What's new

Trade the pick (Overrated Draft)

Twin Towers

We all know Embiid, Parker, and Wiggins are going top 3.

No way we can trade up in this draft. They aren't trading down.

This is a very very overrated draft. The majority of these players will be lucky to be in the league in 3-5 years. Most of them are tweeners who can't play any particular position. And they have very big holes in their game.

Marcus Smart - not big enough to play the 2. And not fast enough to play the 1. Not a real PG.
At best he is a combo guard off the bench playing 15-20 minutes a game.

Julius Randle - He is a PF for sure. But he isn't very fast. He has t-rex arms and will most likely have a Sheldon Williams type career.

Noah Vonleh - Average big man. Not great at anything.

Doug McDermott - Adam Morrison. Not fast enough to create his own shot. Not tough enough to play the 4.

Aaron Gordon - Another tweener that can't play the 3. And isn't strong enough to play the 4 full time. His outside shot sucks. 42% from the free throw line. Not sure what the hype is about this guy. Above average athleticism and above average handle for someone his size, but that doesn't mean jack in the NBA. There are 10 guys a year who come in with his talent level that never make a team. Jeremy Evans is already a better player then this guy.

The lottery talent in this draft is normally in the 20's-30's at the end of the 1st round. Its pathetic how many holes these players have in their game.
I am normally someone who is optimistic about players coming into the draft over the last 20 years. The past few years the draft is getting drastically worse. Let another team roll the dice on these players. Get some value in return, because most of these will be wasted picks.

Look at the top 4 teams this year.
2014 - Spurs, Thunder, Pacers, Heat
2013 - Spurs, Grizzlies, Pacers, Heat

3 out of the 4 teams have 2 BIGS playing the majority of the front court minutes. They are not playing small ball with a SF playing PF or a tweener playing PF. They have 2 legit bigs. They might change it up every one in awhile to throw them off but the majority of the time they play big. Playoff basketball slows down.
The heat are an exception to the rule because they have Lebron. They can get away with it. But we also saw how Lebron got embarrassed by David West last game. The trend of these tweener 3/4 players doesn't work very well come playoff time.
We won't be getting a superstar like Lebron any time soon. I post this because Aaron Gordon is overrated and everyone trying to ship off Kanter for literally nothing. It seems a lot of people have bought into the Tyrone Corbin garbage where they can't play together. Just because we had a coach that cannot play with 2 bigs doesn't mean they can't. Again Look at the Pacers, Thunder, Spurs, Grizzlies etc. No reason to cut corners. Build a real team for the playoffs. Not a mediocre .500 club.

Last edited:
I'm confident DL will consider EVERY possibility. He'll explore trading up, down, sideways...even using the pick to acquire a young veteran who another team can't afford. In his interview, he spoke of the $30M in salary space the Jazz have. I can almost guarantee something will happen. May not be with the #5, but I just know DL is going to swing a deal.

I'm confident DL will consider EVERY possibility. He'll explore trading up, down, sideways...even using the pick to acquire a young veteran who another team can't afford. In his interview, he spoke of the $30M in salary space the Jazz have. I can almost guarantee something will happen. May not be with the #5, but I just know DL is going to swing a deal.

Agreed. I think he will trade out for a young veteran. I am thinking a SF to replace Hayward. And Burks will start next year.

Got any names for us Twin Towers? Otherwise you're just blowing hot air.

All I can say is Jrue Holiday was had for the 5th pick last year and this years pick from the Pelicans.

Nobody thought that was possible. I would take Otto Porter Jr or Giannis Antetokounmpo over the guys that will be left in this draft.

Maurice Harkless - Has a good balanced game. And he shot 38% from 3 last year.

I'm down with this. Trade the pick to minny for Love. Jazz get one year to convince love to stay, if it works out great. If it doesn't, sell the team to Seattle for $500 million and start a euro league division in the USA.

Don't judge bball for living. You are garbage at it. Smart not fast enough to play pg, Doug adam morison. Ha you clueless

I would be happy seeing you die in a fiery crash hitting a pack of rabid dogs... and the Jazz lose every game. So congrats.

I would be happy seeing you die in a fiery crash hitting a pack of rabid dogs... and the Jazz lose every game. So congrats.

atleast I keep it real and don't try to claim I got inside sources. Truth is if you did have inside sources you wouldn't be bragging about it. You just hate me cuz I see you as the fraud you are.

I kind of agree. #5 is where you seriously should start looking at trading down. There will be all-stars from this draft had at lower than #5 pick but it will be just pure luck at this point.

Agreed. I think he will trade out for a young veteran. I am thinking a SF to replace Hayward. And Burks will start next year.

Kahwhi leonard?

atleast I keep it real and don't try to claim I got inside sources. Truth is if you did have inside sources you wouldn't be bragging about it. You just hate me cuz I see you as the fraud you are.

meh.. I hate you because you're worthless.

I'm down with this. Trade the pick to minny for Love. Jazz get one year to convince love to stay, if it works out great. If it doesn't, sell the team to Seattle for $500 million and start a euro league division in the USA.

I don't see that happening. Love isn't going to want to stay in Utah.
But the Jazz did interview McDermott at the combine. I wonder if there have been some discussions about moving down with some team in return for an additional asset. McDermott will be an elite 6th man. Jazz would then need to find a starting SF on the trade market. Realistically, any PF drafted competes with Kanter and someone gets traded by next season. Same with PG; Burke would need to go. And we already have 2 quality SG's.

I agree with OP, I'm not sold on this draft class either. I think Aaron Gordan could be a nice defensive piece, but not the savior we've all been looking for. Marcus Smart has the alpha dog mentality, but can't shoot the three, and Noah Vonleh has a basketball IQ of next to nothing. Randle is just another Millsap and saying he can play the 3, I'm just not seeing it.

Exum is a great big question mark? However, I would be willing to take a gamble on him if he was available at 5. Other wise I say we trade down and take a player like McDermott. High IQ, best shooter in the draft, could spread the floor and he has a nose for the ball. He certainly is no Adam Morrison.

As much as we need defense, I think that the problem was the coach and not the pieces we have in place. I'm more excited about the prospect of getting new coach and seeing the difference that will make than any player in this draft. If we can find the next Kawhi Leonard, great. I still have high hopes for the players we currently have on the roster. Few if any players in this draft are going to have a huge immediate impact on this team.

That Jody Jennesy guy is reporting that Lindsey will look at trading the 5th, 23rd and/or the 35th picks to love up.

That Jody Jennesy guy is reporting that Lindsey will look at trading the 5th, 23rd and/or the 35th picks to love up.

Love up.lol

But the Jazz did interview McDermott at the combine. I wonder if there have been some discussions about moving down with some team in return for an additional asset. McDermott will be an elite 6th man. .

Kanter is elite athlete compared to McDermott. Do we really need another tall dude who can't jump or defend?