What's new

Trent Forrest fan club

Still shocked everyone complains about defense on the perimeter and then complained about him getting playing time. He has consistently played good defense. It looks like the rest is coming together well and his defense is improving still.

We actually have 3 guards now that have good potential and potentially good defense in our 3 young guys Forrest, NAW, and Butler.

I like him, I’m just not sure he’s an nba player. I’ve yet to see him take a jump shot, and that scares me. He at least needs to be a threat to hit a jumper if wide open, and at this point his shot is still a mystery to me, so I’m not sure what to think.
I’m pretty spot on here, he is an nba level player, but he’s going to be a better regular season player then playoff player. Right now he’s not being heavily scouted, but everyone will know come playoff time that he can’t shoot. Defenses will lay off him making it easier to defend the the jazz offense. Let’s just say I’m worried about his effectiveness come playoff time. Now if he could shoot even slightly below average on a decent amount of volume he’d be really good.

Still shocked everyone complains about defense on the perimeter and then complained about him getting playing time. He has consistently played good defense. It looks like the rest is coming together well and his defense is improving still.

We actually have 3 guards now that have good potential and potentially good defense in our 3 young guys Forrest, NAW, and Butler.
Yep, perimeter defense is not much of a problem any more. Forrest's been so effective lately that I think he's got us covered.
Help defense and secondary rim protection off a switch coming from the 3/4 spot now is our biggest issue defensive

Yep, perimeter defense is not much of a problem any more. Forrest's been so effective lately that I think he's got us covered.
Help defense and secondary rim protection off a switch coming from the 3/4 spot now is our biggest issue defensive
Hopefully in the playoffs Gay helps there. But it is still an issue. We have needed that for awhile, but hard to come by especially if you need them to be okay on offense next to Gobert.

ayyy I have always been a huge fan of trent forreest... !!! He was on the Georgia Stars AAU team with Udoka Azubuike actually just remembered!

i

how bout this pic! this team was DOMINANT.. they torched opponents, it was just brutal beatdown after brutal beatdown in the paint. This was one of my favorite teams ever to watch in the Peach Jam, they were ruthless and terrifyingly consistent.

Last edited:
I remember watching them actually demolish that peach jam, and Wendell Carter was just an unstoppable force like a man vs children at that level, n would put up obscene stats, but Trent Forrest was a player who caught my eye back then, on some "who the fk is this making so many plays" type of deal

all thru his FSU days I posted bout him in the draftees thread... when the jazz signed him the night of the draft i had nothing but good things to say...

he's actually like my favorite player on the Jazz roster n i wish nothing for the best for him.. plays the game the right way and is a pain in the *** defensively..

Last edited:
Since the first days I've showed up to this forum, I've always said "sleepers will come from Georgia" It's a known but still underrated recruiting hotspot, because there is so much talent there that its almost easy for really high quality 4-star recruit types to get lost in the shuffle....

Player like Trent Forrest is exactly that... I know he's not actually from Georgia, but in my mind, where I first saw him play was on the Georgia stars, so thats just how i think of em.

and really he's always had that sort of build like an NBAplayer hes got very long wingspan for a player that height n a massive pair of hands n he;s tough as nails.

I remember watching them actually demolish that peach jam, and Wendell Carter was just an unstoppable force like a man vs children at that level, n would put up obscene stats, but Trent Forrest was a player who caught my eye back then...

all thru his FSU days I posted bout him in the draftees thread... when the jazz signed him the night of the draft i had nothing but good things to say...

he's actually like my favorite player on the Jazz roster n i wish nothing for the best for him.. plays the game the right way and is a pain in the *** defensively..

My guy you posted about him literally one time the entire draft thread lmao.

wait Trent Forrest got a combine invite?!? thats awesome... I been posting bout him since Wendell Carter AAU days.. peach jam..

My guy you posted about him literally one time the entire draft thread lmao.
sureeeeeee.. yeah and that georgia stars team he was on wasn't one of my favorite all time AAU squads... the idiots around here cant face reality, they live in post-reality..

You literally post a quote of me referencing something from years earlier... Trent Forrest was a 4-year college player... surely I was posting about him for years and threads prior to that post...................................................................................................................................

Go dig up the thread of the night of the draft, when he went undrafted and sdee what i had to say in that thread... n see if didnt all come true... I predicted he'd turn into a fan favorite and outperform many of those drafted that night...

Last edited:
This is how morons are around here.. they need to rewrite history to even limp to the argument, because they lack basketball knowledge and wanna blame the person there trying to prove something to for their ignorance, like a child... I was a trent forrest fan when he was a 3-star recruit n outside of the top100 on all services...

if you look back now you'll see he was rated 4stars by all the services but they were later to the party than I was...

All you needed to do was see that Peach Jam... Which was a fantastic peachjam and the Georgia Stars pummeled all opponents n put on a great show.

Last edited:
They SMASHED Jayson Tatums team in the final... it was a brutal beatdown... I was watching it live, it was streamed, im fairly certain i posted the streamlink on this very forum

This is how morons are around here.. they need to rewrite history to even limp to the argument... I was a trent forrest fan when he was a 3-star recruit n outside of the top100 on all services...

if you look back now you'll see he was rated 4stars by all the services but they were later to the party than I was...

All you needed to do was see that Peach Jam... Which was a fantastic peachjam and the Georgia Stars pummeled all opponents n put on a great show.

This is really rich. Coming from the guy who went back and literally edited almost every single comment from the 2014 draft thread years later because of how bad your takes were. You aren’t fooling anyone buddy.

Trent has been a breath of fresh air and all the pain out January might have been worth it because it produced Trent Forest.

That being said, how is he going to learn to shoot? The pain of Kobe sagging off Ronnie Brewer in the playoffs still seems fresh to me.

I like Trent and think the Jazz should have signed him to an NBA deal already. He has shown vast improvement especially recently. He is the reason why getting NAW was a strange move. The Jazz have already 3 guards they need to develop now Butler, Forest, and NAW. I don't know but can NAW play SF. Sign me up for the Club. I am a fan.

yeah he's been great but he'll still be unplayable in the playoffs
He's essentially Ben Simmons light without the court vision, size, and only part of the defense. But he still can't shoot and worse, is afraid to shoot, which means other teams will be able to exploit him. At least he will be playing limited minutes unless someone gets injured.

Rajon Rondo has had quite a career with a similar skill set
Rondo is light years ahead in terms of playmaking and a much better defender and at least he would take the occasional 3 and even make the occasional 3.

Later in his career. Prime Rondo would barely take 1 a game
And the other night we watched Forrest pass up about 6 wide wide open 3s and completely clunk the 1 he took. It's just the comparison to Rondo is apt, but only in a very limited way.

And the other night we watched Forrest pass up about 6 wide wide open 3s and completely clunk the 1 he took. It's just the comparison to Rondo is apt, but only in a very limited way.
Rondo would do the exact same thing in his Boston days....

There was just less emphasis on taking a lot of 3's, so people cared less.