• I prefer half-assed tank

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • NO tank.....make trade to climb to crappy pick

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • We're still making the playoffs, just need to change the line up

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

freakazoid

If you're not on board at this point, do us all a favor and just lay down in front of the tracks. #TankinTheFOutOfThisB

article-1262882-08F73F75000005DC-497_634x363.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh.

This honestly makes me sick.

I'll always essentially be a Jazz fan, but if this is how the Jazz section (of Jazzfanz) is going to go and if the team actually doesn't try to put a good product on the floor this year I'm not sure I'll ever really be invested in the game by game success of the team again and I'm already not an NBA fan.

I haven't watched any of the last 5 games and I probably won't sit down and watch anther game this season. I don't find the process of building a team interesting in the least.

Peace out Jazz section of Jazzfanz, I'm out.

(if you need me I'll be in general discussion)

If by, "Just tank the F out of that B", you mean "Keep playing our super-young lottery players together even though they're struggling, while working them to the point of exhaustion in practice so they know the new system inside and out, and keeping Trey "Black Jesus" Burk and Enes "The Menace" Kanter in the starting lineup until at least the All Star break instead of trying Exum and Gobert as starters, letting Gobert, Exum and Hood grow into their bodies/roles, and quietly plotting to leverage whatever assets are needed to add an All-Star caliber player to anchor the future group of Exum, Hayward, Favors, Burks (6th), Hood and maybe (depending on his trade value and RFA) Kanter."

If that's what you mean, then heck yeah. Tank the F out of this B!

I want this group to work hard, learn the system and actually spend time together on the court - even if it doesn't feel like it's working or translating to wins. They need to keep playing Gobert, Hood and Exum more so they get more work on tape to evaluate. Development and team chemistry are the keys for now. Add an All Star level scorer any way possible (draft, trade or free agency) and improve the bench in the process and this is a good, playoff level team. Quin and the players can't quit. At some point they need to have success, and I think they will. I see them finishing better than they've started, but still ending up with a top 5-10 pick.

I'm rooting for them to win, but I'm also not stressing out if they lose. They're young, learning and struggling to find their way. The bench is terrible right now, by design through inexperience IMO. There's a long way to go, but this team isn't built to win right now. This whole thing is a process. I'm still encouraged by some of the things Ive seen (especially Hayward and Favors) and think it will translate to long term success as they grow together and hopefully get that #1 option that they need so desperately.

I want the Jazz to play hard and whatever the record I will be fine with it. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a packaging of a couple of players to get a veteran who can score either.

I am puzzled by Exum's lack of aggression, every game I see lately he has 2 or three shots. I don't know if he is just taking a back seat to the veterans or if it has to do with him being more comfortable with the ball. I too want to see more of Gobert, Exum and Hood but I don't want the Jazz just to let Kanter walk away if they don't want to keep him. They need to decide if Trey and Kanter are part of the future if they're not then the Jazz need to package them for more draft picks. I am wondering if Philly would be open to switching some young guys with us. It is good if Kanter and Burke put up decent numbers for us then we can get more for them. Right now we can only get some pics or trade for some underperforming young guys that might fit our system better. The Jazz may be able to get a solid vet from a team who is rebuilding. I will only be upset if the Jazz let Kanter and Burke walk and get nothing.

If Kanter keeps playing like he has been, I have a hard time seeing him get much of an offer as a RFA. I could see the Jazz keep him for the right price as a big scorer off the bench if they're able to upgrade to the starting lineup through the draft or free agency.

If by, "Just tank the F out of that B", you mean "Keep playing our super-young lottery players together even though they're struggling, while working them to the point of exhaustion in practice so they know the new system inside and out, and keeping Trey "Black Jesus" Burk and Enes "The Menace" Kanter in the starting lineup until at least the All Star break instead of trying Exum and Gobert as starters, letting Gobert, Exum and Hood grow into their bodies/roles, and quietly plotting to leverage whatever assets are needed to add an All-Star caliber player to anchor the future group of Exum, Hayward, Favors, Burks (6th), Hood and maybe (depending on his trade value and RFA) Kanter."

I want this group to work hard, learn the system and actually spend time together on the court - even if it doesn't feel like it's working or translating to wins. They need to keep playing Gobert, Hood and Exum more so they get more work on tape to evaluate. Development and team chemistry are the keys for now. Add an All Star level scorer any way possible (draft, trade or free agency) and improve the bench in the process and this is a good, playoff level team. Quin and the players can't quit. At some point they need to have success, and I think they will. I see them finishing better than they've started, but still ending up with a top 5-10 pick.

I'm rooting for them to win, but I'm also not stressing out if they lose. They're young, learning and struggling to find their way. The bench is terrible right now, by design through inexperience IMO. There's a long way to go, but this team isn't built to win right now. This whole thing is a process. I'm still encouraged by some of the things Ive seen (especially Hayward and Favors) and think it will translate to long term success as they grow together and hopefully get that #1 option that they need so desperately.

This guy gets it!

I agree and repped. The MOST important decision Utah faces this season is whether or not to keep Kanter. So I do think he should probably start until the all-star break. Then maybe play Favors and Gobert together. Have to make ABSOLUTELY certain Kanter is/is not part of the Jazz future. It's a big decision either way.

Last edited:
TOTT tbpfh. Tank hard, get a stud center in the draft, and sign a solid vet who has no issue coming off the bench for 5 minutes or 25 minutes. Trade Burke for a bag of chips too.

It seems like they have already decided they are not keeping kanter. The team radio station and Locke have mentioned to a few times already.
I agree and repped. The MOST important decision Utah faces this season is whether or not to keep Kanter. So I do think he should probably start until the all-star break. Then maybe play Favors and Gobert together. Have to make ABSOLUTELY certain Kanter is/is not part of the Jazz future. It's a big decision either way.

Ugh.

This honestly makes me sick.

I'll always essentially be a Jazz fan, but if this is how the Jazz section (of Jazzfanz) is going to go and if the team actually doesn't try to put a good product on the floor this year I'm not sure I'll ever really be invested in the game by game success of the team again and I'm already not an NBA fan.

I haven't watched any of the last 5 games and I probably won't sit down and watch anther game this season. I don't find the process of building a team interesting in the least.

Peace out Jazz section of Jazzfanz, I'm out.

(if you need me I'll be in general discussion)

Meh, supporting the tank is mostly about trying to stay positive during a throw-away season. Jazz fans have been spoiled over the years, but trust me when I say that rebuilding is inevitable for every team at some point. There's a right way to rebuild and there's the treadmill, Band-Aid way of trying to win with mediocre players. I guess we can all throw a screaming hissy fit over the fact that our team isn't what we want it to be right now, or we can accept the fact that every team goes through down years, and try to look to the future. Honestly, the sense of entitlement among many Jazz fans that we shouldn't have to build a team like everybody else kinda makes me sick, so I guess we can just both be sick for a while.

I'm excited about this, tbh. Exum + Hayward + Favors + [insert offensive stud] will be a good team.

The Jazz are at a point in their rebuild where at least they know what they need. Now they can focus on it. They need athletic, offensive talent at the top of the draft.

I agree with George Karl when he said he couln't believe that we let Al and Sap walk.

They were unrestricted and our team wasn't good. Not sure why anyone is assuming we could have just kept them. Letting them walk without getting anything was a mistake, but I seem to remember most fans being in favor of trying to squeak into the playoffs again.

What I hate about tanking is the fact that a great game that the Jazz win is a letdown. I'm just not programmed that way. And that all talk shifts towards kids playing basketball in college. I don't like kid basketball and don't care about the pipsqueaks playing it. I'd rather talk about what the Jazz are up to.

If you're not on board at this point, do us all a favor and just lay down in front of the tracks. #TankinTheFOutOfThisB

article-1262882-08F73F75000005DC-497_634x363.jpg

I want the Jazz to play hard and whatever the record I will be fine with it. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a packaging of a couple of players to get a veteran who can score either.

I am puzzled by Exum's lack of aggression, every game I see lately he has 2 or three shots. I don't know if he is just taking a back seat to the veterans or if it has to do with him being more comfortable with the ball. I too want to see more of Gobert, Exum and Hood but I don't want the Jazz just to let Kanter walk away if they don't want to keep him. They need to decide if Trey and Kanter are part of the future if they're not then the Jazz need to package them for more draft picks. I am wondering if Philly would be open to switching some young guys with us. It is good if Kanter and Burke put up decent numbers for us then we can get more for them. Right now we can only get some pics or trade for some underperforming young guys that might fit our system better. The Jazz may be able to get a solid vet from a team who is rebuilding. I will only be upset if the Jazz let Kanter and Burke walk and get nothing.

Keep in mind this comes from those negging me pre-season for saying same thing. Give us 10 more games and the quinnsnydershairs of the world will flip flop back. Fickle fans are fickle.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];950194 said:
Keep in mind this comes from those negging me pre-season for saying same thing. Give us 10 more games and the quinnsnydershairs of the world will flip flop back. Fickle fans are fickle.
Lindsey just doing the "GM tank" again. Got rid of RJ and MW and replaced with Booker and Ingles/Hood. Exum essentially about as effective as Garrett. Have to admit I'm a little disappointed Trey and Kanter haven't shown more improvement. And I was secretly hoping for more from Dante. But if all that means the Jazz get a top-3 or top-5 pick, I think Utah will be better off in the long run.