What's new

USU at Utah 2013

Surely

I am a USU fan so I haven't watched/heard much about Utah's football team this year. I have tickets to the game and I want to know who to look for on Utah's team. I know that since they haven't played yet this year it may be hard to say but please give me an idea of who you expect to be good and why.

If you care, perhaps you don't, but I think the people to watch on USU's team are obviously Keeton at qb, Kyler Fackrell at lb, Hill at rb and Mo Alexander at safety.

I am a USU fan so I haven't watched/heard much about Utah's football team this year. I have tickets to the game and I want to know who to look for on Utah's team. I know that since they haven't played yet this year it may be hard to say but please give me an idea of who you expect to be good and why.

If you care, perhaps you don't, but I think the people to watch on USU's team are obviously Keeton at qb, Kyler Fackrell at lb, Hill at rb and Mo Alexander at safety.

Trevor riley (de/lb)
Travis wilson (qb)
Dres anderson, kenneth scott (wr)
Jake murphy (te, maybe best player on the team)
I think they have one of those kruger brothers on the d line still and they are always good.

Trevor riley (de/lb)
Travis wilson (qb)
Dres anderson, kenneth scott (wr)
Jake murphy (te, maybe best player on the team)
I think they have one of those kruger brothers on the d line still and they are always good.

both gone. full new d-line this year

I'm excited to see what Kelvin York can do. He impressed me with limited touches last season. Going in as the #1 RB, it'll be cool to see how he does.

I'm excited to see what Kelvin York can do. He impressed me with limited touches last season. Going in as the #1 RB, it'll be cool to see how he does.

Yes he is an interesting one to watch.

The ute offensive line will be the real stars of the running game though.... I don't think it matters much who carries the ball, there will be holes opened by the line.
O-line might be the best position/unit on the team

Edut: I think the tight ends are the utes best position...... o-line second

Vegas has Utah at -2.5. O/U of 54. I kind of like the over on that one.

Can somebody link me to current depth charts of either team? Google is not coming through for me.

Riley Nelson....

I hear the coach has a hard on for this kid!!

You should pick him for fantasy football.... he is still a free agent if you can believe it

His little brother went 375, 4 touchdowns last night. I think there is another brother that is on a mission that is going to Utah State as a QB too.

His little brother went 375, 4 touchdowns last night. I think there is another brother that is on a mission that is going to Utah State as a QB too.

Rileys stats in high school were like best in high school history for the whole country or something (I could be wrong)

I think he had like 87 touchdowns in his sr year of high school!

Then he got to college and everyone found out he couldn't throw farther than 30 yards.

He should have been a safety maybe

As an Aggie fan, Riley going to BYU ended up being one of those things where it hurt at first but then you were glad he was gone. I still hate him though, if he could have hit a wide open Hoffman then we wouldn't have had to watch a crappy Notre Dame team get shellacked in the NC game... but that is for a different thread.

As for the game this Thursday, does anyone think weather could become a factor? I've noticed that starting Monday we are supposed to get some tropical moisture coming in. If a big storm hits and we get rain does that favor one team over the other?

As an Aggie fan, Riley going to BYU ended up being one of those things where it hurt at first but then you were glad he was gone. I still hate him though, if he could have hit a wide open Hoffman then we wouldn't have had to watch a crappy Notre Dame team get shellacked in the NC game... but that is for a different thread.

As for the game this Thursday, does anyone think weather could become a factor? I've noticed that starting Monday we are supposed to get some tropical moisture coming in. If a big storm hits and we get rain does that favor one team over the other?

I think rain favors the utes..... Big good O-line with a big running back + a young somewhat inexperienced qb (Wilson) and a defense with a suspect secondary.
I think the utes would want a grind it out, low scoring, run heavy game.

I stand in the Muss, bros.

I tailgate in "the pit" just west of the main tailgate lot. Usually don't start til like 10 hours before the game tho.

This post brought to you by UGLI baby