What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

Agree with the two post above but come next season I think anything less than a WCF is a failure. It's time.
I won't think that getting to the second round next year and that's all as a failure but it would seem pretty meh. The West is tough. There will be a bunch of great teams to have to get through once again. Never know about injuries and whatnot too.

I have no problem with your thoughts of anything less than wcf being a failure though. I can see that side too. Hopefully we have an all star or two next year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Caruso auditioning for a Jazz position? Has a very good game against Utah in a losing effort, then does the Jazz a huge favor by scoring 32 against the Clippers, all but handing the Jazz at least the #5 spot.

Caruso auditioning for a Jazz position? Has a very good game against Utah in a losing effort, then does the Jazz a huge favor by scoring 32 against the Clippers, all but handing the Jazz at least the #5 spot.

The secret’s in the ‘stache. I find him an intriguing prospect for the Jazz though. Plus all the fun he would bring to this board.

I won't think that getting to the second round next year and that's all as a failure but it would seem pretty meh. The West is tough. There will be a bunch of great teams to have to get through once again. Never know about injuries and whatnot too.

I have no problem with your thoughts of anything less than wcf being a failure though. I can see that side too. Hopefully we have an all star or two next year.

I'd say a failure would be Lindsey striking out in free agency and feeding us the same old ******** about internal development. Hard not to be a fan of the team because of Rudy, Donovan and Joe, but that would make it tough.

I'd say a failure would be Lindsey striking out in free agency and feeding us the same old ******** about internal development. Hard not to be a fan of the team because of Rudy, Donovan and Joe, but that would make it tough.

I agree that it’s time for Lindsey to become more adventurous.

Like I said, feels like a five-gamer. But no way I’m gonna let myself feel overconfident and set up for a huge letdown.

Even if Gobert was styling on Kanter at both ends all game I’d still be clutching my pearls anytime Lillard had the ball. Especially at our place, how much hate is he really gonna get? It will probably be the perfect mix of appreciation and loudness from the crowd, he’ll thrive on it.

Weber State fans aren't like BYU fans; they'll cheer for Lillard during player introductions, but root for the Jazz once the game starts.

Agreed.

Weber State fans aren't like BYU fans; they'll cheer for Lillard during player introductions, but root for the Jazz once the game starts.
And to be fair, lillard in college wasn't like jimmer in college either.

Also, how many Weber State fans are at jazz games compared to how many byu fans are at jazz games? There is simply a huge difference in numbers when comparing the two fanbases of the two schools. Different levels of passion between the two fanbases too I would guess.

Not happening. Kevin Love is plan B. As much as everyone is excited about Favors having a career year, DL will move forward with Love.

Call me satisfied if the Jazz go for a 50+ win season, gets out of the 1st round and at least give the current champs a bit of trouble.
Mm, count me as happy in that case, but deeply deeply unsatisfied.

Not happening. Kevin Love is plan B. As much as everyone is excited about Favors having a career year, DL will move forward with Love.
If you pull a Ball and talk this into existence you need to have your account here not just deactivated but burned in a smoldering heap of digital garbage. Stop talking about it Jynxy McJynxface

If you pull a Ball and talk this into existence you need to have your account here not just deactivated but burned in a smoldering heap of digital garbage. Stop talking about it Jynxy McJynxface

If Love is all we get I’ll vomit.
I’m willing to stake my reputation on it. I’m not saying it’s for sure happening, but what I am saying is that it’s the most probable of any summer happening, and I feel the odds are pretty high. Other plans are based on what other people choose, and with everyone else’s current situations, I’m just not seeing anyone opting to come here. We also maintain more flexibility if we operate above the cap.

Question: What do we do if Harris stays, Milwaukee retains Middleton and Brogdon, and Kemba re-signs or heads to NY or LA? Genuine question. What would everyone do? Are we content with a Dragic? Are we content dropping both Ricky and Derrick to spend some of those FA dollars on the leftovers?

Great pressure is on DL. The can of flexibility has been kicked to a final destination, and it’s do-or-die. Based on what he’s seeing, he was ready to cash all that flexibility in for Mike Conley. If we get a day or two into the moratorium and nobody wants to dance, it’s hello Kevin Love.

Tl;dr DL can’t come away from this summer empty handed, and Kevin Love allows being able to argue that we brought in a 5-time all-star, allowed us to retain Ricky, gave us a legit scoring option, and someone who can space the floor. It’s not all bad, and I expect at some point most people would warm up to it, just as they did Conley.

Last edited:
Denver is probably conceding that they won't get the #1 seed. I might argue that Denver would probably prefer to play Portland in the 2nd round instead of Houston, so they're trying to help Portland get the #3 seed. However, Denver is at risk of being caught in the standings by Houston, unless Denver holds that tie-breaker.

Edit: Houston has the tie-breaker.

Last edited: