What's new

Utah Jazz 2018-19 Championship Bus CHOO CHOO

Tonight's games will decide a lot of the playoff seeding. Spurs nuggets and rockets clippers can potentially cause teams resting stars down the road.

I absolutely hate watching Harden, bro. I don't think it's because he's on the Rockets (or any specific team, really). I think it's 100% because of his style of play.
I already get sick of seeing Jae miss more threes than he should because he’s focused on falling down. I guess, though, I may feel different if there were more whistles.

I absolutely hate watching Harden, bro. I don't think it's because he's on the Rockets (or any specific team, really). I think it's 100% because of his style of play.
So even though the consensus for Non-Rocket fans is that they hate Harden, and consensus for all Rocket fans is that they love Harden.

You think Rocket fans are just a crazy breed. And if people who hate Harden suddenly had him on their team they would still hate him? Would Rocket fans still love him if he wasn’t in Houston?

Not worth arguing about, but I don’t buy it for a second. 67 win seasons, WCF game 7 against the best team ever, historically great statistical years. We’d take it.

Defending Harden becomes like a mental game, when he does the multiple dribble between his legs you think "alright, the slight step back to the right and three is coming", but if you anticipate the move too soon he will drive to the left or pull something else out of the hat. But I agree, Harden would seem like a strange fit here with how Quin likes to orchestrate the offense. You adjust to players like that I guess.

So even though the consensus for Non-Rocket fans is that they hate Harden, and consensus for all Rocket fans is that they love Harden.

You think Rocket fans are just a crazy breed. And if people who hate Harden suddenly had him on their team they would still hate him? Would Rocket fans still love him if he wasn’t in Houston?

Not worth arguing about, but I don’t buy it for a second. 67 win seasons, WCF game 7 against the best team ever, historically great statistical years. We’d take it.
If you're looking at things from a general view, then every mass of sports fans is a strange breed. So, yes.

A large part of Harden's attacks and counterattacks are built around appealing to the referees for fouls. Another large part is dribbling and jacking unassisted shots. I'm really not into either of those things. Should we talk about defense next?

I appreciate that Harden is skilled. But given the choice to watch him or, say, Curry.... it's Curry 10 times.

If you're looking at things from a general view, then every mass of sports fans is a strange breed. So, yes.

A large part of Harden's attacks and counterattacks are built around appealing to the referees for fouls. Another large part is dribbling and jacking unassisted shots. I'm really not into either of those things. Should we talk about defense next?

I appreciate that Harden is skilled. But given the choice to watch him or, say, Curry.... it's Curry 10 times.

I'd rather watch Curry than any other current superstar.

tenor.gif

Lol well absolutely no argument there, Curry is the dream player to play for your own team. Imagine if he was our PG, my god. I day dream about it sometimes.

Hardens is talented and skilled beyond belief, and the underrated aspect is that he is a basketball genius and sees the floor amazingly well. He is always in complete control. If you watched him everyday and cheered when those shots were falling instead of the opposite, I have no doubt people would appreciate him way more. Even if you don’t like the way he utilizes his insane skill and intelligence to get fouled a bunch during a game, he still wins. And that would endear him to any fan base imo.

I agree with both NAOS and Bawse Dawg here. If Harden played for us, we would both dislike some of what he did, and cheer wildly for him and defend him while he brought us victories. Humans never have a problem with these sorts of contradictions.

tenor.gif

Lol well absolutely no argument there, Curry is the dream player to play for your own team. Imagine if he was our PG, my god. I day dream about it sometimes.

Hardens is talented and skilled beyond belief, and the underrated aspect is that he is a basketball genius and sees the floor amazingly well. He is always in complete control. If you watched him everyday and cheered when those shots were falling instead of the opposite, I have no doubt people would appreciate him way more. Even if you don’t like the way he utilizes his insane skill and intelligence to get fouled a bunch during a game, he still wins. And that would endear him to any fan base imo.
I'm not shifting the goal posts. Perhaps you have a bad premise? Masses of fans will flock to winning? Well, yeah. EVERY FAN will flock to winning? No.

Harden ain't my kind of fighter. Sorry.

Curry was just an example. I think the language I used made that clear. Here's a list of players I'd rather watch than Harden (I'm going to give myself less than a minute to do this, so the list will not be complete):

Curry
Durant
Kawhi
LeBron
Mitchell
Gobert
Ingles
Irving
Tatum
Simmons
Embiid
Jokic
Lowry
Lillard
Doncic
Fox
ETC

Hey, Jamaal Tinsley anyone? The way he charged with one leg ahead of him to get past half court? That’s gold right there, guis. You know the action I’m talking about.

I agree with both NAOS and Bawse Dawg here. If Harden played for us, we would both dislike some of what he did, and cheer wildly for him and defend him while he brought us victories. Humans never have a problem with these sorts of contradictions.
This.
He would bother me if he played for the jazz, but bother me much much less and I would cheer for him as he drops 50 on an almost nightly basis and we contend for championships.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hey, Jamaal Tinsley anyone? The way he charged with one leg ahead of him to get past half court? That’s gold right there, guis. You know the action I’m talking about.

Would rather watch Harden than Jamaal Tinsley. So there's that. :D

How many here that hate watching Harden against the Jazz would love him to play with the Jazz?

I would hate him on the Jazz. I'd rather be a Suns fan than have Harden on my team.

I'm not shifting the goal posts. Perhaps you have a bad premise?

My premise is that David Sterns post was BS. And you’ve done nothing that tells me you would hate Harden if he was on your team, much less would rather be a Suns fan.

So unless you disagree with that, then let’s end it.

I'm not shifting the goal posts. Perhaps you have a bad premise? Masses of fans will flock to winning? Well, yeah. EVERY FAN will flock to winning? No.

Harden ain't my kind of fighter. Sorry.

Curry was just an example. I think the language I used made that clear. Here's a list of players I'd rather watch than Harden (I'm going to give myself less than a minute to do this, so the list will not be complete):

Curry
Durant
Kawhi
LeBron
Mitchell
Gobert
Ingles
Irving
Tatum
Simmons
Embiid
Jokic
Lowry
Lillard
Doncic
Fox
ETC

Giannis is amazing. I like watching PG as well. It's really only Harden that bores the **** out of me.

My premise is that David Sterns post was BS. And you’ve done nothing that tells me you would hate Harden if he was on your team, much less would rather be a Suns fan.

So unless you disagree with that, then let’s end it.
I would continue hating Harden if he were on the team I rooted for. The only thing I can offer you as proof is that I've literally stopped watching all other sports besides the Jazz, and that's entirely because I'm not making time anymore for the spectacle, drama, and all the other ******** (see NCAA, NFL, for example... I no longer watch either) that has happened within and around the other teams I had been following.

If the Jazz acquired Harden, he would cure me entirely.

Ok, we can end it now. Or after one more post from you, if that's what you want.