What's new

Urban Meyer Fired

I can't believe it. This is such a travesty. Those ****ers can't just do **** like this.

Who is Urban Meyer? Is he Fred's brother? Is it a she? Am I wrong for trying to figure out their gender? Should I get a Ruben for lunch, or pad thai? So many questions, so little time.

I can't believe it. This is such a travesty. Those ****ers can't just do **** like this.

Who is Urban Meyer? Is he Fred's brother? Is it a she? Am I wrong for trying to figure out their gender? Should I get a Ruben for lunch, or pad thai? So many questions, so little time.
He was one of three famous brothers. There was him, Urban Meyer, his younger brother SubUrban Meyer and then their inbred dimwitted half brother Rural Meyer.

Urban Meyer liked to be in the middle of the action, always wanted to surround himself with people and have access to the best restaurants, best entertainment and leading to his eventual downfall, the best drugs.

SubUrban Meyer liked to hang out with Urban Meyer once in a while and would use him to get good jobs, but he needed a little "me" time now and then and would go a little ways away, not too far, just far enough to take a break and eat at McDonalds and Wendy's and shop at Wal-Mart (which he calls Walmarts).

Rural Meyer hates his brothers and so he went far far away to live mostly all by himself. He likes taking old junk cars and welding crap to them and putting weird tires on them and building a little dirt tack in the field behind his house and driving his Frankenstein car around recklessly and without a seatbelt yelling "yeehaw!" He only eats red meat and potatoes and doesn't like to eat weird foreign food like they have at that Taco Bell restaurant in the small town near him.

Last edited:
He was one of three famous brothers. There was him, Urban Meyer, his younger brother SubUrban Meyer and then their inbred dimwitted half brother Rural Meyer.

Urban Meyer liked to be in the middle of the action, always wanted to surround himself with people and have access to the best restaurants, best entertainment and leading to his eventual downfall, the best drugs.

SubUrban Meyer liked to hang out with Urban Meyer once in a while and would use him to get good jobs, but he needed a little "me" time now and then and would go a little ways away, not too far, just far enough to take a break and eat at McDonalds and Wendy's and shop at Wal-Mart (which he calls Walmarts).

Rural Meyer hates his brothers and so he went far far away to live mostly all by himself. He likes taking old junk cars and welding crap to them and putting weird tires on them and building a little dirt tack in the field behind his house and driving his Frankenstein car around recklessly and without a seatbelt yelling "yeehaw!" He only eats red meat and potatoes and doesn't like to eat weird foreign food like they have at that Taco Bell restaurant in the small town near him.
Does Rural Meyer have a confederate flag on the top of his car too? That would be tight!

Yes, yes he does.
I think I found an early version, before he Trumped and Confederated it all up.

4hb2jla041c71.jpg

I used to be a fan when he coached for the Utes, and was excited when he became the coach at Ohio State (I'm an alumni). He lost his luster amid the scandals there, and I really stopped caring about him once he got to the NFL.

I am surprised that for what seems like an intelligent human being that he couldn't figure out that coaching the NFL would be different than college.

Does Rural Meyer have a confederate flag on the top of his car too? That would be tight!
I think you've got the wrong story line here. Rural Urban is not in the South. He's in the West, somewhere west of the Great salt Lake. The flag on his car is on a high antenna because he's aminingprospector and he needsto be able to find his car after a hike in the hills . This is the rural flag of Northern Nevada, which apparently has more gold than Midas.

Sometimes Rurals in the West have "Don't Tread on Me" flags.

But if Rural is from Washington County, Utah (Rural St. George) it could still be the Confederate flag.

Go Dixie. I was a Rebel.

Urban hit the big time in Utah because he was socially connected, cosmopolitan etc etc and the media found this remarkable for anyone in Utah.

I thought he was a great coach and fundamentally decent. Didn't follow him at all when he moved on.

I think this thread needs a link for people like me who just don't know the story.

Last edited:
Not sure if I’ve ever seen a coach fall so quickly and completely as Meyer. His legacy has been permanently damaged. I honestly wonder if he has anything left in the tank to try and repair his legacy?

Does anyone think Meyer will ever get a head coaching job in NFL or a D1 college ever again?

Crazy story, growing up, we once had a chimney sweep come and install a cage on our chimney and clear the remains of some birds. We had an issue where a raccoon came and lived inside of our chimney and wood burning stove. His son was a star at springville high school and was recruited by Utah. He said Meyer was amazing when recruiting. This kid happily commits.
Unfortunately, early in the season this kid suffers a significant injury. I don’t remember what it was. Meyer was just brutal with injured kids. Brutal. He institutes this area in practice called “The Pit.” Apparently he did this at Florida too. It’s where injured kids go and instead of receiving treatment and therapy, are punished and essentially tortured. It’s a way of “motivating” kids back to health.
Well, to cope with the pain of his injury and the pit, the kid becomes addicted to pain killers. The pain killers start to take a toll on his health and ability to study. Once things start to look bad, Urban cruelly tossed the kid overboard. By this time it’s 2005ish, Meyer has left, and this kid was still struggling with drug addiction and figuring out life. Career in sports over and scholarship lost. The dad said that if ever got a chance, he’d punch Meyer out for what he did to his son.

After hearing that I lost respect for Meyer. He never looked as great after hearing this as I remember when he took Utah to the top of the mountain in 2004. I’m glad Whitt is having success. He’s not perfect but I believe he’s a far better man.

Btw… it’s funny to read the fluff stories about meyer when he was winning now that we know what kind of sadistic douche he is:

Continual improvement is a major component in Meyer's philosophy. Idleness isn't tolerated, even by those sidelined with injuries.

Meyer, thus, created "The Pit." Instead of having injured players sit under a tent drinking water during practice, as he observed as a player at Cincinnati and as an assistant coach at Notre Dame, he found a way to make every trainer, manager, coach and player leave the practice field with a feeling of accomplishment.

"Players don't look at it as punishment," said Meyer. "That's their work."

Those sidelined with minor injuries and ailments spend practice in a marked-off area. Police tape is the current marker of choice. They do a variety of exercises under the watchful eye of trainers. Stationary bikes and weights are used, as are nontraditional items such as heavy chains and rocks.
"We got a saying," said Meyer. "Take care of The Pit or The Pit takes care of you."

Translation: There's no such thing as time off.

Once spring practice ensued in 2005, Meyer introduced The Pit. The basics here were simple: If you don't practice because of a minor injury, you're going to pay.

During Meyer's first practices at The Swamp, he made injured players in The Pit carry boulders up and down stairs. Others lugged around with gargantuan steel chains plastered over and around their shoulders.

"You would have rather been practicing," Cornelius said.

Making Injured players carry boulders is not a good idea.

Crazy story, growing up, we once had a chimney sweep come and install a cage on our chimney and clear the remains of some birds. We had an issue where a raccoon came and lived inside of our chimney and wood burning stove. His son was a star at springville high school and was recruited by Utah. He said Meyer was amazing when recruiting. This kid happily commits.
Unfortunately, early in the season this kid suffers a significant injury. I don’t remember what it was. Meyer was just brutal with injured kids. Brutal. He institutes this area in practice called “The Pit.” Apparently he did this at Florida too. It’s where injured kids go and instead of receiving treatment and therapy, are punished and essentially tortured. It’s a way of “motivating” kids back to health.
Well, to cope with the pain of his injury and the pit, the kid becomes addicted to pain killers. The pain killers start to take a toll on his health and ability to study. Once things start to look bad, Urban cruelly tossed the kid overboard. By this time it’s 2005ish, Meyer has left, and this kid was still struggling with drug addiction and figuring out life. Career in sports over and scholarship lost. The dad said that if ever got a chance, he’d punch Meyer out for what he did to his son.

After hearing that I lost respect for Meyer. He never looked as great after hearing this as I remember when he took Utah to the top of the mountain in 2004. I’m glad Whitt is having success. He’s not perfect but I believe he’s a far better man.
I was confused by your post because I thought Urban Meyer was the coach when the Utes went to the Sugar Bowl in 2008. Turns out I was wrong.

I was confused by your post because I thought Urban Meyer was the coach when the Utes went to the Sugar Bowl in 2008. Turns out I was wrong.
Haha no worries. I remember these dates well because
1. I was in high school and football and girls were life.
2. My dad was coaching high school ball.
3. I was sicker than a dog 2004 New Year’s Eve/day (lol don’t remember which). Whenever Alex smith and utah shredded Pitt.
4. 2008 was when Kyle made Urban cry. I had fairly recently come back from a mission and was excited to see good football.

I had to work in a restaurant that 2004 night. And I was hit hard damn hard with the flu. That’s the top 3 times I’ve been sick. Such a sore throat, so much pain, brutal. The only worse illness I’ve had was when I got the h1n1 in 2009-2010 that led to pneumonia. From mid December until mid April, ****ing sick.

Now that Meyer is knocked off his pedestal this may open the floodgates of accusations
This could get very ugly
This is so true. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear about affairs, Gruden like emails, and abuse from players.

I just read an ESPN article about Meyer and he sounds like a total POS who was tolerated because he was winning. I think he got to the NFL and thought he could treat players and assistant coaches like he did in college and turned out he was wrong. He wasn't dealing with kids looking for their big break, he was dealing with established athletes who were millionaires, had agents, had options and didn't need to play for a coach they didn't respect.