What's new

Two years in a row...

akirac73

The team with the best record in the league is ousted in the 2nd round after blowing a 2-0 series lead. As painful as it's been being a Jazz fan this season, for some strange reason, watching CP3/Booker/Phoenix totally melt down in game 7 made me feel better. The Jazz had a penchant for blowing big 4th quarter leads game after game, but the Phoenix Suns basically played flawlessly all season and blew their entire season in one final game. Not sure which is worse...

The team with the best record in the league is ousted in the 2nd round after blowing a 2-0 series lead. As painful as it's been being a Jazz fan this season, for some strange reason, watching CP3/Booker/Phoenix totally melt down in game 7 made me feel better. The Jazz had a penchant for blowing big 4th quarter leads game after game, but the Phoenix Suns basically played flawlessly all season and blew their entire season in one final game. Not sure which is worse...
Making it a habit like the Jazz did. The Suns just basically blew a game at the worst time. It sucks, but it happens and, in my eyes, not really an indicator of how things are for them. It'll hurt for them a for a while, but they return hungrier as a result.

For Utah, we just got used to doing it.

Suns at least made it to the final the year before while this Jazz will probably be remembered as a second round exit team instead of the best record. It was a shortened season and we only led by one game anyways.

The real question will be how the teams respond. The Jazz essentially ran it back: same coach, same primary rotation players, same schemes. I’m guessing Phoenix doesn’t just run it back next year.

Phoenix and Utah are very similar franchises. Both have been in the same market for a long time, both have a ****-ton of regular season wins ... and neither have a NBA title.

The difference is that the Jazz have been consistently good for 20+ years but just not good enough to do much of anything in the playoffs.

The Suns have been very erratic the last 20 years. They were really good in the 2000s, making the WCF 2005, 2006 and 2010 and then super bad in the 2010s before becoming really good again real quick in the 2020s.

It'll be interesting to see what the next few years hold for both franchises. It feels like both teams saw their best shot at winning the NBA championship go out the window. I suspect Phoenix is going to see a fall in the coming years with an aging Paul and a Deandre Ayton situation that is up in the air.