What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

That is why he posted that, yes

dd0.gif

Can someone explain to me how the Jazz are currently ranked 5th and have not clinched a playoff spot but the Clippers are 6th but have clinched a playoff spot. I don't get it because they have the exact record.

Can someone explain to me how the Jazz are currently ranked 5th and have not clinched a playoff spot but the Clippers are 6th but have clinched a playoff spot. I don't get it because they have the exact record.

It's confusing, Tony Jones explained it on twitter.

Nuggets vs rockets tonight
And clippers vs bucks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Doris knows her stuff. She is the type of color commentator Utah needs. Heck, offer her the #1 seat and get rid of Bolerhack. I guarantee Doris knows what a skip pass is and can tell whether a shooter is behind the arc or 5 ft in front of the line.

Looking at the stats, why should we care if we are 5th or 6th? Don't we want 4th so we play with homecourt advantage for once?

The Warriors are going to get the #1 seed with their remaining schedule. I don't want to be in the 4/5 matchup.

I watched a little bit of the Houston vs Denver game.
I don't want to play Houston. Harden and cp3 are nightmares for us. Capela matches up well with gobert. They have tons of depth.

Looking at the stats, why should we care if we are 5th or 6th? Don't we want 4th so we play with homecourt advantage for once?

It's all about matchups. Houston is a terrible matchup for us so if they finish 3rd then we need to finish 4th or 5th to avoid them in the first round and if they finish 4th or 5th then we would be better off finishing 6th or 7th.

It's all about matchups. Houston is a terrible matchup for us so if they finish 3rd then we need to finish 4th or 5th to avoid them in the first round and if they finish 4th or 5th then we would be better off finishing 6th or 7th.
I think Houston will finish 3rd and Portland 4th and us 5th.
So I hope Denver can get the #1 seed so we can avoid GS in round 2.

Of course every team 3-8 are so close that anything could happen

I think Houston will finish 3rd and Portland 4th and us 5th.
So I hope Denver can get the #1 seed so we can avoid GS in round 2.

Of course every team 3-8 are so close that anything could happen

Again, Denver has a tough schedule and is unlikely to end up the #1 seed. The best scenario might be for Portland to finish 3rd, Utah to finish 6th and Denver to finish 2nd. That would give us a first-round matchup with Portland and a second-round matchup with Denver.

I'm cool with playing the Warriors in the second round. Hopefully we'd give them a series... and then the narrative in the offseason can be that the Jazz are one piece away and have a real shot with KD leaving.

Again, Denver has a tough schedule and is unlikely to end up the #1 seed. The best scenario might be for Portland to finish 3rd, Utah to finish 6th and Denver to finish 2nd. That would give us a first-round matchup with Portland and a second-round matchup with Denver.
I think Houston is too good and Portland too injured for Portland to get 3 over Houston. So I don't want 6.
I would rather have 7 than 6 but I prefer we get to 4.

I'm cool with playing the Warriors in the second round. Hopefully we'd give them a series... and then the narrative in the offseason can be that the Jazz are one piece away and have a real shot with KD leaving.
Ya honestly winning a round equals success.

Jazz Clinch a playoff spot on Jerry's 77th birthday. That is 3 playoffs in the past 3 years and 3 out of 5 years for Quin. By my count the Jazz has made it to the playoffs 11 out of the past 16 seasons. And they haven't lost in the first round since Kobe and Pau Gasol whupped them in 2009.

Love this team.