What's new

Trade w/ CHI

Med_Phys

Not sure I am all for this, but I'm not convinced that we should stay at 5 if the top 4 are off the board. So what are the thoughts on something like this:

Jazz trade:
Filler if needed (2nds, cash, player rights, etc.)

Bulls trade:
Rights to Mirotic

I'm not sure if the Jazz need more youth, but I like the idea of having some extra flexibility in this draft and maybe target players in the end of the lottery/middle first round. Potential targets: Gordon, Stauskas, LaVine, Payton, Payne. Basically looking at getting more athleticism, defensive ability and 3pt shooting.

Gordon will be top-10 and Stauskas is likely late lottery, so they aren't going to be available at #16.

I could see...possibly...dropping down to the 8-10 range, but moving out of the lottery completely would be foolish. The Jazz have - or will have - sufficient depth (i.e. 8-9 rotational players). What they NEED are upgrades. Even IF the top-tier is only 4 deep (and I'd argue that point), I think the Jazz need to come out of the draft with one of the next four or five (Vonleh, Gordon, Smart, Randle). Those guys are projected starters, with all-star potential. Drop to 16 and you're hoping DL can hit on one of those 1-2 players in each draft who exceed everyone's expectations.

If anything, I expect DL to find the price too steep to move up, take either Vonleh or Gordon at #5 and then trade the #23 and #35 picks to move up to the late teens, or possibly to acquire a good veteran.

I don't think 16 and 19 are enough to get to 5. Mirotic is interesting, but not sure he is coming over anytime soon, if ever. Plus, don't think the Jazz want 3 rooks from this draft.

I personally think our #5 pick is being undervalued in this thread and overvalued in some of the move up threads.

To be fair, the trade included Mirotic who would be top 10 in this draft.

At least someone sees the point to my proposal.

Again, not saying I'm all for this, but I didn't think it was an outlandish trade and it is something different that I thought was worth discussing.

Also, don't have to use all the picks, but with #'s 12, 16, 23 and 35, you could get Gordon or Stauskas and Payne (I really like the idea of adding him to the team) or Payton.

Bulls think amnesty of Boozer for Mirotic. I do not think they'll be persuaded the trade of him. They've been waiting him for 3 years and to me if he were in the draft class of 2014, he was one of the top 5 picks. Perfect rebounder, so consistent playing min, great touch from the arc and great experience for his age.

I don't like the trade idea overall because I really want to see what we are gonna do with the 5th pick and how it will turn out a couple years later. But I agree that Mirotic is definitely makes it intriguing. He is a much safer prospect than Saric and could go before him in this draft, though I believe Saric has the more upside and potential.

Mirotic would definitely be in top 10 in this draft. I doubt Chicago would do it. I heard they are looking him as potential star and he would complement Noah very well. Opens up the floor for Derrick Rose(if he can stay healthy) as well. Just the perfect piece for Bulls.

By the time it's all said and done there will be a "Big 5" in this draft. Believe that.

Big 5 will alow us to trade up to #3 #clairvoyantBodhi