What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Hawks apparently working on a deal for Jae. Wonder if it is a straight swap of Holiday for Jae or if there is more on the Atlanta side. Wonder how much they value Jalen Johnson. Not sure if he is back from his injury yet or just collecting DNPs (likely injured still).

Maybe we can get in there and grease the wheels and bring Jalen in. Three team deal with Stanley going to Phoenix with Holiday and send a second to Atlanta with Jae?

Jalen has some attitude issues... maybe... can't remember the whole backstory there but think he quit on Duke and his HS team? Might be a stay away.

Just based on his potential I would take a chance on Jalen Johnson. He's a young, talented 6'-8" player whose archetype is in demand these days. He's another guy that would need development though. ATL is definitely not in player development mode esp after acquiring Dejounte this offseason.

This hypothetical trade could work:
To ATL: Crowder
To PHX: Beasley, J. Holiday
To Utah: Shamet, Jalen Johnson, SRP(s) from PHX

I like Beasley's shooting but honestly think Jazz could develop Agbaji into a more athletic version.

Just based on his potential I would take a chance on Jalen Johnson. He's a young, talented 6'-8" player whose archetype is in demand these days. He's another guy that would need development though. ATL is definitely not in player development mode esp after acquiring Dejounte this offseason.

This hypothetical trade could work:
To ATL: Crowder
To PHX: Beasley, J. Holiday
To Utah: Shamet, Jalen Johnson, SRP(s) from PHX

I like Beasley's shooting but honestly think Jazz could develop Agbaji into a more athletic version.
But that gives us one more player. We are in a cut, cut mode now.

Supposedly Jazz offered the Lakers Bogey Conley and our last pick in 2023 for Russ and two first and Lakers declined.

Even with the down payment smh
Uhhh… I mean, that doesn’t align with what the Lakers were seeking and it sounds like the Jazz are high on the smell of their own ****.

Glad we have rich man’s Rodman and Beasley to build a contender on. Who needs anything else?

Uhhh… I mean, that doesn’t align with what the Lakers were seeking and it sounds like the Jazz are high on the smell of their own ****.

Glad we have rich man’s Rodman and Beasley to build a contender on. Who needs anything else?
Sub in Beasley and Vando for Mike and I wonder if it works.... also wonder if you just add Mike and then wait to do Bev/THT so there is some value there... plus they could keep Johnson.

We have enough stuff to close the gap... so I am hoping we didn't just dig in and say "no more stuff". I am hoping it was the Lakers just balking and thinking they need to hold those picks for a midseason Beal or Dame trade (which is something I can see happening if those teams get off to a rough start). Those contracts won't age well but they are attached to "stars" which is LA's MO.

Sub in Beasley and Vando for Mike and I wonder if it works.... also wonder if you just add Mike and then wait to do Bev/THT so there is some value there... plus they could keep Johnson.

We have enough stuff to close the gap... so I am hoping we didn't just dig in and say "no more stuff". I am hoping it was the Lakers just balking and thinking they need to hold those picks for a midseason Beal or Dame trade (which is something I can see happening if those teams get off to a rough start). Those contracts won't age well but they are attached to "stars" which is LA's MO.
Stop trying to trade Vando!! Idiot.

Supposedly Jazz offered the Lakers Bogey Conley and our last pick in 2023 for Russ and two first and Lakers declined.

Even with the down payment smh
That’s why you don’t make down payments. DA pays non-refundable deposits on VRBOs when he the payment isn’t due yet.

There was never a draft pick in play from the Lakers for anything short of giving them Don.

There was never a draft pick in play from the Lakers for anything short of giving them Don.
Nah... I think Danny got greedy and just wanted em both. It was an error. We should have don Mike/Bogey for Russ straight up rather than the deal we got. This team minus Mike and KO would have a shot at bottom 4. Mike/Bogey/Vando for Russ and one pick is a little rich but we should have done it. There are also other minor assets we could have used.

We had a golden opportunity to solve a lot of our problems... I get that the Lakers would have been a huge beneficiary... but you just have to get over it and do what is best for your club long-term.

Nah... I think Danny got greedy and just wanted em both. It was an error. We should have don Mike/Bogey for Russ straight up rather than the deal we got. This team minus Mike and KO would have a shot at bottom 4. Mike/Bogey/Vando for Russ and one pick is a little rich but we should have done it. There are also other minor assets we could have used.

We had a golden opportunity to solve a lot of our problems... I get that the Lakers would have been a huge beneficiary... but you just have to get over it and do what is best for your club long-term.
You can think that all you want, but there is no reporting or evidence that this is the case. All evidence points to the fact that the Lakers want to keep the picks and clear out salary for a top level free agent next year.

You can think that all you want, but there is no reporting or evidence that this is the case. All evidence points to the fact that the Lakers want to keep the picks and clear out salary for a top level free agent next year.
Except that they got inches away from doing the Turner Heild trade. You place 100% confidence in some of the reports you hear and then poke holes in other reports because it doesn't jive with your opinion.

Keeping the cap clear is super dumb and I have a very hard time thinking that is the plan. They are short of max space by like 10M+... they gonna wait a year to sign Wiggins to a sub max deal? Then what good are the picks as you have no salary to attach to them? Their plan is to find a killer deal. If we simply said Bogey, Mike, and filler for Russ they'd have done it. Why were they having discussions about Bogey, Mike, 1 pick for Russ and 2 picks? You think that was our initial offer and it was just dismissed? There was some back and forth and they will do the right deal.

Except that they got inches away from doing the Turner Heild trade. You place 100% confidence in some of the reports you hear and then poke holes in other reports because it doesn't jive with your opinion.

Keeping the cap clear is super dumb and I have a very hard time thinking that is the plan. They are short of max space by like 10M+... they gonna wait a year to sign Wiggins to a sub max deal? Then what good are the picks as you have no salary to attach to them? Their plan is to find a killer deal. If we simply said Bogey, Mike, and filler for Russ they'd have done it. Why were they having discussions about Bogey, Mike, 1 pick for Russ and 2 picks? You think that was our initial offer and it was just dismissed? There was some back and forth and they will do the right deal.
How do you know they were "inches from a deal." Clearly they were not or the deal would have happened. They were never going ro carry 18 million on Hield next year. The Jazz knew this which is why they blew up the THT for Turner deal. The Jazz made it so they were the only team that could give good players rhat were also expirings for the pick.

You could get mad that the Jazz got "took" in that they thought the picks were on the table enough to make the THT deal, but those picks were never going to happen.

I think that the Lakers think they will get Irving on a discount. At this point in his career I think that James would rather lose with his buddies than work with some "random Euro" as a third option. I think they also feel like they can use the picks to get a 4th star, but I don't understand where the salary matching comes from. Probably use the two picks on someone on a rookie deal.