What's new

Trey Burke is the West Rookie of the Month for December

Jeditiger

Hoppy Goodness
Contributor
Nicely done, rook!

Saw on ESPN. No link.

ETA: @utahjazz: Utah's @Trey_Burke3 named KIA NBA Western Conference Rookie of the Month for December 2013. Congrats Trey!!

Nicely done, rook!

Saw on ESPN. No link.

ETA: @utahjazz: Utah's @Trey_Burke3 named KIA NBA Western Conference Rookie of the Month for December 2013. Congrats Trey!!
Nice honor.

Unless Ben McLemore pulls his head out of his ***, or one of the other Western Conference rookies starts getting playing time and performing (Trey and Ben are the only 2 qualified Western Conference rookies averaging 20+ minutes per game), Trey should win this award every month.

I remember watching him in the NCAA tourney and dreaming we could draft him. I thought we'd never get the chance since we drafted at 14. I actually remember wishing Burke would struggle in the tourney to hurt his stock so we could grab him. He is a stud

Best pick in a weak draft. I think that there's a good chance that he'll be the guy that people look back at that draft (i.e. Paul George, Roy Hibbert, etc.) and say "How the heck did he fall to #9?"

I'm glad that he's playing well. He certainly has a winner's attitude. Hopefully that is something that will permeate through the whole team.

I actually remember wishing Burke would struggle in the tourney to hurt his stock so we could grab him.

Same thoughts here. With the exception of Kanter (who was very feasibly within the Jazz's reach), this is the first time that I recall we left the draft with the guy I wanted.

how valuable was trey's injury? instead of picking #14-#16 pick we get to pick somewhere between #4-#9.

Scary that's he's only a rookie. He's had 2 years of college instead of 1 like some, but his play has still been impressive. Most impressive.