What's new

Trump's Coup Attempt

Time to commit voter fraud, to the Biden/Harris mobile!!!

There are Trump lawyers who would LOVE to speak to this person. Please get her in touch with the Trump campaign. (Shhh, I know she's already been in touch with the Trump campaign, but I'm trying not to spoil the surprise for the Trump supporters).

Very interesting article.

@Red i think you especially might enjoy it since we’ve discussed how the gop is a cult of personality and undermining our democracy before.
Thanks, yeah, I had read that yesterday. I’m concerned with the installation of Trump loyalists at the Pentagon, including one who called Obama a terrorist. I’m concerned with 70% of Republican voters believing the election was “not fair and free”. Of course this is all undermining democracy in America. It’s very damaging, and the Republican attitude, spoken aloud by one of their own, to the effect “what harm in humoring him?”, ignores how damaging this will be moving forward. It’s just a nightmare.

No I’m serious. Aren’t both sides the same? Haven't Democrats also protested elections? Haven’t Democrats also screwed up pandemics? Like H1N1? And aren’t Democrats just as corrupt? I heard Obama took michelle out on dates sometimes.

Aren’t both sides the same?
They didn't deny that the other side won. H1N1 about 14,000 people died and never did Obama say it was a hoax or it would just go away. No both sides are not the same.

Very interesting article.

@Red i think you especially might enjoy it since we’ve discussed how the gop is a cult of personality and undermining our democracy before.

-Trump Jr. is attempting to take over the RNC. So both dependent, and fearful, of his base, the GOP will be hard pressed to prevent this.

-Trump can easily maintain the fidelity of his base, if that’s what he wants. He can even behave, through tweets and rallies, as if he were a government in exile.

-If Trump does command a movement focused on Biden as an illegitimate president, to what degree with the GOP itself adopt the same narrative? Consider the unnamed GOP official who said “what harm in humoring him for a little bit?” Well, when does that “little bit” come to an end and the GOP publicly asks him to concede? How do they cry “steal!” now, yet change the tune to “concede” a month from now? They are boxing themselves into the “fake election” narrative. I think, once Biden is sworn in, and Trump supporters cry “fake president”, the illegitimate narrative will still dominate.

-So we will have what once was called “the loyal opposition” promoting and enabling a stance that sees a Democratic president as having benefited from cheating? Their opposition to Biden will be firmly cemented in a bald face lie. And what, half the electorate, will buy into this? 4 years of “impeach the fake” from an ill informed, conspiracy dominated, electorate? That’s damaging, that’s for sure...

Winning through a court case is neither violent nor illegal, and rarely sudden.
Agreed that winning through a court case is not a proper use of the word "coup" in this context. But I don't think that's the only thing that we're talking about Trump possibly doing.

And if Trump is trying to stay in office by "winning a court case" what case is that? What's his claim? Has he made a substantiated claim that would actually result in him being elected instead of Biden? I haven't heard anything that would actually change the outcome of the election. Nothing even close.

And if Trump is trying to stay in office by "winning a court case" what case is that? What's his claim? Has he made a substantiated claim that would actually result in him being elected instead of Biden? I haven't heard anything that would actually change the outcome of the election. Nothing even close.
Currently, he's filing dozens of court cases that would challenge votes here and there, and I believe they have something in court against the state of Michigan. Nothing likely to succeed.

Agreed that winning through a court case is not a proper use of the word "coup" in this context. But I don't think that's the only thing that we're talking about Trump possibly doing.
If the military opposes a hypothetical Trump coup, there will be no coup. When was the last time a coup (of something larger than a single city) succeed without substantial military help? That said, with all the recent turnover in the Department of Defense, we do need to keep an eye on it. I still think it unlikely the military will join in.

I think the lawsuits really worrying Trump are the ones pending in NYS, where they apparently have got the goods on him and which could potentially send him to prison, that is before he jumps bail and goes into exile.

If the military opposes a hypothetical Trump coup, there will be no coup. When was the last time a coup (of something larger than a single city) succeed without substantial military help? That said, with all the recent turnover in the Department of Defense, we do need to keep an eye on it. I still think it unlikely the military will join in.

I think a coup could be potentially be accomplished e.g. via corruption, without any military assistance. People might not even recognize it was going on.