What's new

Tyler Hansbrough

Beantown

Pacers just rescinded his offer so now he is a UFA. Could be a last resort if the Jazz don't get Millsap, Jason Smith, Robin Lopez, etc.

He's white and plays hard so I figure the Jazz will sign him eventually.

Easily the most unwatchable player in the NBA

Hansbrough is easily one of the worst players I've seen in the rotation of a contender. Maybe for the Jazz this season it makes some sense (lol).

I'd take him for 3 years 6 million. You need someone thick who hustles to practice against and piss off the other team. He fits that bill perfectly.

He's a total a Harpring clone.

He is actually a much better defender than given credit for and of course at UNC showed his offensive game off. Obviously does not work as well against stronger and more athletic NBA players, but for 2 million a year it would be a no brainer. However, his value is definitely more than that though.

Did you guys even watch the playoffs? It's a miracle that he even saw the floor and is a testament to Indiana's depth problem. I have a hard time imagining Miles Plumlee could do worse. He couldn't guard anybody and he'd spazz every time the ball touched his hands. He's nowhere near as good as Harpring was or Millsap is (or was). He's a pure scrub.

That's not to say that there isn't a place for players like that. Most notably teams that are secretly trying to be bad and want practices to be better.

If we're looking for a gritty thug type player why not sign Brian Butch who was in training camp last year and was on the DLeague all star team. He would play for the minimum, be happy for it and could probably do a lot of the things Hansborogh does. Oh year he was on the McDonald's All American team the same year Lebron James was.

Did you guys even watch the playoffs? It's a miracle that he even saw the floor and is a testament to Indiana's depth problem. I have a hard time imagining Miles Plumlee could do worse. He couldn't guard anybody and he'd spazz every time the ball touched his hands. He's nowhere near as good as Harpring was or Millsap is (or was). He's a pure scrub.

That's not to say that there isn't a place for players like that. Most notably teams that are secretly trying to be bad and want practices to be better.

Defensively that is not what Synergy says

Hansbrough was known for his offense and scoring ability while with the Tar Heels, but in his time in the NBA that has changed. He's now known for his defense, which graded out on Synergy Sports Technology in the 94th percentile among all NBA players last season.

That new CBA is working. Stars and top 2-3 players on each team get $$$, everyone else gets scraps.

I saw this tweet earlier today, ironically also about the Pacers:The $9.2 million Indy will owe in 14-15 to Gerald Green, Ian Mahinmi and Miles Plumlee hurts

9.2 for 3 bench players used to be considered about right. Now it is too much.

45 million for 3 or 4 stars. 15 million for 10 other players. Ouch.

Easily the most unwatchable player in the NBA

.....he's doesn't palm the ball, he plays defense every play, he boxes out, he sets great picks and screens, he has no tats, he can irritate a hopper in a NY minute! He's totally watchable in my book!

I disagree. When Hansbrough has started and received extensive playing time, he has produced some pretty decent lines. I have no idea what the advanced analytics say about him, but I don't think he's near as bad as you are saying. I'd like him on the Jazz, and I'd consider him a good replacement for Millsap. A different skill set but also one without the ego that demands a starter's role.