What's new

Truehoop: "The Jazz are 'terribly divided' on Fredette"

Guitaro

https://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30702/divided-situation-for-jimmer

Utah general manager Kevin O'Connor relayed to Jimmer Fredette's camp Thursday that the Jazz are "terribly divided" on Fredette and whether to select him at No. 12, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Fredette's camp doesn't believe he will go to Sacramento at No. 7.

They are confident that if Utah passes on Fredette, he will go to either Phoenix at No. 13 or Indiana at No. 15.

That sounds to me like they're showing him that they're still interested and to get excited or be prepared for the Jazz to pass on him. Either way, it shows the fans that they did consider him very seriously and could go with another player and at least say that it was a tough decision.

I find it hard to believe...BPA remember? I don't think Kevin O'Connor would say such a thing to a player's representatives because he doesn't know what will happen.

I think it depends on who they take with their higher draft pick. If they get a guard they'll pass.

The reason for my post was I heard in an interview where KOC said that you don't string a young person along and tell them yes or no because you never know who will be drafted ahead of you.

Makes sense, King. I wonder why they'd say that. Although, if it was anyone other than Jimmer, I doubt they say that.