then

Bojan for Capela

Don
Trent
OG
Royce
Capela

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
It's fine... If that's how we pivot I'm cool with not tanking... though eventually we get there. I don't think that group makes it any farther than we have... would need to find some potential upside swings with trading Mike or JC. That group is still a homerun away but might have more versatility depending on how the other deck chairs are re-arranged.

How far that group goes depends on how much Donovan's defense and playmaking improves... which is similar to where we are now.

I don’t think you remember the last few years of playoffs at all Mitchell has carried us offensively and when it matters.

It’s not popular to say right now, but people really do have short memories. It’s never as good or as bad as people make it seem, people will always overreact. I think most people are too low on Mitchell and Gobert. We are underestimating just how good they are because we just saw the worst possible outcome. I think both played like complete **** this playoffs and hold a ton of responsibility for the failures on and off the court. But that doesn’t mean they’re incapable of doing better. If you really believe that, you just also believe that the Jazz did a good job of building around them and that’s something I can’t stand by.

There’s so much wrong with this team. It’s always been stupid to blame Gobert for the defense and now we’re blaming Mitchell for the offense.

Recently, former team president Danny Ainge revealed the key move made by his successor Brad Stevens that he believes paved the way for the Celtics’ return to the NBA Finals.

“I think that, by moving Kemba [Walker],” Ainge told NBA insider Steve Bulpett. “It allowed Marcus (Smart), Jaylen (Brown) and Jayson (Tatum) and Robert Williams to really thrive in positional size, with Horford taking up a big responsibility in the front line for Robert and moving Jaylen, Jayson and Marcus to their positions where they can have size advantages.

“It’s just a better fit. I think that is really clear.”

What do you feel about:

Rudy for OG and Trent Jr

then

Bojan for Capela

Don
Trent
OG
Royce
Capela

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I prefer to keep both, but if Gobert must be traded I like Trent/OG as players. They're at the right age range where it's worth it to wait and see what you have and gather information before you make a decision on Don. Instead of going for Capela, I'd go for someone earlier in their career. He's only going to be 28, but he looked like he was 35 last year. Myles Turner has been in the rumors for awhile, I like him as a target. If they could turn Bogey into Turner and have him sign an extension that would be incredible. Other options....possibly Mitchell Robinson in a S&T....I like throwing the full MLE at Nurkic or even Hartenstein as well. It's not unreasonable that these types of guys have a good productive year at their ages. They don't look completely fried like Capela.

Whatever direction the Jazz go, they need to turn Conley and Bogey into younger assets. Turn Bogey into one of the C's somehow, then Conley for Lavert. You have a decent-ish team with some upside. If it doesn't work you can still do the nuclear option and tank with more tradeable assets. The Jazz can't let Conley and Bogey burn out in Jazz uniforms.

It’s not popular to say right now, but people really do have short memories. It’s never as good or as bad as people make it seem, people will always overreact. I think most people are too low on Mitchell and Gobert. We are underestimating just how good they are because we just saw the worst possible outcome. I think both played like complete **** this playoffs and hold a ton of responsibility for the failures on and off the court. But that doesn’t mean they’re incapable of doing better. If you really believe that, you just also believe that the Jazz did a good job of building around them and that’s something I can’t stand by.

There’s so much wrong with this team. It’s always been stupid to blame Gobert for the defense and now we’re blaming Mitchell for the offense.
I mean this postseason its not all Donovan's fault but a lot of the offensive futility was absolutely on him. Mike gets his helping of the blame pie too... The issue is two way players. Its not an easy issue to fix and giving up Bogey, Mike, and/or JC will hurt the offense... those guys were good fits offensively... having them absolutely helped drive our regular season offense. Rudy is able to raise the defensive floor of the team in the regular season in ways he can't in the playoffs. If he has Smart, Tatum, Brown its a different story.

I mean this postseason its not all Donovan's fault but a lot of the offensive futility was absolutely on him. Mike gets his helping of the blame pie too... The issue is two way players. Its not an easy issue to fix and giving up Bogey, Mike, and/or JC will hurt the offense... those guys were good fits offensively... having them absolutely helped drive our regular season offense. Rudy is able to raise the defensive floor of the team in the regular season in ways he can't in the playoffs. If he has Smart, Tatum, Brown its a different story.

Oh for sure....What I'm saying is that we shouldn't overreact to his failures this playoffs and make too large of judgements based on his performance this year.

YoungJefe

Member​

Recently, former team president Danny Ainge revealed the key move made by his successor Brad Stevens that he believes paved the way for the Celtics’ return to the NBA Finals.

I think that, by moving Kemba [Walker],” Ainge told NBA insider Steve Bulpett. “It allowed Marcus (Smart), Jaylen (Brown) and Jayson (Tatum) and Robert Williams to really thrive in positional size, with Horford taking up a big responsibility in the front line for Robert and moving Jaylen, Jayson and Marcus to their positions where they can have size advantages.

“It’s just a better fit. I think that is really clear.”
So, basically the "anti-Conley" move

This. Like we can swap Mitchell/Rudy for Doncic/Jokic right now and we still probably wouldn't get out of the second round.

People don't understand that we are one of the least talented teams in the league, not just the playoff teams. Swapping your two best players won't change that.

Conley and Bogey wouldn't be starting for half of the teams in this league. Royce is for sure a bench player. House was thrown away by the Rockets then Knicks like barbage and many of us wanted him to start over Royce here. Paschall, NAW and Juancho were salary dumped to us and we gave them real NBA minutes. Shaq and Doke were not real nba players. ****, we have like 7 real nba players on this roster period and over half of them are bench warmers on most teams. you simply can't win with a roster like this

When you usage is 30%+ it stands to reason you are responsible for around 30% of the offense. Which is far and away the lions share.

But tbh everyone sucked this year. To a man. There is more than enough suckage to go around.

Tony Jones called the reports about the Jazz possibly trading Rudy to Toronto frivolous on the radio this afternoon and said no serious talks are happening yet between any teams. He also continues to change his tune about how much the roster will change this offseason...he's now saying that the Jazz want to add wings around the margins and try to become more matchup proof and that the core may start to change this year or next. At the start of the offseason, he was reporting that there would be significant and possibly seismic changes to the roster this summer, and that as many as two starters may be moved.

Tim MacMahon said that that the word on the Jazz coming out of the combine is that they don't want to trade any of their main guys.

Get ready to run it back again with this same core...1st round exit here we come!!!

Tony Jones called the reports about the Jazz possibly trading Rudy to Toronto frivolous on the radio this afternoon and said no serious talks are happening yet between any teams. He also continues to change his tune about how much the roster will change this offseason...he's now saying that the Jazz want to add wings around the margins and try to become more matchup proof and that the core may start to change this year or next. At the start of the offseason, he was reporting that there would be significant and possibly seismic changes to the roster this summer, and that as many as two starters may be moved.

Tim MacMahon said that that the word on the Jazz coming out of the combine is that they don't want to trade any of their main guys.

Get ready to run it back again with this same core...1st round exit here we come!!!
I’m telling you guys… we already know what we can get for JC and Bogey excuse we likely shopped them at the deadline… we have a good idea after calling around what the trades for Mike and Royce would look like. We likely fielded a couple calls on Rudy. The yield likely wasn’t looking great so the time changes to “nah we doing fring move stuff we don’t even want to move any of our core guys ya bish”.

Maybe something better shakes out later but my offseason prediction is we get out of the tax… that’s it… we somehow will lose enough salary to duck the tax or at least get in range that it’s an option. A future second and NAW to the Thunder. Waive and stretch Rudy Gay’s deal. Or Jared Butler and Rudy Gay go somewhere for a trade exception. We will buy a couple LATE second rounders to draft guys that we can pay $900k instead of 1.8M to a league minimum guy. None of these will be positioned as salary dumps by Jazz media types… except for Andy Larsen who will get Twitter hate from every Jazz player and get fired from the Trib. Also @infection will come up with 400 metaphors to explain how dumb these moves are.

I’m telling you guys… we already know what we can get for JC and Bogey excuse we likely shopped them at the deadline… we have a good idea after calling around what the trades for Mike and Royce would look like. We likely fielded a couple calls on Rudy. The yield likely wasn’t looking great so the time changes to “nah we doing fring move stuff we don’t even want to move any of our core guys ya bish”.

Maybe something better shakes out later but my offseason prediction is we get out of the tax… that’s it… we somehow will lose enough salary to duck the tax or at least get in range that it’s an option. A future second and NAW to the Thunder. Waive and stretch Rudy Gay’s deal. Or Jared Butler and Rudy Gay go somewhere for a trade exception. We will buy a couple LATE second rounders to draft guys that we can pay $900k instead of 1.8M to a league minimum guy. None of these will be positioned as salary dumps by Jazz media types… except for Andy Larsen who will get Twitter hate from every Jazz player and get fired from the Trib. Also @infection will come up with 400 metaphors to explain how dumb these moves are.

What position are we gonna shift miGhT cOnLeY into so he could have his size advantage?
Trade him. I'm 100% fine with trading Conley if the Jazz can get a solid deal that gives them better depth or raises their ceiling with a higher upside swing.

Lopo has crafted this strange narrative that I defend Conley because I dont blame 100% of the Jazz failures on one move.

Why are we gonna get a solid deal for a guy that we ourselves consider diminishes us and whose physical limitations are becoming notoriously bigger by the day?
Jazz fail this iteration. Just own it and start it over again.

The 18 guys the Jazz bought in for the veteran free agent camp could probably beat this year's playoff version of the Jazz is they played bet of five games.

Why are we gonna get a solid deal for a guy that we ourselves consider diminishes us and whose physical limitations are becoming notoriously bigger by the day?
"solid deal" is a relative statement. And he had one bad playoff series, bigger by the day is a bit of an overstatement. He's probably going to be a good starting PG next year for whatever team he is on.

"solid deal" is a relative statement. And he had one bad playoff series, bigger by the day is a bit of an overstatement. He's probably going to be a good starting PG next year for whatever team he is on.
Hope you're right and I'm just blowing it out a bit too much. I don't think so, but I really hope.

I was concerned in the exit interviews when Justin Zanik said that the disruptions the team experienced mid-season prevented the team from really "playing connected." Then Quin said the team "never found a spark" that they were looking for. Sounded like both of them were making excuses for the current group.