What's new

Trade Rumors Involving the Jazz

I think we keep Beasley unless they love him. He could have a great year and be valuable or could be a keeper.

I think they could really use all of Bev, JC, Mike. They pick two and get Bogey… I think that enough. Vando would be more of a pillar of the deal than a throw in. I think either Bogey or Vando would have the most trade value independently… could be way off but I think he easily nets a first by himself… Bogey too… JC and Bev are more like 3 second rounders types unless you take back bad salary.

Mike makes a ton of sense for them, and they might be the only buyer for Conley. We ought to our best to include him in a LAL deal, but I think they would prefer him to Beasley anyways.

One thing to think about Beasley....he's ex-Klutch sports. So if that relationship ended poorly he might not be wanted there at all. OTOH, Jordan Clarkson is currently represented by clutch sports, so they might overvalue him.

Mike makes a ton of sense for them, and they might be the only buyer for Conley. We ought to our best to include him in a LAL deal, but I think they would prefer him to Beasley anyways.

One thing to think about Beasley....he's ex-Klutch sports. So if that relationship ended poorly he might not be wanted there at all. OTOH, Jordan Clarkson is currently represented by clutch sports, so they might overvalue him.
Klutch connections are real in LA. JC is for sure in that deal if it happens.

The ultimate point I wanna make regardless of what combination of players is sent is that the Lakers can put together whatever package they want of our current and incoming (Knicks) players. The one I put together just gave them a real starting lineup while saving them a lot of money at the same time.

If they wanna prioritize winning, then just clean us out. If they wanna be as cheap as possible, do that. Anything in between, go nuts.

Conley just costs a lot more than Bev straight up but I think the fit otherwise is great. LA needs a starting 2-guard and I’m not sure Clarkson is that, but maybe he is.

Trade Machine 1.jpg

With things getting stale, I thought I'd take a stab at drawing up a reasonable trade that I'm sure is going to get **** upon instantly. Only caveat is I'd also ask for a swap from NYK for 2026 or 2028.

View attachment 12689

With things getting stale, I thought I'd take a stab at drawing up a reasonable trade that I'm sure is going to get **** upon instantly. Only caveat is I'd also ask for a swap from NYK for 2026 or 2028.
Happy to oblige: Randle has to stay on the Knicks. It is crucial that they be as crippled as possible and he is basically a saboteur locked into a crazy long term deal.

Happy to oblige: Randle has to stay on the Knicks. It is crucial that they be as crippled as possible and he is basically a saboteur locked into a crazy long term deal.
What if Westbrook went and stayed in NYK, but Randle went to LAL. Does that cripple them less, or more, than having Randle stay in NYK? Probably not likely that NYK would trade for Westbrook and keep him, but it sounds like their fans are willing to do just about anything to get off of Randle's contract.

Damn this is going to be fun.

I mean it’s possible we can watch the tank and boo the **** out of Westbrook in a Jazz jersey. He hates Utah, just wait until he puts the note on and we still boo his ***.

Damn this is going to be fun.

I mean it’s possible we can watch the tank and boo the **** out of Westbrook in a Jazz jersey. He hates Utah, just wait until he puts the note on and we still boo his ***.

He’s getting bought out if we traded for him.

He’s getting bought out if we traded for him.
Here's my spitballing, there is a non-zero chance he doesn't get picked up if we buy him out. He would at least be a starter on the Jazz. Is he going to play off the bench for a middling team for less money after a buyout? A contender isn't going anywhere near him.

Sorry but I am not putting top 5 protection on the 2029 LA pick. Call it payback for the Magic/Gail Goodrich deal. LA will be awful once Lebron leaves. No picks and no superstars left.

Sorry but I am not putting top 5 protection on the 2029 LA pick. Call it payback for the Magic/Gail Goodrich deal. LA will be awful once Lebron leaves. No picks and no superstars left.
Except that wasn't the "deal." The Jazz signed Goodrich as a free agent. The NBA stepped in later and took the Jazz pick and gave it to the Lakers. The Jazz had no say in the matter whatsoever. Mostly they were afraid of sending another Star to die there like what happened wit Maravich. Late 70's NBA was majorly sketchy.

Here's my spitballing, there is a non-zero chance he doesn't get picked up if we buy him out. He would at least be a starter on the Jazz. Is he going to play off the bench for a middling team for less money after a buyout? A contender isn't going anywhere near him.
Someone will take a chance on him becuase he will be cheaper. Teams were taking chances on him when he cost 40+ million.

I don’t care what happens to him after they trade for him, but I’m getting a custom made Westbrook jersey in the ugliest version I can find if this goes down. Don’t care if they buy him out and he ends up on a “contender” somewhere else before ever playing a game for the Jazz.

If they ever own his rights, it’s something that absolutely has to happen.

Except that wasn't the "deal." The Jazz signed Goodrich as a free agent. The NBA stepped in later and took the Jazz pick and gave it to the Lakers. The Jazz had no say in the matter whatsoever. Mostly they were afraid of sending another Star to die there like what happened wit Maravich. Late 70's NBA was majorly sketchy.
Interesting, I didn't know that. So now it is a conspiracy that the league sold out the Jazz to make LA better. hahahahaha.