What's new

Trump's Coup Attempt

This just happened. Like this happened *THIS* month. Not 2020. Not 2021. But July of 2022.

Former President Donald Trump this month called Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos and urged him to decertify President Joe Biden’s 2020 election win in that state, Vos said in a new interview Tuesday.

“It’s very consistent. He makes his case, which I respect,” Vos told WISN-TV 12 News in Milwaukee.
“He would like us to do something different in Wisconsin. I explained that it’s not allowed under the Constitution,” Vos said.

“He has a different opinion.”

No, the best case scenario is what the secret service has claimed, which is that the texts were lost during a planned cell phone migration and that it happened before the subpoena. That's the best case scenario.

I'm not supporting that claim by any means, but that's the best case scenario
Aren’t there… backups? I’m not a cellphone expert but according to my understanding you can’t just make text messages disappear. They’re stored on servers, cellphone providers, etc. that electronic data doesn’t just disappear. Especially when they’ve been asked by Congress to retain those texts. And don’t we find it fishy that they’re texts on or around Jan 6?

Another republican politician censured simply because he decided to tell the truth rather than bend the knee to trump.

Bowers also spoke about how his Christian faith motivated his defiance of Trump, and described threats made to his safety by Trump supporters while his daughter lay mortally ill.

“I don’t want the choice of having to look at [Trump] again,” he said. “And if it comes, I’ll be hard pressed. I don’t know what I’ll do.

“But I’m not inclined to support him. Because he doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the morals and the platform of my party …

“That guy is just – he’s his own party. It’s a party of intimidation and I don’t like it. So I’m not going to be boxed by, ‘Who am I gonna vote for?’ Because that’s between me and God. But I’m not happy with him.

“And I’m not happy with the thought that a robust primary can’t produce somebody better than Trump, for crying out loud.”

He also told Business Insider: “Much of what [Trump] has done has been tyrannical, especially of late. I think that there are elements of tyranny that anybody can practice on any given day, and I feel like I’ve seen a lot of it.”

Another republican politician censured simply because he decided to tell the truth rather than bend the knee to trump.

Bowers also spoke about how his Christian faith motivated his defiance of Trump, and described threats made to his safety by Trump supporters while his daughter lay mortally ill.

“I don’t want the choice of having to look at [Trump] again,” he said. “And if it comes, I’ll be hard pressed. I don’t know what I’ll do.

“But I’m not inclined to support him. Because he doesn’t represent my party. He doesn’t represent the morals and the platform of my party …

“That guy is just – he’s his own party. It’s a party of intimidation and I don’t like it. So I’m not going to be boxed by, ‘Who am I gonna vote for?’ Because that’s between me and God. But I’m not happy with him.

“And I’m not happy with the thought that a robust primary can’t produce somebody better than Trump, for crying out loud.”

He also told Business Insider: “Much of what [Trump] has done has been tyrannical, especially of late. I think that there are elements of tyranny that anybody can practice on any given day, and I feel like I’ve seen a lot of it.”
Wow, respect for sticking to his morals. We have this guy and Romney. Is that enough to start a new party?

No, the best case scenario is what the secret service has claimed, which is that the texts were lost during a planned cell phone migration and that it happened before the subpoena. That's the best case scenario.

I'm not supporting that claim by any means, but that's the best case scenario
Apparently these were deleted errrr lost around Jan 27. This was after congress had told them to preserve all communications prior… and yet they still went forward in purging errrr deleting errrr losing these records? Holy ****. Talk about a deep state that protects criminals…

This doesn’t look good for the secret service.

View: https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/1549520487486734337?s=21&t=Kc4EGmRj6gil6dufZ6AVuw

View: https://twitter.com/january6thcmte/status/1549855745230966784?s=21&t=Kc4EGmRj6gil6dufZ6AVuw

View: https://twitter.com/january6thcmte/status/1549855746447343616?s=21&t=Kc4EGmRj6gil6dufZ6AVuw

Just goes to show how extreme the party is becoming. They’re censuring a religious conservative and the Republican speaker of the House all because… he testified about reporting the results of the 2020 election.

Apparently these were deleted errrr lost around Jan 27. This was after congress had told them to preserve all communications prior… and yet they still went forward in purging errrr deleting errrr losing these records? Holy ****. Talk about a deep state that protects criminals…

This doesn’t look good for the secret service.

View: https://twitter.com/amandacarpenter/status/1549520487486734337?s=21&t=Kc4EGmRj6gil6dufZ6AVuw

View: https://twitter.com/january6thcmte/status/1549855745230966784?s=21&t=Kc4EGmRj6gil6dufZ6AVuw

View: https://twitter.com/january6thcmte/status/1549855746447343616?s=21&t=Kc4EGmRj6gil6dufZ6AVuw

I don't know if this is directed at me because you think I need convincing or something.

I just pointed out that you presented a "best case scenario" that was not the actual best case scenario. It was intellectually dishonest.

I don't know if this is directed at me because you think I need convincing or something.

I just pointed out that you presented a "best case scenario" that was not the actual best case scenario. It was intellectually dishonest.
I didn’t believe you needed any convincing. I was adding additional detail since we didn’t know before the specific dates that congress told them to retain this data and when the SS decided to destroy the data.

Well he says he's the least racist person, so I mean there it is. No one is less racist than him.

But I think he's got a bit of an issue... Trump is also on record as being the least racist person ever. So I'm confused. Is he less racist than Trump? If so, just how racist is Trump? Obviously at least a little more racist than this guy because this guy is the least racist person.

We should ask him.

Well he says he's the least racist person, so I mean there it is. No one is less racist than him.

But I think he's got a bit of an issue... Trump is also on record as being the least racist person ever. So I'm confused. Is he less racist than Trump? If so, just how racist is Trump? Obviously at least a little more racist than this guy because this guy is the least racist person.

We should ask him.
I think they are both negative-racist. Racist in a negative space. Or at least the negative space in their heads, is not less racist than the other is not less racist, or something.

Wow!

What an impressive hearing tonight. What were your thoughts?
I saw about 12 seconds of it before my wife changed the channel.

Every second I have heard from the hearings has been more damning than I would have thought. Sad that it means nothing because so many people have been programed to tune things like this out.

What’s sad is everything here is more than enough to not only disqualify from future office but face criminal action, but instead, this yahoo is somehow going to be on the ballot again in two years and a substantial amount of people will actually vote for him.

What’s sad is everything here is more than enough to not only disqualify from future office but face criminal action, but instead, this yahoo is somehow going to be on the ballot again in two years and a substantial amount of people will actually vote for him.
This.

If nothing changes from today he'd be the overwhelming front-runner for the Republican Presidential nomination. He's a criminal. An unrepentant corrupt criminal. He doesn't even have any political skills outside of appealing to the stupidest people in our country.

If nothing changes from today he'd be the overwhelming front-runner for the Republican Presidential nomination. He's a criminal. An unrepentant corrupt criminal. He doesn't even have any political skills outside of appealing to the stupidest people in our country.
Its staggeringly shocking that anyone ever voted for him in either of the previous elections and shocking enough to kill me that anyone would vote for him again. Yet they will.

I go on this great republican principle, that the people will have virtue and intelligence to select men of virtue and wisdom. Is there no virtue among us? If there be not, we are in a wretched situation. No theoretical checks--no form of government can render us secure. To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical idea. If there be sufficient virtue and intelligence in the community, it will be exercised in the selection of these men. So that we do not depend on their virtue, or put confidence in our rulers, but in the people who are to choose them.

- James Madison 1788

If Americans value cheap gas, tribalism, and entertainment more than their own representative democracy, then we’re no better than any other society that gave up its democracy for the cheap temporary “fixes” of despotism. We need better citizens than this:

Victor Vizcarra, 48, of Los Angeles, said he would much prefer Mr. Trump to Mrs. Clinton. Though he said he disagreed with some of Mr. Trump’s policies, he added that he had watched “The Apprentice” and expected that a Trump presidency would be more exciting than a “boring” Clinton administration. “A dark side of me wants to see what happens if Trump is in,” said Mr. Vizcarra, who works in information technology. “There is going to be some kind of change, and even if it’s like a Nazi-type change, people are so drama-filled. They want to see stuff like that happen. It’s like reality TV. You don’t want to just see everybody be happy with each other. You want to see someone fighting somebody.”

How much damage was done to our country, institutions, our economy, and to individuals because irresponsible voters like this guy? Want entertainment? Go watch a football game or play a video game. Want your city, county, state, and country to run well? Elect serious virtuous people who ****ing want to lead. People who want the government to actually work.

I’ve been thinking about this recently:

This Italian village just couldn’t grow because people couldn’t or wouldn’t look beyond their own narrow scope. I think one could probably do other similar studies in Russia, Africa, or South America. While Countries that have higher levels of trust and civic cohesion progress.

Americans need to relearn how to think outside of their narrow tribal view. We need to be more civic minded. Think about others for a change. If you’re a owner of a store and have a sign to wear a mask, I’ll wear a mask out of respect for you and your business. We might live in the same community and disagree on some political things, but we’ll agree to discuss things rationally and try and see things from each other’s perspective. We both should be trying to build our community up. Instead, right now we have every tribe for itself. Everyone is looking to get “theirs.” Every disagreement no matter how small whether it be an assigned reading in class or a Costco cashier struggling to scan items quickly becomes a personal slight.

Last edited: