What's new

Tree Removal

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Anyone have a good reputable tree removal person/business referral they could give me?

My back yard has become an approximately 4 year experiment in how to create a micro nature preserve in a suburban setting, but I think I'm about ready to wrap the experiment up.

My biggest issue is a "wild" (as in not planted or intentionally grown) tree about 4 years old but surprisingly large close to my fence line that needs to be removed before it falls into my house or my neighbor's house.

Once that is done I will likely need additional help getting rid of a few other trees in my back yard and trimming two trees in my front yard, one which hangs over the road and another that is close to my house.

I need to start with the tree near the fence line but if that all goes well and I feel good about the cost and service I'll have more work to be done.

Angies list, or whatever it is called now? Not sure. Hit up the local boy scout group as a service project and offer them $200 as a donation.

How big are the trees you're looking to take down (height, trunk diameter)? Any pics you can provide?

Only reason I ask is I embarked on a similar process a couple years ago at my parent's house where they were going to have a service come do it, but felt it was overpriced. We ended up doing the work ourselves at a significant cost decrease along with some tools we were able to get from KSL that we were able to put back on for essentially the same price.

I'd call the local Vermeer dealer (they sell tree removal products among many others) and ask if they know of any of their customers that do local tree removal on the side.

It is a good way to find someone that will do it for a reasonable cost.

I saw a neighbor remove a tree stump from their yard by digging out all the roots. It took a few hours.

It's not that they're not reliable it's that there scheduled already. Everyone I know is booked out through March. I can have a three-man crew there next Monday willing to work 8 hours for $6,000. Short of those prices just get someone scheduled for next April.