What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I get not being a huge Bones fan (because honestly I'm not either), but the outright dismissal of his talent/potential level here is hilarious when people are saying they wouldnt give up JV/NAW for him.
As the roster sits I think Bones would be less likely to play than Vando. If we move Mike then okay go ahead and throw Bones out there but I'd rather see more of NAW and THT and it isn't really close.

Shooting gravity is nice and all but you ignore the things the other guys bring that are currently making them more functional players. I don't think a Mike or Collin trade is likely. I'd say its like a 30% chance one is moved.

The greatest value Bones would bring is he would really help us lose more. If we move Mike and trade Vando for Bones then whatevs... I just think you are way higher on him than you likely should be. I'd rather keep Vando and I'm not a huge Vando guy.
I think he would likely help us win more games than Sexton, but obviously much less than Conley.

The emergence of Kessler just makes it difficult to play JV enough to where he develops and gains that value.

I never fully believed in JV;s development even without WK, but it's going to be harder for him to do so next to an offensively limited center like WK. The Jazz got 9 days to trade JV's contract and after that his value is going to drop. I'm not 100% on the get Bones train, if there is a better deal out there for JV go ahead and get it done, but the Bones/JV contracts line up nicely and it's just a clean trade (which is difficult to find in the market)
I have no interest in Bones but if they were willing to make a deal with Christian Braun then sign me up.

I think he would likely help us win more games than Sexton, but obviously much less than Conley.
This is loud wrong… jebus man… Bones is dead last in on/off difference in the league. Last… sexton is an efficient decent volume scorer… you may not like how he does it but it’s way more effective than what Bones is doing.

No we all understood what you meant, it was just wrong. The Jazz have a singular PG on the roster named Mike Conley then they have a bunch of combo guards.

When conley is out hardy has 3 guys to turn to take that spot. Because its the deepest. I agree that they are combo guards though. Combo meaning combination. Point guard being part of that combination. They aren’t necessarily ideal if you are wanting a pure pass first point guard but the good news is that in todays nba pass first points arent really necessary and dont exist much so they are fine to play point guard. I mean what team do we play next?
Raptors. Who is their pass first pure point guard?
Looking at their roster i see fred van fleet and gary trent jr are the players for them listed as point guards.
I think sexton, naw and tht can play the point just as much as they can. Just as much as most teams point guards tbh. Conley (a tiny pass first point guard) is kind of a dying breed.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

When conley is out hardy has 3 guys to turn to take that spot. Because its the deepest. I agree that they are combo guards though. Combo meaning combination. Point guard being part of that combination. They aren’t necessarily ideal if you are wanting a pure pass first point guard but the good news is that in todays nba pass first points arent really necessary and dont exist much so they are fine to play point guard. I mean what team do we play next?
Raptors. Who is their pass first pure point guard?
Looking at their roster i see fred van fleet and gary trent jr are the players for them listed as point guards.
I think sexton, naw and tht can play the point just as much as they can. Just as much as most teams point guards tbh. Conley (a tiny pass first point guard) is kind of a dying breed.

Man you are a huge tool lmfao.

I guess every NBA team is deep at every position because techincally the coach can turn to his bench and be like "Hey you, go play that position"

Your dislike of Sexton is next level. No one besides you would think that Bones is a better player than Sexton right now.
My dislike for Sexton is next level because I said I like Bones Hyland better than him?

You really live in a bubble of HH's opinion on Bones Hyland because I promise you the general consensus on Hyland is much higher than it is on this forum.

Your dislike of Sexton is next level. No one besides you would think that Bones is a better player than Sexton right now.

This is loud wrong… jebus man… Bones is dead last in on/off difference in the league. Last… sexton is an efficient decent volume scorer… you may not like how he does it but it’s way more effective than what Bones is doing.

He is Mr. Objective didn’t you guys know? Not a hater at all.

I guess every NBA team is deep at every position because techincally the coach can turn to his bench and be like "Hey you, go play that position"

Nope. For instance hardy doesnt have 4 guys at center that that he has put in the regular rotation. In fact hardy literally hasnt played 4 guys in the regular rotation at any position besides point guard.

He is Mr. Objective didn’t you guys know? Not a hater at all.
Sexton has a -1.2 BPM and Hyland has a -0.6 BPM. I can also cherry pick advanced stats to say Hyland is better.

One is a 5th year player on an overpaid contract and the other is in the middle of his 2nd season trying to carry a mediocre to bad bench unit.

Nope. For instance hardy doesnt have 4 guys at center that that he has put in the regular rotation. In fact hardy literally hasnt played 4 guys in the regular rotation at any position besides point guard.

He;s played Lauri, JV, KO, Kessler, and Udoka at the 5.....

Damn, 5 guys? Utah is one of the deepest teams at center now *Fish Logic*

Sexton has a -1.2 BPM and Hyland has a -0.6 BPM. I can also cherry pick advanced stats to say Hyland is better.

One is a 5th year player on an overpaid contract and the other is in the middle of his 2nd season trying to carry a mediocre to bad bench unit.
Where they are in their experience doesn't mean **** when you say dumb things like Bones would help us win more now. Damn dude... just look at what Sexton does with starting type groups... the net is better than most of the Conley iterations of those lineups.

Where they are in their experience doesn't mean **** when you say dumb things like Bones would help us win more now. Damn dude... just look at what Sexton does with starting type groups... the net is better than most of the Conley iterations of those lineups.
I watch teh games bud, I see what Sexton does. He has value as a guy who can get some buckets, but he does nothing for the team and is a negative with decision making and defense. Bones would be a big improvement for spacing and overall play.