What's new

Trey Burke... Keep or trade?

trailing

Now with Dante Exum drafted should we keep Trey? I'll be honest, I don't know a lot about Dante but he does have the size to play the 2 which gives the front option the option to play both of them. Or they could send Trey somewhere for a 2/3 depending on where Gordon will play or if he even stays.

Last edited:
There is no reason to trade Burke just to trade him. Let him stay and continue to improve.

Now if something comes along that makes the team better that involves trading Burke then fine. But don't trade him just to trade him.

You don't just get rid of Treybot because we drafted a younger and longer PG.
Treybot will be the Jazz Terminator next season, and not the Ahnold version.
He will be holding a picure of Exum and will be asking if anyone has seen "this boy".

You got to give Burke a full 82 game look before you start thinking about trading him.

Last year he missed most of the pre-season and the first dozen or so games because of the broken finger. He finally got healthy when the team was in absolute turmoil and then hit the rookie wall at about 100mph

In between all that I saw enough to convince me he has the skill set of an NBA PG - how good is now the question. He just needs to grow up a little bit and get enough burn to show what he's made of.

We shouldn't trade him until we see what we have with Exum. If Exum AND Burks start dominating the guard position.........Then trade Trey.
Until we see what Snyder can do with all of them. No reason to make any crazy decisions. Exum will only be 19 when the season stars. Give him and Trey 1-2 years and we can decide who is staying.

Well, since ncoloradojazz has been right about every Jazz pick and thinks Exum is going to be a bust, better keep Trey.

I guess we're just just not used to the concept of a "combo guard" because the Jazz have rarely had one. The closest situation Jazz had may have been when Fisher and Deron were on the team. Between the 1/2 there are 96 mins/per. If Burke, Exum and Burks are the guards, that gives 32 mins for each.

Plus, we have no clue what is going to happen in negotiations with Alec, or even Hayward yet. WE have no idea IF Neto will be a competent PG. For that matter, we don't know if Burke or Exum will be decent starting PG's yet. Maybe we should just let everyone play a few games. I think after summer league we'll have the answer. :rolleyes:

I agree we haven't seen enough Trey at this point. I hope he pans out and becomes a much better PG. However, from what I have seen, my gut is telling me to trade him while we may be able to get something of value in return.

Cannot believe anyone would trade Trey right now. Runner up to ROY and clutch as can be. We are quick to agree
that Corbin was clueless.... Why would we part with a good, potentially really good young PG?

Exum and Burke is our backcourt for the next 5 years

I agree we haven't seen enough Trey at this point. I hope he pans out and becomes a much better PG. However, from what I have seen, my gut is telling me to trade him while we may be able to get something of value in return.

How high do we think Trey's value is right now? I'm not sure how much you could get for him.

Cannot believe anyone would trade Trey right now. Runner up to ROY and clutch as can be. We are quick to agree
that Corbin was clueless.... Why would we part with a good, potentially really good young PG?

Exum and Burke is our backcourt for the next 5 years

I think we can all agree a point guard is as replaceable as a player can get. So I think if we can get good value for him at the 2 or 3 I think we should jump on it.

And from the looks of it Dante can handle the Point and so can Gordon to some extent.