What's new

Trade SZN

I hope we find a way to get Oubre... not like he is the missing piece to a title but he makes things more interesting/entertaining and if we aren't gonna win a title lets at least be more fun. Ed/Tony/Niang/NWG and 23 for Oubre. He's expiring but at least you'd have his bird rights to bring him back if you want.

Okay but those conversations aren’t supposed to be had per nba rule... there is also a difference between speaking in terms at a high level and the. Fine tuning them when things open up. This year I’m cool with an exception but it’s gotten too loose. Just get rid of the tampering rules for FA so everyone can play on the same rules.
Everyone plays by the same rules. No one is out here following all the rules to a T. Get creative.

Hood opted out (he has to have an offer elsewhere... my guess is with da Hawks).

When unpredictable things happen like:

-Hood opting out (hope he gets paid)
- RoLo opting out
- Chicago making the wrong QOs

It give me hope that some team will take Ed's deal with relatively little incentives attached. Fingers crossed as that would give us the breathing room needed to use some exceptions.

Why the love for Shaq Harrison? Undrafted and waived by at least three non-playoff teams. What does he bring to the party?

Not sure about how the Suns played in the bubble. I mean sure they played good but the wins seem like fool's gold to me.
Teams were more concerned on having practice or getting to know your teammates again approach and getting ready for playoffs.
I agree they make a move but I also agree that the price to get CP3 is steep.
They torched us early and the games mattered to us at that stage.

They won convincingly against tough teams.

Why the love for Shaq Harrison? Undrafted and waived by at least three non-playoff teams. What does he bring to the party?
Well he brings yo mama to the party for one... I had a whole thread about it but TLDR...

- He gets his hand on the ball a lot on defense. One of the top deflection guys... got 2.5 steals per 36 and 1.4 blocks also add in 6 rebs per 36 on top of it. We are last (basically) in deflections steals and blocks... so its a big need.
- He has some positional versatility... can play 1-3.
- Showed some improvement with the jumper. IF he shoots 35-40% from three hes a guy that could be worth around full MLE money... if not he's still worth 4-5M a year.

He's in the right price range and can be the point of attack defender we need.

or we set our sights on something the others will probably take last, like the leg of mutton (Conley) when there is still a platter of deep-fried turkey legs on the table that we just don't want to fight over.
Yep, like overpay for guys when there is little competition.

Well I thought we were the mid 2010s atlanta hawks of the west but I was wrong about that. We're not getting out of the 1st round for the foreseeable future. We're the 2018-2020 indiana pacers of the west. 1st round exit until we shake it up. Honestly I'm in favor of blowing it up and going for a quick rebuild while we have Donny locked up for 5 more years. Trade Rudy, expirings, etc. for assets and attempt to make a run at it in Mitchell's last few years
Made that analogy before, Mike Conley is basically Hawks Mike Bibby. Never made all-star or all-nba. Third/fourth option on a team that made some deep playoff runs. And once so underrated to the point now that he's way overrated. Except we paid more for Conley than Hawks did to get Bibby

One draft thing to watch... If Charlotte takes a big then they are likely out of the Wood sweepstakes... Phoenix is now out of cap space. Leaves Atlanta, Detroit, New York... If Detroit would rather have a first than sign Wood long term then I think we could get involved. Not sure how much interest New York and Atlanta would have. There might be other suitors via sign and trade but a first rounder is about all they'd get.

Does anybody have any information on Rudy's extension?
I heard they gave him the mega super duper max...

Kidding... we likely won't hear anything until Friday. Unless he gets traded then we will know the negotiation did not go well.

I think Tony or Eric Walden said something about how he is not insisting on the super max.