What's new

Trey burke will get to an elite level

Jbradshaw

Trey burke is awesome. I know he will be a fantastic player at the next level. Check out this sweet video i found of him. The video is him working out when he took over the pg spot at michigan! I know he will keep up his great work ethic and be great for the utah jazz! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/UIpbyY9gJ60

Well, that would be pretty impressive for a guy drafted #9 in a draft that was said to contain no elite talent.

Fingers crossed though.

If there is an elite talent, you don't pass them up for need. You take them and worry about it later.

That would be great if he did.
But he's going to have to jump over a lot of very good PGs in the west.
West is loaded with PGs.
Would be happy if he showed up for every game with his warrior must not lose attitude.
Jazz will win with him if he shows this kind of leadership.

If there is an elite talent, you don't pass them up for need. You take them and worry about it later.

Well the point is he "could be" elite, so can other players...

- Cavs: already have Kyrie
- Orlando: didn't have a PG, but Oladipo could also be elite
- Wizards: already have Wall
- Bobcats: already have Kemba
- NO: traded for Jrue
- Phoenix: I guess they feel Len has upside
- Sactown: didn't have a PG, but McLemore was too good to pass up
- Detroit: I guess they feel KCP could also be elite

Al Jefferson is a player with an elite talent.

i'll just let that sink in a bit....

My point is that in order to be a superstar, you have to have several elite talents and a complete game. I'm not saying that Burke doesn't have this, but there isn't enough evidence yet to determine this.

Burke will make the sum of the team worth more than its parts..... (sounds familiar? Jazz fanz?)

That is an elite talent.

Al isn't top ten centers in the league? Name nine others.

Or do you mean of all NBA players. Well, if Burke was that elite, he would have gone #1

My point is that NOBODY in this draft was supposed to reach an elite level.

If Burks breaks out and is a top 5 PG we will have a terrific upset.

It's much more likely that he's more on a level between a Kemba Walker and Raymond Felton.

Still, I like the optimism. I just think it's highly unlikely that he gets to an elite level. But, you know, maybe 16-8 is good enough.

My point is that NOBODY in this draft was supposed to reach an elite level.

If Burks breaks out and is a top 5 PG we will have a terrific upset.

It's much more likely that he's more on a level between a Kemba Walker and Raymond Felton.

Still, I like the optimism. I just think it's highly unlikely that he gets to an elite level. But, you know, maybe 16-8 is good enough.

16/8 plus all the intangibles would be amazing. That's an All-Star in my book.

I am all school girl giddy about Trey, but, professional athletes work on an entirely different plane than us "normal" people comprehend. They have a gift, plus most if not all of them work like Trey in the video.