What's new

Ty Corbin on JRIB now

And he pretty much said they would have taken Jimmer if he was still there.
He also said that Kanter would play more physical than Big AL and would chase down rebounds.

And he pretty much said they would have taken Jimmer if he was still there.
He also said that Kanter would play more physical than Big AL

There were reports that the Jazz were greatly divided on drafting Jimmer at the 12. Which didn't quite make sense if they had Jimmer in their "top ten", Unless they expected someone they ranked higher than Jimmer to fall to the twelve spot as well. I don't believe that Jimmer was higher ranked on the Jazz's draft boards then Alec Burks, however, drafting burks over Jimmer if they were still their is PR suicide.

My mad scientist theory would of course be completely debunked if the Jazz brass say they had Jimmer ranked higher than Burks.

Did Coach Corbin mention that they had Jimmer ranked higher than burks, or did they just say they would have taken him at the twelve... or was the interview just a bunch of "coach speak", and you're doing your best to read between the lines?

P.S. I obviously didn't have a chance to catch the interview.

They may well have had Jimmer in the top 10. But either way, saying they did and saying they would have taken him is the only smart thing to do at this point. I heard multiple folks on 1320 they were convinced the Jazz FO was relieved JF was not on the board so they did not have to deal with it. That adds up for me.

Maybe Cousins tries to strangle him for shooting too much in Sactown and we can put together a trade for him.

Maybe Cousins tries to strangle him for shooting too much in Sactown and we can put together a trade for him.

Good point. Cousins works hard to get position for the ball down low and gets pissed when someone launches a 3 after he's put in the work to make the catch near the rim.

Anyone else see Chad Ford the day after the draft? While giving his 2 cents on the draft an commenting that Jimmer in Sactown was a good fit, he said "Note to Jimmer, the first time you put up a 35 footer, Cousins is going to clock you."

Anyone else see Chad Ford the day after the draft? While giving his 2 cents on the draft an commenting that Jimmer in Sactown was a good fit, he said "Note to Jimmer, the first time you put up a 35 footer, Cousins is going to clock you."

He said something similar on ESPN700, saying Cousins will punch Jimmer in the face when he takes the first long shot.