What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Just offer to throw Olynyk Minnesota’s way and tell them to parlay him into the draft capital they’re looking for.
Also this is where I throw out that maybe just maybe in the THT and KO deals we should have gotten some seconds to sweeten this deal to get it done. This is where those things matter

I'm fine with one pick as long as it's unprotected.

Unprotected picks generally don't get traded in this league unless it's for a star.
They didn't get traded for a long time at all... GMs forgot why... the next few years they will be reminded why.

Also this is where I throw out that maybe just maybe in the THT and KO deals we should have gotten some seconds to sweeten this deal to get it done. This is where those things matter
Utah should not be the one sweetening it tho. That's on the Lakers. They are getting a ton back for just one pick (hopefully a swap too, those things are left out in the major early reporting talks often).

1 draft pick for 3 starters. That's a major no. Plus the guys utah is sending have reasonable contracts. Conley is overpaid but nothing crazy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Beasley? Bench player. Vando? Bench player. Who are these 3 you speak of?

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Utah should not be the one sweetening it tho. That's on the Lakers. They are getting a ton back for just one pick (hopefully a swap too, those things are left out in the major early reporting talks often).
Exactly the least skin in the game is us. We have zero pressure to do a deal.

You could also say we aren’t getting this deal done without Minnesota regardless so we might have to sweeten it a little.

Danny was quoted back saying he values these guys as 1 first each. 1 for all 3 isn't going to happen.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Dont believe everything you read and hear. Sometimes people are not completely honest

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I would send Gay to Lakers, Vando to NYK, and Obi + NYK pick to the Wolves. The Jazz would just be adding Gay. And the Lakers would lose out on Vando. I would send Micah Potter or Fontecchio or Dok to Lakers if they complain.

I wonder if Minnesota is trying to get their 2026 pick swap back or something.

I think that could be the case... I would try and say to the Lakers... we will give them the pick swap back and they can go declare victory, but we need the pick swap with you this year on the Philly pick.

I think that could be the case... I would try and say to the Lakers... we will give them the pick swap back and they can go declare victory, but we need the pick swap with you this year on the Philly pick.
I think we might already have that tho. Is Utah really going to take back only a single pick for 3 players? I wouldnt mind it, but I would think DA would want a bit more. Maybe we are getting Reeves to or something, idk.

Having Mike or any player that we are having conversations about trading playing tonight would be stupid. It is not worth the injury risk for one game.
I agree but the report above said everyone but Vando was available and expected to play. If he plays he might as well play well to motivate

I for one who is opposed to this trade with the Fakers. I h8 big market teams vulturing on small market teams and their fans still talking sh*t about us through and through. Giving them Russell, Beasley and Vanderbilt just proves it. What the hell!!