What's new

Utah before and after Dec. 17 - an infographic tale of two teams

karpasov

B_K-HhBUQAAihKV.0.jpg

From my post in SLCdunk -

It was exactly 25 years after the debut of The Simpsons, America's longest-running sitcom (and one of my all-time favorite TV shows). The Utah Jazz played in Miami – and won. However, that is not the point of this infographics. That day, as it turns out, maybe marks that definitive line between the "interim", lowly, mediocre Jazz team we have witnessed in the last three years and the new, rejuvenated, exciting team we dreamed about since the departure of Stockton and Malone. Well, statistically wise at least.

Yes, it happened in the middle of the season and not in the off-season, but still there are definite evidence that the prior Dec. 17th Jazz is a different team than it is after that "cosmic" date.

I collected the main statistic categories that demonstrate the exceptional change in the team's performance. As you may notice, the major factor that had changed is – defense efficiency. The rates of blocks, steals and rebounding are all improved. In addition, there is even a nice offensive surprise stat here – the 3pt% went up significantly, and it shows in the NBA ranking for that category (from 24th to 6th!)

Obviously there so many ways this team can and will improve, but as our eyes and hearts can tell – there is a proven new and strong identity to our team. I am sure that these improvements will show up in the wins columns this season and certainly in the next one.

We have a special team. Enjoy it!

I reccomend watching it in full quality and with the cool platform of Pictochart (check out their neat slideshow option).

Attachments

• B_K-HhBUQAAihKV.0.jpg
    B_K-HhBUQAAihKV.0.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 5