What's new

Types of Jazz fans and the Ones I Dislike Most

Batman

I have been thinking a bit lately about the different kind of Jazzfanz that exist out there. Here's my inadequate superficial take:

1-Stockton and Malone/ Finals run Jazz fans
These are the fans that were hooked by the finals runs or perhaps earlier by Stockton and Malone. and stopped paying attention after Stockton and Malone retired. This make sense. Mostly they were fans because everyone was. It was a cultural thing at the time. Usually when you talk Jazz basketball with them they say something like "Oh yeah, I used to be a Jazz fan. I guess I still am but I stopped paying attention to the team after Stockton and Malone retired.

2-Die hard Jazz fans.
These fans are the ones who post consistently year round on Jazzfanz.com or other online Jazz basketball related communities. It's pretty simple; they are always plugged into what is going on in Jazzland and are very knowledgable. They are devoted and unyielding. Fans for life.

3-Fans that have no idea what the hell they are talking and complain about the franchise, players, ownership, and front office.
These are the fans who are clueless. These are the people who might think Monta Ellis or Rudy Gay are awesome and should be targeted. These are the fans who might think Hayward sucks and should be traded (it's like, yeah, we know, Hayward isn't a superstar. He's not Durant or Steph or James but there's only like 5-8 real superstars in the league Hayward is really good. Unless you are trading him for a chance at a legit superstar in the draft them please just shut the H*ll up.) These are the fans who think Quin is crap coach and should not have been extended. These are the fans who really believe the Jazz management does not care about winning. They are utterly, vulgarly clueless.

An example of what I mean

027f95e69eb78dfe6cb57b7002c546e7.jpg

Some people on this site who are checking it out may fall into this category. Honestly if you do, you just don't get it. You think you do but you don't. For those of you who fall under this umbrella of Jazz fans, please cease to vomit from the mouth by making negative statements about a franchise which you are totally clueless in regards to. Also, if you think you know what you are talking about, bring it on. Let's embrace some debate.

Hope Floats, Bi*ches. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

This Bill Shakespeare has no idea what he is talking about. Doesn't get the collective bargaining agreement. Doesn't get the money the franchise will have to pay to its budding stars when rookie deals are up. Probably thinks we had a chance to sign Durant or LeBron but instead the Millers wanted to keep the 30 million so they were like "no we are not interested in that guy LeBron or Durant." This is the equivalent of me making political statements. I am clueless therefore I do not make statements because I would sound just as bad.

I think there's a 4th type: the casual fan. These are the people who have a basic idea of who the current players and coaches are and they watch a game here or there. They're not completely oblivious like group 1, nor are they very knowledgeable like group 2; but they're not annoying bitches like group 3.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

You could have found plenty of examples of Bill Shakespeare like comments on this site, and they have been made by people who post year-round. Do you see this as a problem for your fan classification system?

I don't think I fit into any of your categories very well, BTW.

Yeah. Some people are not patient as much as others. Many still have hard time adapting to the Jazz being a lottery team after decades of success. But it's a process. A phase. I believe the owners are smart enough to bare the tough critiques that did and will come down the road. In my opinion the rebuilding is going pretty nice. Nice little gems are popping up like Hood and Rudy. And with a strong character smart coach, the team will become a 6th seed contender.

You could have found plenty of examples of Bill Shakespeare like comments on this site, and they have been made by people who post year-round. Do you see this as a problem for your fan classification system?

I don't think I fit into any of your categories very well, BTW.

How would you classify yourself?

I think there's a 4th type: the casual fan. These are the people who have a basic idea of who the current players and coaches are and they watch a game here or there. They're not completely oblivious like group 1, nor are they very knowledgeable like group 2; but they're not annoying bitches like group 3.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I think you are right. I didn't give this as much though as it deserved.

Jazz fans I don't like:

People like Batman who judge what others want out of the sport and bitch and moan over any contradicting idea that doesn't resonate with Judge Batman. Who are you to judge how others enjoy something, and, why do you even give a ****?

I have been thinking a bit lately about the different kind of Jazzfanz that exist out there. Here's my inadequate superficial take:

1-Stockton and Malone/ Finals run Jazz fans
These are the fans that were hooked by the finals runs or perhaps earlier by Stockton and Malone. and stopped paying attention after Stockton and Malone retired. This make sense. Mostly they were fans because everyone was. It was a cultural thing at the time. Usually when you talk Jazz basketball with them they say something like "Oh yeah, I used to be a Jazz fan. I guess I still am but I stopped paying attention to the team after Stockton and Malone retired.

2-Die hard Jazz fans.
These fans are the ones who post consistently year round on Jazzfanz.com or other online Jazz basketball related communities. It's pretty simple; they are always plugged into what is going on in Jazzland and are very knowledgable. They are devoted and unyielding. Fans for life.

3-Fans that have no idea what the hell they are talking and complain about the franchise, players, ownership, and front office.
These are the fans who are clueless. These are the people who might think Monta Ellis or Rudy Gay are awesome and should be targeted. These are the fans who might think Hayward sucks and should be traded (it's like, yeah, we know, Hayward isn't a superstar. He's not Durant or Steph or James but there's only like 5-8 real superstars in the league Hayward is really good. Unless you are trading him for a chance at a legit superstar in the draft them please just shut the H*ll up.) These are the fans who think Quin is crap coach and should not have been extended. These are the fans who really believe the Jazz management does not care about winning. They are utterly, vulgarly clueless.

An example of what I mean

027f95e69eb78dfe6cb57b7002c546e7.jpg

Some people on this site who are checking it out may fall into this category. Honestly if you do, you just don't get it. You think you do but you don't. For those of you who fall under this umbrella of Jazz fans, please cease to vomit from the mouth by making negative statements about a franchise which you are totally clueless in regards to. Also, if you think you know what you are talking about, bring it on. Let's embrace some debate.

Hope Floats, Bi*ches. Cheers!

The only thing I got from this is that Batboy hates himself.

Jazz fans I don't like:

People like Batman who judge what others want out of the sport and bitch and moan over any contradicting idea that doesn't resonate with Judge Batman. Who are you to judge how others enjoy something, and, why do you even give a ****?

Franklin, you still transcend my ability to perceive you with through a transparent lens. Thus being the case, I cannot and will not try and interpret your post as such action would be beneath what a post from you deserves. What will suffice is this only: that Franklin spoke and I marveled at him.

Franklin, you still transcend my ability to perceive you with through a transparent lens. Thus being the case, I cannot and will not try and interpret your post as such action would be beneath what a post from you deserves. What will suffice is this only: that Franklin spoke and I marveled at him.

The moment when someone types, deletes, edits, and re structures their post to sound pretty high brow. Is it lonely there on your ivory tower Batman?

Ahh you got the paradox. Kudos.

You can never try insult intelligence of me! I can also see this is problems for Jazz even before this one. DL is loser GM we now Jazz can wait until Hayward divorce jazz and then we can always keep draft 7-12 and never get star players!!!

You can never try insult intelligence of me! I can also see this is problems for Jazz even before this one. DL is loser GM we now Jazz can wait until Hayward divorce jazz and then we can always keep draft 7-12 and never get star players!!!

Bill Shakespeare, I was hoping you'd make it to the party.

The moment when someone types, deletes, edits, and re structures their post to sound pretty high brow. Is it lonely there on your ivory tower Batman?

That I am a hermit (I know, Punny) because my nature is inherently superior to the Everyman, there is no doubt. I am, indeed, the quintessential tortured genius. I have only 2.5 equals in this Jazzfanz community: PKM, Spy and King Cy. As for the Likes of Franklin, Colton, Motown, and Jason, they are like Gods to me.

That I am a hermit (I know, Punny) because my nature is inherently superior to the Everyman, there is no doubt. I am, indeed, the quintessential tortured genius. I have only 2.5 equals in this Jazzfanz community: PKM, Spy and King Cy. As for the Likes of Franklin, Colton, Motown, and Jason, they are like Gods to me.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app from my mom's basement.

Fixed

That it was sent from My Mothers basement I cannot deny. That my mothers basement is a metaphor for that which is ineffable and transcends the finite mind, I cannot deny that either.