What's new

Tyty Washington?

I would. I thought he was a potential buy-low trade candidate this off-season.

IDK. Prolly not. Would be cool to pick him up mid-season after some of the weird bulges/logjams in the roster get ironed out. But I'm also just not generally a fan.

No, not worth it with Keyonte on the roster. He'd get lost in the sauce. If it's a 2-way, whatever.
Yeah its a 2 way or 14th/15th man... its someone lost in the sauce already... test em in the G League and see if its worth more testing at a higher level. Just thought its early to be giving up on him.

IDK. Prolly not. Would be cool to pick him up mid-season after some of the weird bulges/logjams in the roster get ironed out. But I'm also just not generally a fan.
Oh he's not playing in real games unless we tanking and have a bunch of injuries. Its a prospect to get in the program and bake in the G league.

Yeah its a 2 way or 14th/15th man... its someone lost in the sauce already... test em in the G League and see if its worth more testing at a higher level. Just thought its early to be giving up on him.
He's pretty pretty bad and if you sign him he's going to be the star of your G-League team where as you might want the guys who actually have potential that you send down to be the stars (which is my theory on why the Jazz sign more role player oriented 2-way guys).

I don’t know, I have a hard time believing someone out there’s name is really Tyty. It’s what I envision an over-the-top, gaudy, self-absorbed couple who drive an Escalade would name their toddler who they whore out on YouTube but scripting every life event possible and selling merch.

Come to think of it, I must be thinking of Tydus.

Yeah, that’s Tyty. I’m a huge pass.

Best wishes to the actual player, though. I don’t know anything about him.

The guy was a late first round draft pick in the 2022 draft and has already been with five teams. He's just 21 years old but there has to be a reason so many teams have him valued as a chess piece. Fun fact: On two of his trades, Walker Kessler and Rudy Gay were involved. I would say pass.

Its interesting that Tyty was the easiest cut. I assume they had already decided to keep one of him or Mann, and Summer League was decisive in that race.

They still have tough cuts to make:
Oladipo, Bertans, Garuba are all probable cuts.

Locks (12):
SGA, Giddey, Chet, 2x Williams (Jaylin and Jalen), Dort, Joe, Dieng, Micic, Pokusevski, Wallace, Wiggins.

Also many OKC articles have Keyontae Johnson as a lock.

Others potentially on the bubble:
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Kenrich Williams, Tre Mann, Lindy Waters III, Olivier Sarr.

If we were to lock Johnson and Mann, it leaves just 1 spot for the others

Its interesting that Tyty was the easiest cut. I assume they had already decided to keep one of him or Mann, and Summer League was decisive in that race.

They still have tough cuts to make:
Oladipo, Bertans, Garuba are all probable cuts.

Locks (12):
SGA, Giddey, Chet, 2x Williams (Jaylin and Jalen), Dort, Joe, Dieng, Micic, Pokusevski, Wallace, Wiggins.

Also many OKC articles have Keyontae Johnson as a lock.

Others potentially on the bubble:
Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, Kenrich Williams, Tre Mann, Lindy Waters III, Olivier Sarr.

If we were to lock Johnson and Mann, it leaves just 1 spot for the others
Kenrich is an absolute lock. I think they already released and signed lindy to a two way. I think maybe Garuba is the most interesting of the guys that get cut… I’d pass on TyTy I suppose because there are going to be some interesting guys on the waiver wire. If no one picks him up and he’s available for a two way I’d consider that.

Kenrich is an absolute lock. I think they already released and signed lindy to a two way. I think maybe Garuba is the most interesting of the guys that get cut… I’d pass on TyTy I suppose because there are going to be some interesting guys on the waiver wire. If no one picks him up and he’s available for a two way I’d consider that.
What about Robinson-Earl? Any interest in him.

I like Mann and Dieng from the OKC overloaded roster. If they cut either, I would take a long hard look. TyTy is a point guard, right? What makes him valuable exactly? And why do we need another project point guard?

PJ not signing a MLE offer
I get why he wouldn't, but it seems that that's basically gonna be the best longterm contract offer he'll get. Otherwise, I guess he just takes the QO (which if the Jazz at least reached out to him this offseason might build some kind of connection for his UFA next year if there's interest).

I get why he wouldn't, but it seems that that's basically gonna be the best longterm contract offer he'll get. Otherwise, I guess he just takes the QO (which if the Jazz at least reached out to him this offseason might build some kind of connection for his UFA next year if there's interest).
I’d try to finesse a sign and trade if they really wanted him. MLE on an annual basis isn’t super different than his QO… I think it’s 7-8M. I’m sure they are trying to get him on a 4/60 type of deal… he may end up settling after watching FA this summer.

I know what side you are on here but this is another kinda side issue with the Collins deal. Would have been curious to see if a 4/80 gets matched and you could front load it to make it a better long term asset. I really hope the JC deal works out for us… but I’m still skeptical that was the best route to take this summer.

Garuba just got released too. I'm intrigued a bit there but he might just suck. I just think with everything going on in Houston that it would be very hard for their lower tier prospects to have success. He wouldn't play with the varsity squad buy might become the switchy 5 you want to changeup when you have a guy like Walker?