What's new

Trey Lyles being held out of practice/Summer League for now

DL mentioned that he took a surprise call. Last year, the deal for Love was held up until August because the T'Wolves signed Wiggins. If there is a possible deal in the works, it makes sense for the Jazz to hold off until that deal could be completed. Not sure what the possible deal and/or holdup would be, but I'm curious to see if the Jazz do in fact stick with the roster as constructed.

I think Utah is far more likely to make a trade (for an existing contract) or a different rookie, than they are to make an overpriced signing on the free agent market. They have assets to use, so I could see them using them. My expectation is that they'd rather hold off on making a big deal, but maybe not. All depends on who might be available.

In other news the clippers might have to play Griffin at center... he has the same standing reach as Joe Ingles... we making the playoffs next year bitches.

Can't they trade the rights to Lyles without bringing back salary if he hasn't signed yet?

Maybe there is a trade, the other team wants Lyles thrown in, but his salary ****s it up?

Spurs (assuming Aldridge signs), Warriors and OKC will be elite.

Clips take a slip and Mavs tread water.

Suns are worse.

Jazz might even get the 6th seed next year!

Please please please be a salary dump trade where we get a asset like I wanted from one of these teams getting desperate like the clippers, phx, Kings, etc....

Please please please be a salary dump trade where we get a asset like I wanted from one of these teams getting desperate like the clippers, phx, Kings, etc....

I'm kind of tired of assets. I'd like some substance, like a shooting big. Maybe cash in our assets and make a move for Ryan Anderson.

I'm going to take a wild stab at the deal...

We take Diaw and Patty mills into our capspace... send out Neto or something small. The numbers are really close and something like this might be in jeopardy with a few hundred thousand dollars difference.

We can then shop Booker and Trey Burke for something.

Wild shot in the dark, but if it happens I will claim to be a prophet and likely be insufferable.

We take Diaw and Patty mills into our capspace... send out Neto or something small. The numbers are really close and something like this might be in jeopardy with a few hundred thousand dollars difference.

Wild shot in the dark, but if it happens I will claim to be a prophet and likely be insufferable.

Forgot to mention... Spurs do this to sign David West.

I think the only team left that needs to dump salary is GSW. They won't be willing to give up much and there are plenty of suitors remaining. They aren't trying to bring anyone in so they can have more patience.

I think the only team left that needs to dump salary is GSW. They won't be willing to give up much and there are plenty of suitors remaining. They aren't trying to bring anyone in so they can have more patience.

Phx will if LA goes there... SA may want to based on roster construction... and there may be a middle man type of deal that we get involved in... like when Hibbert leaves Indiana or if Lawson gets moved.

Another possible one is David Lee + Looney ?

I am going back to my prediction that Lyles is going to be traded to NY for Porzingis

It would take a fair bit more than Lyles to make that happen, but the way the Knicks are whiffing in free agency makes that plausible. The Jazz are certain to value Porzi more than a lot of teams.

Wonder if there could be a deal that sends Nene to the Knicks, sends Porzi and trash to the Jazz and sends Lyles to the Knicks or Wizards. Jazz would likely move Booker and Burke.

Another possible one is David Lee + Looney ?

And a first rounder in 2019 and I'd do it if there was nothing else better... not sure what we do with both Looney and Lyles, but I think Looney may end up out for the year with a hip surgery soon.