What's new

TrueHoop on LHM's autobiography

That review started out weird. Seemed like he was just going to bash LHM, but then he didnt.

Kind of makes me want to read the book now.

I just got the book from the library. My mom is reading it now, and she loves it.

Read it and loved it. It was far better than I had expected it to be. As a Jazz fan since the early days it was fascinating to read about how Miller purchased the team. There are other details of his life that blew me away, and I was also impressed by his honesty. For instance, he revealed that he had been almost totally disengaged from his children's lives until his sickness gave him a wake up call and made him realize if he wanted to get to know them he'd better do it immediately..

I decided to bump this after reading about the Pleiss salary dump.

For all of you that loved Larry, I think you will really enjoy reading the book. If you suck at reading like me get the CDs from the library.

If you drink the kool-aid inside, it will put to rest the yearly speculation about the team moving, and explain the purpose of the team in grand scheme of the Miller business portfolio.

As a business owner, I was blown away at how the Delta Center came about. Larry was faced with losing the team as his partner wanted to sell. The only way he could figure out to pay as much as he had to match, was to build the Delta Center. Not only did he leverage to absurd levels to keep the team, he also had to build a new arena to make it sustainable. Pretty brilliant, pretty big cajones.

I have always been grateful to have the team here, but I gained a new respect for what Larry did, and feel much more at ease that as long as Gail is around, she will make sure the Jazz remain where and what Larry intended them to be.