What's new

Trey Burke "appreciation" thread - A.K.A Quotes from Wiz fans

Coach Ellis

• Im ready for the Burke experiment to be over.

• I hope Burke is benched tonight.

• Oof. Burke.

• Burke is incapable of creating separation.

• Ball movement stops when Burke comes in.

• Burke is killing the 2nd unit. Literally can't do anything.

• How is Burke still our backup PG, he is so **** awful, everything grinds to a halt on offense.

• This is all Burke lol. Just horrible. He's not a NBA player at all.

• Sato is better than Burke. At least Sato can play defense. Burke can only shoot spot of jumpers. He's horrible in every other facet of the game.

• We need Wall to play the entire game to win this one.

• Burke was 0-2 with no other stats, -6 in 4 minutes. LOL

• They literally didn't score a point with Burke on the court. He was terrible. He's the worst point guard in the entire NBA.

• Noticed Oubre hang his head when he looked over to the table and saw Burke checking in LOL.

• GIVE US SATO OR GIVE US DEATH

• Also Sato looks like the dude in the second Bourne movie that snipes Jason's Mrs. in the back of the noggin. That has to be worth some playing time.

• Burke is an abomination. Someone lock him a cage and send him to Russia as a DC peace offering to Putin.

• You see why they got George Hill. Exum is a few years away.

• BTW, John should not throw an ally-oop when Gobert is in the game. Kind of dumb and he's attempted two.

• Our offense looks horrible.

• Gobert has a lot do with that.

• It's not just Gobert. He's the linchpin, but the entire team plays excellent D. They rotate well. They anticipate passing lanes; they're handsy when defending the pick and roll. Multiple players have a good nose for the ball.

• I can see why they determined that Trey "Olé" Burke wasn't a good fit for their identity.

• They are all good, especially Hill but they can afford to take chances, go for steals. It must be nice to have the best rim protector in the game back there, while we have none.

• Keep feeding Gortat against the best defensive center in the game. Keep doing that.

• When Utah is on their game they are not fun to play. This game has been brutal.

• Kieff likes to think of himself as a physical 4 -- but he's no match for Favors in terms of size/strength.

• goberts length and freakish athletic ability is sensational, his presence alone dominates this game.

• Scared to go inside? I'd be scared too of Favors and Gobert. Ain't going to work by going up against them in the paint.

• It's disgusting that the Jazz get all the calls they won't give to Washington.

• Gobert is the best center in the league. A huge impact player.

• Man, Hayward is getting Jordan/Bird-like calls out there.

• He deserves them tonight. He's destroyed Otto and whomever else is covering him.

• Mahinmi has two rebounds in 15 minutes. Nice.

• Today I learned: bad coaching is bad

• Sato against Hill is a lot different than against Exum.

• Morris fouling out might actually help us.

• The good news is that most teams don't have the 4/5 combo to punish our undersized 4/5 the way the Jazz have done tonight.

• Damn, Hayward has become such a good all-around player but JW has to box him out there. He totally fell asleep.

• Now that's a max player GH. Sh-t. Too little, too late.

• Utah is a damn good team

• We played like a finesse team tonight. Frankly, we play like a finesse team most nights, but in today's NBA, it hasn't hurt us. But finesse teams rarely get calls against physical teams. And Utah is *extremely* physical. Punishing screens. Grabby defenders. Brutish bigs. Multiple players who can initiate contact on offense and draw fouls. Multiple players who can punish mismatches in the post.

• Elite teams will simply outrun/outscore them. But no one's sweeping these guys in the playoffs. I pity any contender in the west that has to play, say, NOP in the first round and UTA in the second. If they survive, they'll be limping into the conference finals.

• Outrebounded by 25. It is almost impossible to overcome that. Our frontcourt got punk'd in every way.

• Hayward basically showed Otto what a Max SF looks like... in every way possible.

lmao, I remember that feeling.

The first three pages at Real GM were all about how bad Burke was. I was surprised at how much they really despise having him out there. Glad he's not Utah's problem anymore.

*** Jazz Avenues posted his at the same time I did. Mods, please go ahead and merge my thread into his. Thanks!

When they got Trey Burke from Utah they thought they’d have it, but his score-first mentality doesn’t mesh well with setting up and running an NBA offense.

Brandon Jennings to Wizards and Trey Burke getting his walking papers?

• Also Sato looks like the dude in the second Bourne movie that snipes Jason's Mrs. in the back of the noggin. That has to be worth some playing time.
I'm not seeing it.

Stop or I'll shoot.
PHjJg3lL8VYXnl_1_l.jpg

I can't shoot and should stop.
i

Enterprise.
cba3b8eaba7ea5dada1e572cd5a6521f.jpg

Booby prize.
pic_2014-09-17_PRESENTACIO_BASQUET_005.v1410956203.JPG