What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

It's going to happen
I agree... although I could see one team leaking something saying "they aren't interested and have walked away from the table". Just depends on how far apart they are... we know the Jazz asked for everything... not sure how the Knicks countered.

At the end of the pod they asked each guy if they thought a deal is done by next week. Bontemps said yes... others said no.

McMahon and Bontemps are among my favs... McMahon especially is hilarious and a straight shooter.

I hope Bontemps is right...I need to get back to real life and stop checking my phone every 30 seconds.

After finalizing the trade with Mitchell to the Knicks, the Jazz should absolutely start looking at selling off all their other veteran players and facilitating other trades for quality assets.

With that said, I’d like to see them make deals in a way that allows them to accumulate expiring contracts. Create a massive amount of cap space for next offseason (or the year after) to help facilitate a major salary dump for some team leading up to free agency and see if you can add some more unprotected or lightly protected picks in the process.

It would be nice if they could add a couple more future 1st round picks to the war chest, so that the Jazz have the leverage to go after a star once their window opens again.

After finalizing the trade with Mitchell to the Knicks, the Jazz should absolutely start looking at selling off all their other veteran players and facilitating other trades for quality assets.

With that said, I’d like to see them make deals in a way that allows them to accumulate expiring contracts. Create a massive amount of cap space for next offseason (or the year after) to help facilitate a major salary dump for some team leading up to free agency and see if you can add some more unprotected or lightly protected picks in the process.

It would be nice if they could add a couple more future 1st round picks to the war chest, so that the Jazz have the leverage to go after a star once their window opens again.
I assume they are already doing this... can't do it yet though in part because the market is frozen a bit and they have the Don thing to deal with.

I would bet Bogey, JC, Bev at a minimum are traded before the season. Mike may wait as his value may be a touch lower right now and worst case he's a super pro to help with the transition.

I assume they are already doing this... can't do it yet though in part because the market is frozen a bit and they have the Don thing to deal with.

I would bet Bogey, JC, Bev at a minimum are traded before the season. Mike may wait as his value may be a touch lower right now and worst case he's a super pro to help with the transition.
That’s how I see it as well, although I could easily see Conley and Gay get rolled up into a bigger trade where the Jazz bring back some sort of asset for helping to facilitate. Westbrook, Durant, etc.

Is everything just quiet at this point? I used to miss 2 hours and come back to 6 pages of posts.

I think there have been like 12 posts in the last 24 hours.

I rely on you guys for my Twitter rumors info!
Basically its in the same spot... we want the world... they want less than that... now we stare at each others faces until one blinks.

Saw on RealGM that there is some discussion of Bogey going to Raptors. Might be waiting for the Mitchell trade to get done. I have no idea what Bogey can bring back in a trade. A first and second? Have to assume he has a little more value than Royce.

Saw on RealGM that there is some discussion of Bogey going to Raptors. Might be waiting for the Mitchell trade to get done. I have no idea what Bogey can bring back in a trade. A first and second? Have to assume he has a little more value than Royce.
I'm not convinced they are a huge suitor, Tim mentioned them saying they are more likely to pursue Bogey than Donovan... so it was in passing. Trent Jr. and stuff would be the cleanest version. Not sure we get a first in that deal... maybe if we take Birch back too?