What's new

Trey Burke Appreciation Thread

Sexual Favors

So Burke has been frustrating at times, but his recent play is deserving of some Jazz Fanz appreciation.

Last 5 games:

51%FG on 14.5 attempts (wish he shot less). 50% 3ptFG on 4.5 attempts (very nice!!!). 80% FT on 3.8 attempts (also encouraging). 4.8 REB (awesome). 4.5 ast (he's capable of a lot more here). 0.8 STL (getting more active). 2.5 TOV (increased tov doesn't concern me. Would rather have him growing and turning the ball over than being stagnant). 20.3 PTS (very impressve. Those improved shooting %'s, more FTA's really help.

If he is shooting 51% then I am completely fine with him shooting 14-15 times a game. I do not see Burke as ever being an assist heavy PG. I think if he can average 7 a game that would be huge for him.

If he is shooting 51% then I am completely fine with him shooting 14-15 times a game. I do not see Burke as ever being an assist heavy PG. I think if he can average 7 a game that would be huge for him.

This sucks though, because he can make a great passfirst PG. Great court vision and hands to land the ball to whomever he wants softly.

Quin's system - and having Hayward - is also going to cut down on assist numbers for any one specific player. I'm more concerned with total assists as a team, rather than a PG averaging 10+/per as Stockton did.

Great thread.
I have been saying it for a few weeks now.... trey has been steadily improving

With Burks out, our offense kinda depends on Trey firing up a lot of shots. He's playing with a rookie and two D league guys at the other guard spot. I love when Trey does the pic 'n roll with Favors or any of our bigs. It seems unstoppable, I don't know why they don't go to that well more often. He is making an effort to get into the lane, some times he looks lost, but it is vital for our team to have him get into the lane because Favors is a beast on the baseline.

Great thread.
I have been saying it for a few weeks now.... trey has been steadily improving

He has been the last one to do so but I am glad that he is. The more of them that improve and the more they improve the better off the Jazz are.

He's been playing really well as of late. We need him, because Exum just doesn't run the offense very well.

still takes too many midrange shots for my liking, but he's making them so hey, what can i say.

he still won't be a starting pg on a good team that might win a playoff series because of his defense, but he's going to have a decent career as a jump shooting bench PG who can run an offense (maybe like a rich man's Beno Udrih). He's fine for the jazz this year, and has been playing well. Shot looking sooooo much better than the start of this year. Real good improvement.