What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

Mannix on Russillo's podcast today: "in the coming months the market for Donovan Mitchell, I believe, will be incredibly robust." He goes on to say, that Ainge only does deals when he smells desperation. He said that Ainge smells desperation better than any Exec he's ever been around. He then went on to say, "there could be a bidding war in the coming months for Donovan Mitchell from teams that are desperate."
Ainge teh gawd

Mannix on Russillo's podcast today: "in the coming months the market for Donovan Mitchell, I believe, will be incredibly robust." He goes on to say, that Ainge only does deals when he smells desperation. He said that Ainge smells desperation better than any Exec he's ever been around. He then went on to say, "there could be a bidding war in the coming months for Donovan Mitchell from teams that are desperate."
Just got through listening to the pod and the other important thing Mannix said was that Ainge doesn't like to half *** things if you're going to be a team that's good he wants the team to be really good. If you're going to be bad you're going to be really bad, being stuck in the middle isn't an Ainge thing to do. If you're going to be in that 9 to 11 seed range might as well just go for the 15th seed.

Also interesting thing that Mannix doesn't think Donovan is an Ainge type of player at all. Ainge loves his long versatile players that can switch on defense and that on offense Donovan is in this weird spot not really knowing if he is a 1 or 2 long term. He also thinks that Ainge doesn't see Donovan as a foundational piece of the franchise to build around for the next 5-10 years.

TLDR: By this time next year Mannix doesn't believe Donovan is on this roster.

Just got through listening to the pod and the other important thing Mannix said was that Ainge doesn't like to half *** things if you're going to be a team that's good he wants the team to be really good. If you're going to be bad you're going to be really bad, being stuck in the middle isn't an Ainge thing to do. If you're going to be in that 9 to 11 seed range might as well just go for the 15th seed.

Also interesting thing that Mannix doesn't think Donovan is an Ainge type of player at all. Ainge loves his long versatile players that can switch on defense and that on offense Donovan is in this weird spot not really knowing if he is a 1 or 2 long term. He also thinks that Ainge doesn't see Donovan as a foundational piece of the franchise to build around for the next 5-10 years.

I like Ainge more and more every day.

I get warm bubbly feeling when I hear other rational Donovan haters talk.

I do think Ainge is just very good manager. As the boss here, he probably know if what he got is enough to achieve great. And if not what is missing.
As the main player, he for sure have an opinion of what he can do with Don. 2 options : he see him as an important piece able to win a championship soon if well surrounded, or he is convince that he is not good enough and he will trade him as soon as there is a match with another team. Time will tell.
If i was the GM here, i will trade him. As for me Don is a number 2, not a number 1 and we can't afford to get a number 1 at that stage.

I do think Ainge is just very good manager. As the boss here, he probably know if what he got is enough to achieve great. And if not what is missing.
As the main player, he for sure have an opinion of what he can do with Don. 2 options : he see him as an important piece able to win a championship soon if well surrounded, or he is convince that he is not good enough and he will trade him as soon as there is a match with another team. Time will tell.
If i was the GM here, i will trade him. As for me Don is a number 2, not a number 1 and we can't afford to get a number 1 at that stage.
I'm pretty sure Ainge is just waiting for the price. I love Don as much as anyway, but we have to rebuild this house, starting with the framework.

i just hope mannix is right. seems to be mostly speculation rather than any inside knowledge, but the things he's saying make sense.

i just hope mannix is right. seems to be mostly speculation rather than any inside knowledge, but the things he's saying make sense.
Jones, Woj, and others already said that if they get the Gobert-level offer, it would be "difficult to say no." That's Ainge basically saying "Pony up."

I’m not necessarily buying that Don “isn’t an Ainge type player.” He drafted Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart with somewhat high picks, and he’s signed multiple undersized scoring guards. We all know that Don has tremendous length as well… Not saying that Danny doesn’t prefer wings, but it’s not like he hasn’t built teams around guys like Mitchell

I didn't see that post, but I wasn't talking about stiches anyway. I was addressing a bunch of guys on here just looking to throw shade.

Jesus, grow the **** up. I can’t stand that phrase or people saying “haters.” It’s called constructive criticism, dillhole. Get used to it. All you woke ****s need to get over your feelings and join the real world.

Yes, there are some really easy pickings to be had with Donovan's efficiency. He does pretty much all the hardest things really well. But the easy stuff needs improvement - he needs to get to the line more, he needs to improve in transition, he needs to improve on cuts.

Look at those stats:
Isolation - 83d percentile (9% frequency)
PnR ballhandler - 88th percentile(47.5% frequency!!!!!!!!!!!! This is actually insane PnR volume ... but he's really good at it)

Those are elite numbers for a primary ballhandler and offensive creator. But he doesn't even have enough volume on cuts to qualify for the stat. And his transition numbers have been bad for the entirety of his career.

BTW just checked his finishing around the rim - it's actually pretty good - 71% this last season... this is great for a guard.
A very interesting stat. Any other Rudy fans look at it and think that maybe the guy doing the P in that PnR might have been elite at it? And maybe Don will struggle when that guy isn’t around anymore?

Jesus, grow the **** up. I can’t stand that phrase or people saying “haters.” It’s called constructive criticism, dillhole. Get used to it. All you woke ****s need to get over your feelings and join the real world.
Dude. I'm in my 40s and hate the woke crowd.

I can take constructive criticism all day. Undue negativity around here is my issue.

For example- say Donovan's defense sucks? Sure. Fair game.

Saying Donovan is any more of a diva than Rudy was? Saying Donovan is definitely going to do this or do that? Saying we will suck no matter what next year? Those are all opinions people on here spin as facts and throw a fit when disagreed with.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I can take constructive criticism all day. Undue negativity around here is my issue.

Saying Donovan is any more of a diva than Rudy was? Saying Donovan is definitely going to do this or do that? Saying we will suck no matter what next year? Those are all opinions people on here spin as facts and throw a fit when disagreed with.

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and don't feel obligated to respond to every non-positive mention of Donovan Mitchell. No one is confused about how you feel or what your main points are.

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and don't feel obligated to respond to every non-positive mention of Donovan Mitchell. No one is confused about how you feel or what your main points are.
Fair enough.

You guys are just as redundant as me just in the other direction. If I was debating Miami vs NY....

At the risk of derailing of this thread, what is "wokeness" exactly.