What's new

Trevor Booker = DeMarre Carroll?

The Blue Elephant

Both were late first round picks drafted a couple years ago (2009 for DeMarre and 2010 for Booker).

Both are undersized PF's (DeMarre was able to transition to SF) both have very similar stats.

Both hard working energy athletic guys.

Per 36

DeMarre Carroll (decided to use his UTA year but his ATL stats are very similar)

12.7PTS 6.1RBS 2.0AST 1.9STL 0.8BLK 1.1TOV

0.460 FG 0.286 3PT 0.765 FT

Trevor Booker

13.6PTS 8.7RBS 1.8AST 1.0STL 0.7BLK 2.3TOV

0.506 FG 0.354 3PT 0.613 FT

Trevor Booker is better at rebounds but worse at turn overs and FT% (DeMarre Carroll 3pt was bad that year but every other year was about same as Bookers). I think they are very similar players but would love him more if he can play the SF position like DeMarre can.

Can Trevor Booker play SF?

I like Booker better than Carroll because he is who we have right now, so he is obviously better. Duh.

I would compare him more to a young more athletic Millsap. Millsap would constsntly come in, block a few shots and make a few plays to get the crowd into it. Now Millsap continued to refine his offensive game. Booksr needs to do the same.

Booker's biggest problem is his IQ. He'll shot fake when a defender is 15' away, and then decide to shoot the ball when the defender is up in his grill.
He relies heavily on his athleticism to succeed, where Millsap relies on skill. Booker's been the same player for four years now, he is what he is.

Booker's biggest problem is his IQ. He'll shot fake when a defender is 15' away, and then decide to shoot the ball when the defender is up in his grill.
He relies heavily on his athleticism to succeed, where Millsap relies on skill. Booker's been the same player for four years now, he is what he is.

Nah, his IQ is solid. He just has problems making decisive decisions. How has Booker been the same player? He just added a 3pt shot this year. You tarded bro?

Nah, his IQ is solid. He just has problems making decisive decisions. How has Booker been the same player? He just added a 3pt shot this year. You tarded bro?

Pfff, it's a novelty and you know it. His hesitancy to shoot them even when wide means he either has low IQ or isn't good at them, take your pick.

As someone who watched Booker a lot in college, I can assure you he is a much different player than he was 4 years ago.

He shoots them when the moment calls for it.

He often hesitates, and he passes on more wide open threes than he takes. He only attempts 1 three a game, even though he is typically left open that far out.

He often hesitates, and he passes on more wide open threes than he takes. He only attempts 1 three a game, even though he is typically left open that far out.

Like I said, it's his first year taking them. He takes them when he feels comfortable. It's all about rhythm for Booker.

They're similar in the sense that neither had 3PT range before working with Quin. But yeah, different positions.

I really like the bigs we have: Gobert, Favors, Kanter and Booker all have different skill sets. Utah can go big with Gobert or use a smaller, faster combo with Favors and Booker. The Sacramento game was a perfect example of Snyder going with matchups. Cousins/Thompson is a big 4/5 lineup and Snyder sat Booker until garbage time. The others neutralized Thompson and Cousins still got his numbers, but really didn't take over the game.

I like Booker. And I think he re-signs with Utah, even though he isn't getting the minutes he might want. It's tough to go from starter to backup, but I think he'll do it. Call it my belief in the Snyder effect: I see players developing a loyalty to him.

Demarre is a lockdown defender, Booker has some energic defensive plays with no consistency on the defensive end.