What's new

TWolves and our 2012 Draft Pick

JFFR

Today on ESPN there was a suggestion that the Celtics trade Paul Pierce to Minnesota for Michael Beasley, Martell Webster, Brad Miller and the Jazz's 2012 first-round pick.

I panicked when I saw this and remembered that we gave up a couple picks for Al Jefferson. I scrambled to find out more information. The best I could find was information on nbadraft.net Is this right? Does anyone know anything else?

"T'Wolves receive the Utah's 2012 first-round pick (lotto protected in 2012 and top 12 protected in 2013, and Minn has option to swap picks in 2014 if Utah pick is 10 or lower. Otherwise Minn receives 2nd rounder.)"

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2012

One more reason not to make the playoffs!

I've been away from the board (cause you guys are pricks! ;)) people don't talk about these things elsewhere.

Thanks for confirming :)

This also in, we will get Golden State's 1st rounder (top-7 protected in 2012 and 2013, top-6 protected in 2014, else 2014 and 2016 second-round picks)...

So, to recap...If we make the playoffs and GS sucks bad enough to draft in the top 7, then we'll get 0 draft picks this next draft.

PS. I, sir, am not a "prick"! I am a "jerk", or, sometimes, a "douche" ...in more formal settings.

I've been away from the board (cause you guys are pricks! ;)) people don't talk about these things elsewhere.

Thanks for confirming :)

Ignore that negative shizz. Yeah, this lottery can be very good to the Jazz or nothing but heartache.

"T'Wolves receive the Utah's 2012 first-round pick (lotto protected in 2012 and top 12 protected in 2013, and Minn has option to swap picks in 2014 if Utah pick is 10 or lower. Otherwise Minn receives 2nd rounder.)"

Tuesday, July 13, 2010. I remember it well.
Minnesota traded forward Al Jefferson to Utah for center Kosta Koufos, a protected 2011 first-round pick and another future protected first-round pick.

It was the same day that Kyle Korver signed with the Chicago Bulls. And just 5 days after Utah traded Boozer and a 2nd Round pick to Chicago for an exception.

Those draft picks have thus far resulted in Donatas Montijunas, and Malcom Lee. Meanwhile, Kosta got bounced from Minny to Denver where he signed a modest 3 year 10 million dollar extension last month and is averaging 7 rebounds and 7 points per game in about 18 minutes of playing time.

More interesting to discuss would be who do we pick with our pick (if we don't make the playoff).

I'd go with Lillard with GSW pick (around #10) and Quincy Miller with our own pick (around #14).

Can you imagine pairing a 3pt shooting PG with Miller coming off the curl easily knocking down those 12-15 footer over smaller players?

Pair those 2 with Kanter, Favors and Burks and we have the next OKC for sure.

#NowWe'reTalking

I am very intrigued by Lillard. i'm not sure he will be top 10 material though. He may be able to be had at the end of the 1st round. I'm not a college BBall guy so I could be wrong.

:edit: The 2 Mocks I looked up had him going 9 and 14. Both claim it's a reach for him and that they are picking him earlier than he is expected to go. It is also questionable to them whether he can be an NBA PG as he is asked to be the man for Weber St.

I'm still intrigued. A shooter like him with the potential to be a very good combo guard is not a bad thing.

Last edited:
I am very intrigued by Lillard. i'm not sure he will be top 10 material though. He may be able to be had at the end of the 1st round. I'm not a college BBall guy so I could be wrong.

:edit: The 2 Mocks I looked up had him going 9 and 14. Both claim it's a reach for him and that they are picking him earlier than he is expected to go. It is also questionable to them whether he can be an NBA PG as he is asked to be the man for Weber St.

I'm still intrigued. A shooter like him with the potential to be a very good combo guard is not a bad thing.

I'd pick him around #10 only because there are a couple of teams wanting PGs as well (Phoenix picking around #11 and NO picking around #14 via TWolves). There's a lack of PGs in this draft and 2013 and if Rivers stays in school then Lillard may be the best PG we can get for a while.

We already have Kanter, Favors, Hayward and Burks... picking BPA is OK up to a certain point.. somewhere down the line you also have to balance your team out.

I hope Weber State loses tonight, reducing their odds of making the big dance and the chance of anyone outside of Utah from seeing Lillard. Then we may pick him up on the cheap with the (hopefully) 14th pick.

I hope Weber State loses tonight, reducing their odds of making the big dance and the chance of anyone outside of Utah from seeing Lillard. Then we may pick him up on the cheap with the (hopefully) 14th pick.

You made it sound like fans are making the decision when scouts are paid to watch these players...

You made it sound like fans are making the decision when scouts are paid to watch these players...

You'd think so eh? But somehow Jimmer fever took over last year and Kings owner felt Jimmer would sell enough tickets and took him at #10 which was wayyy too high IMO. Definitely not a basketball decision as they needed a pass first PG to distribute to Tyreke and Thornton.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Weber State lose just so there's less hype around Lillard come draft time.

You'd think so eh? But somehow Jimmer fever took over last year and Kings owner felt Jimmer would sell enough tickets and took him at #10 which was wayyy too high IMO. Definitely not a basketball decision as they needed a pass first PG to distribute to Tyreke and Thornton.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Weber State lose just so there's less hype around Lillard come draft time.

I have it on good authority that the Jazz had Jimmer in their top 10 picks. I don't agree with that but they did.

I'd pick him around #10 only because there are a couple of teams wanting PGs as well (Phoenix picking around #11 and NO picking around #14 via TWolves). There's a lack of PGs in this draft and 2013 and if Rivers stays in school then Lillard may be the best PG we can get for a while.

We already have Kanter, Favors, Hayward and Burks... picking BPA is OK up to a certain point.. somewhere down the line you also have to balance your team out.
I agree. It would be ok to reach a bit for a PG. Worst case, he probably turns into a very competent back up. And Miller would be an excellent choice with our second selection. I just hope A) Utah doesn't suddenly make a run at the playoffs and B) Detroit and some other bottom team get hot while GS starts to tank.

Best case we get the 8th and 9th pick and worst case we get none, which would not get good since this draft may not be too bad depending on who comes out early. I like Lillard as well but not Q. Miller as much. I thought I saw him projected as an early 2nd rounder which means his stock as fallen alot. If we got Lillard and Sullinger that would be good for me.

Don't forget we also have some "rebate/credit/gift certificate/trade exception" or something like that from the Nets for the Okur trade. Not sure what O'Connor has in mind right now for that.

Best case we get the 8th and 9th pick and worst case we get none, which would not get good since this draft may not be too bad depending on who comes out early. I like Lillard as well but not Q. Miller as much. I thought I saw him projected as an early 2nd rounder which means his stock as fallen alot. If we got Lillard and Sullinger that would be good for me.

Don't forget we also have some "rebate/credit/gift certificate/trade exception" or something like that from the Nets for the Okur trade. Not sure what O'Connor has in mind right now for that.

You only have 7 posts .. so there's that consideration .. having said that, incredibly bad post.