What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I think the Suns/KD trade may give memphis more reason to sit on their hands. Sometimes waiting gives you the ability to land KD. But then sometimes it makes you miss your window and lose Ja

I think the Suns/KD trade may give memphis more reason to sit on their hands. Sometimes waiting gives you the ability to land KD. But then sometimes it makes you miss your window and lose Ja
Man they arent anywhere close to losing Ja. THey just going to lose in the 1st/2nd round over and over again until their team becomes too expensive and they have to start starting their pet late round picks.

Just a bunch of little baby moves right now.

Has the shipped sailed on major trades? Clarkson here to stay? Memphis/NO sitting on their hands?
No real market for Clarkson.

As I said recently, teams don't need the version we're seeing this season. He wouldn't start for anyone, and contenders have no use for SG's who can't defend the point of attack.

No real market for Clarkson.

As I said recently, teams don't need the version we're seeing this season. He wouldn't start for anyone, and contenders have no use for SG's who can't defend the point of attack.
I call BS on no one wanting him or that idea that teams dont like offensive players.

Think he's just in the space where he is too valuable to be traded for scraps and not good enough/under contract to be traded for a first.

Nets have also set themselves up nicely for the summer of 2025. If they can move DFS and Simmons they'll have space for two max slots when Tatum, Mitchell, Ingram, and Murray hit the market.
This should be the target off-season for the Jazz as well. Lots of assets start rolling in at that time and if the cap sheet is still basically clear they’ll have a young all star entering his prime, some young developmental pieces, a fairly clean balance sheet and tons of assets to aggressively add a star or two.

Just a bunch of little baby moves right now.

Has the shipped sailed on major trades? Clarkson here to stay? Memphis/NO sitting on their hands?
I sure hope it hasn't. I just don't see any point in holding onto Clarkson now.

You really have no clue. This trade is great for the nets. They get a great player in Bridges locked into an awesome contract as well as another really good player in Johnson who will be restricted. Then the 25 and later picks could be pure gold with how old and injury prone Durant is.
I would not trade either of the packages we got from the Gobert/Mitchell trades for that, and KD >>>>>>> Mitchell/Gobert.

Lauri is an all-star for the first time in his career. He loves Utah. He loves Hardy. He knows the team has an amazing cache of resources they'll use to build a team around him. Wouldn't worry about that.
I am not worried about it and it's not my problem. But if you think players don't consider the impact of loyalty I think you are mistaken. I recall when AD would not consider the Celtics because of how Ainge treated some players. It is real and would be for me as a player. Like all of us, players understand making short term sacrifice for longer term benefit but long term cant be to far out that it is irrelevant. This trade shows that we placed minimal value on some guys that were not only well liked but part of the fabric of what this team had united around. When a team and its fans are more excited about trade deadlines and draft day than they are about game day and winning it is interesting to consider what your goals really are. We need talent, not more potential assets.

Those seconds are flying around like migrating flocks... Feels like teams don't really value them a ton.
Multiple seconds just land teams the likes of Thomas Bryant, Jalen McDaniels, Thybulle, Crowder. Teams don't value them a ton? Don't think so......

I do think we should get Ben Simmons if he is available and being offered with draft compensation.

I dont think cap-space is super valuable anymore. Teams seem to only get 2nd rounders for cap-space. You got to really save a team a big chunk of cash to get the first and why not do it with someone who has potential?

I just dont think Brooklyn is currently in desperation to get off Simmons though, but could be wrong.

In Tony Jones latest article he says the Jazz plan to remain active in conversations up to the deadline and that there is on the market in Clarkson and Olynyk.