What's new

Trade SZN

Hilarious that Milwaukee and Sacramento agreed to a sign and trade 4 days before FA opens. DLJZ better be tampering like hell out there. Playing by the rules leaves you 10 steps behind...

If the league doesn’t actually address what Sacramento and Milwaukee just did then I can promise we’ve been getting deep dicked by teams tampering prior to free agency for years. Either get rid of the rules so everyone is playing on a level playing field or address this. The deals getting done at 12:01 is one thing... teams agreeing on a sign and trade 4 whole days before free agents are supposed to be negotiating is some ********.

I joked about it but if Brooklyn misses out on Harden and they decide to go after Rudy we could really screw them in this arms race... they gonna give Caris, 3 firsts, Allen, and something else for Rudy? Wild what Jrue and Covington just went for.

Portland getting better, Phoenix getting better, Golden state will be better, Minnesota should be better, LAL & LAC won't be worse Denver & Dallas too.
....... We're one Player away to be contenders if we do nothing this year for two years We'll be lottery team.
I'm not sure we'd be a lottery team but a first round exit is more than likely. Like you said though we're not that far away but we do need to add another decent piece.

I joked about it but if Brooklyn misses out on Harden and they decide to go after Rudy we could really screw them in this arms race... they gonna give Caris, 3 firsts, Allen, and something else for Rudy? Wild what Jrue and Covington just went for.
Wild how expensive Covington was to acquire. I’m not sure the jazz will make a trade if it’s going to take two firsts and a player for a role player, and I’m not sure I want them too if that’s what it’s going to take.

That's what I'm thinking in the back of my mind. Brooklyn, Miami, Philly and maybe even some darkhorse is waiting out there ready to throw a boatload at a trade. Milwaukee just set the tone for the offseason. How will the rest of the league respond?

The following "big" guys are floating out there as possible trade candidates:
Westbrook (scrub team wanting to be relevant), Harden ( Nets, Heat, Sixers), Rudy (Nets or Hawks), Beal (doubtful)

Wild how expensive Covington was to acquire. I’m not sure the jazz will make a trade if it’s going to take two firsts and a player for a role player, and I’m not sure I want them too if that’s what it’s going to take.
Too many buyers. The west is crowded but OKC and Houston likely fall out of the playoffs.

Also Sacramento under new management but still a WTF team. Why keep the guy who wants out. Donte is fine but I’d want more. I think they may be more seller than buyer... they have some okay pieces I’d look at for sure.

That's what I'm thinking in the back of my mind. Brooklyn, Miami, Philly and maybe even some darkhorse is waiting out there ready to throw a boatload at a trade. Milwaukee just set the tone for the offseason. How will the rest of the league respond?

The following "big" guys are floating out there as possible trade candidates:
Westbrook (scrub team wanting to be relevant), Harden ( Nets, Heat, Sixers), Rudy (Nets or Hawks), Beal (doubtful)
I’m still only kidding a bit and I’d be sad because we wouldn’t be as good but if real estate in my market gets over priced I’ll sell my house ya know.

If the league doesn’t actually address what Sacramento and Milwaukee just did then I can promise we’ve been getting deep dicked by teams tampering prior to free agency for years. Either get rid of the rules so everyone is playing on a level playing field or address this. The deals getting done at 12:01 is one thing... teams agreeing on a sign and trade 4 whole days before free agents are supposed to be negotiating is some ********.
Bruh if the teams agreed to a deal I'm sure they allowed the tampering

Bruh if the teams agreed to a deal I'm sure they allowed the tampering
It’s been pseudo allowed but never this brazen. Maybe they told teams they could do it this year but I wouldn’t let teams announce it because it’s a ****** look.

Brooklyn doesn't have enough to aquire Gobert. You give them Gobert and their draft picks become worthless.

Also the tampering rule is stupid and is only in place for teams to avoid public embarrassment like what Magic did on TV.

No I mean the two teams opened up communication willingly and told the player/agent to join.
Okay but those conversations aren’t supposed to be had per nba rule... there is also a difference between speaking in terms at a high level and the. Fine tuning them when things open up. This year I’m cool with an exception but it’s gotten too loose. Just get rid of the tampering rules for FA so everyone can play on the same rules.

Brooklyn doesn't have enough to aquire Gobert. You give them Gobert and their draft picks become worthless.
If the first go far enough out then they are valuable. Kyrie and KD aren’t iron men. The other stuff in that scenario is good too. Even if the picks don’t become amazing they have trade value as a mystery box. GMs love mystery boxes.