What's new

Two Way Players

sonofthebigdog

This was the first year for two way contracts. If my memory is correct we had five players on them: Eric Griffin, Nate Wolters, Naz, Geroges and the guy from La Tech. It seemed to me like none of them made an impact with the big team and perhaps Naz might have had the best showing with the Jazz. I'm assuming this will continue into next year. What say you about the experiment?

I thought Nate Wolters could have been used by the Jazz. His stats in SLC were 15.4 ppg, 5.6 rebounds and 6.9 assists. If there were Jazz number it would have placed him third in scored, 3rd in rebounding and first in assists if the numbers had occurred in the show. I think Griffin had decent stats in Salt Lake and lead the team in blocked shots per game. Wolters had a couple of decent years with the Bucks. He could not have hurt in games 4 and 5.

With all the free agent camps and fringe draft players that Jazz have worked out in the past 3 years, I figured the 2 way contract would be extremely beneficial for the team. Didn't seem to work out.

DL obviously hit a home run with Royce, but none of the 10 days contracts of 2-way players panned out. Grizzlies brought in Marshon Brooks, OKC found Brewer, Houston Green.

David Stockton was fun for sentimental reasons, but he didn't contribute in the playoffs after two of the PGs went down.

I read this thread as players that play both defense and offense well.