What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I’m interested in Westbrook’s buyout. Wonder if we save a couple million or if it’s just his salary minus the vet minimum.

Andy Larsen did a great article where he put together a model on why the Jazz got absolute garbage value on this trade - you should pull your head out of your *** and read it sometime.

Shut up and stop ****ing crying. You complain and cry about everything.

Sure looks like there was a ton of value to be had around the league huh. You think the Lakers would trade that first for 15 seconds? 20 seconds? The answer is no.

Sure looks like there was a ton of value to be had around the league huh. You think the Lakers would trade that first for 15 seconds? 20 seconds? The answer is no.
The truly hilarious part is that if the Lakers are as awful as projected there's a fantastic chance the Blazers just got 5x the value for GP2 that we got for Conley/Beasley/Vanderbilt.

But don't take my word for it. Even the Utah Jazz subreddit which is a bastion for super optimistic/homerism takes universally hates this trade.

Andy Larsen did a great article where he put together a model on why the Jazz got absolute garbage value on this trade - you should pull your head out of your *** and read it sometime.
We needed to tank, didn't you say we'd be better after we traded the veterans? lmao

The Boston media ripped Danny after he traded KG/Pierce to Brooklyn for Wallace and picks those picks later became Tatum / Brown. Have faith.

G1Dvm2MRtENGUiMC_HVMmBbT6swauG1JBzSX_EMbEh0.png

they did get garbage value. but the point wasn't to get value in return. Ainge would admit the value they got back was garbage. the point was to shed salary and tank - he accomplished that. anything they got back was gravy.

they did get garbage value. but the point wasn't to get value in return. Ainge would admit the value they got back was garbage. the point was to shed salary and tank - he accomplished that. anything they got back was gravy.
If we were going to tank, we should've started that process in October, not in February when we're at .500 and our absolute best case scenario tanking wise isn't even bottom 5.

If we were going to tank, we should've started that process in October, not in February when we're at .500 and our absolute best case scenario tanking wise isn't even bottom 5.
i agree 100% - the worst thing about the trade is that it didn't happen four months ago.

the optimist in me says better late than never. :shrug:

Doubt there was much trade interest in Conley, Beasley, etc in August. We rehabbed their value.

Honestly, I don't think I have ever seen him post something positive about the Jazz. Does he even like the Jazz?

The truly hilarious part is that if the Lakers are as awful as projected there's a fantastic chance the Blazers just got 5x the value for GP2 that we got for Conley/Beasley/Vanderbilt.

But don't take my word for it. Even the Utah Jazz subreddit which is a bastion for super optimistic/homerism takes universally hates this trade.

I know you don’t really understand how anything works since I had to breakdown the salary cap for you yesterday. Not only did we get a valuable first we got 30M off of the books for next year.

We are projected to have anywhere from 50M-80M of actual cap space this off-season now.

Go ahead and keep crying though that’s all you do.

I actually feel a lot better about the trade after watching today go down to the wire. High end trades mostly happened yesterday and today was leftovers and 2nd round picks. If the Lakers pick ends up being conveyed at all, it will be a good trade. I don’t love the protections, but we’re still WAY more likely to get that pick than not. Lakers could tank the eff out of that season and still fall out of the top 4 pretty easily. I think they’ll probably just try to be competitive tbh.

Doubt there was much trade interest in Conley, Beasley, etc in August. We rehabbed their value.
lol

Even other people in this thread who are for the trade agree that it wasn't for the value we brought back directly because that value was terrible.