What's new

Utah Jazz Draftboard 2011

When Barnes, Sullinger and others return to school rather than sitting on the sidelines during the lockout, the draft board is going to suck.

Hahaha, welcoming aren't you guys. Sorry you didn't like my article.

I enjoyed your article. I hope these players are as good as your article says they will be. If the Jazz can get these players then we will have something to get excited about for next year. (It's sad that this season is not over and we're already looking forward to this coming fall).

1. Kyrie Irving
2. Derrick Williams
3. Harrison Barnes
4. Brandon Knight
5. Jared Sullinger
6. Kemba Walker
7. Perry Jones
8. Jonas Valanciunas
9. Alec Burks
10. Terrence Jones
11. John Henson
12. Enes Kanter

Thought I'd put that together real quick before retiring to the woods for the evening.

Kanter is no way going lower than 6,his nike summit hoops game is enough reason for that, and sullinger wont enter this years draft

Kanter is no way going lower than 6,his nike summit hoops game is enough reason for that, and sullinger wont enter this years draft
This is my JAZZ draft board, not a mock draft. That's how I rank the players FOR THE JAZZ 1 - 12.

After reading The Bleacher Report blog, I'm thoroughly convinced all 12 players will be in the Hall of Fame within 5 years.

I like the Idea of drafting Barns and B. Knight. And I don't want to get reemed for this but Resigning Ak to a reasonable contract like 3-4 years for 6-8 Million. Then trading him for some youth and draft picks.

But I like the idea of trading Harris and Millsap for Lawson, Gallenari, and Gary Forbes. Gives Denver a great team to build with in Felton, Affalo, Chandler, Millsap, Nene with a strong bench. And throws Utah that much closer to building a contender, by giving Favors enough minutes to develop, alongside Big Al.

Then I'd Use a pick a P. Jones, B. Knight. Bring over Tomic, resign Fez like 3 years 5.5 million.

Lawson, Miles, Gallenari, Favors, Jefferson
Knight, Forbes, Hayward, Jones, Tomic
end of the bench Weavers, Fez, and a young big like M. Cousins from the d League. I just like this team beacuse its youth and team to get excited about. Its after teh model of a yound Thunder team. Then you add 2 more Lotto picks in 2012 and you have a cheap team build to be a contender in 2-3 years!

What leads you to believe Hayward isn't super athletic? His vertical? Length? Explosiveness? Please fill us in on what makes someone athletic? Please support it by referring to his combine numbers.

Wow, way to take what I saw way out of context. I never said Barnes (or Hayward) arent athletic. I simply said they arent super athletes, or part of the athletic elite (in the NBA) as far as wing players go. When I think super athletic I think Lebron, Wade, Kobe (young kobe), Carter, etc. Players who are explosive both with the first step and jumping ability.

When people compare Barnes to Kobe, they mean his offensive game is really diverse and strong. His athletic ability isnt on Kobe's level.

HMMMMMMMMM Best case scenerio is that Barnes would become like a Kobe. I think Kobe is a little on the athletic side wouldn't you say?

*Palms face* Just because people are comparing him to Kobe doesnt mean every facet of his game is like Kobe's. The comparisons come from him being a super polished offensive player coming out of HS.

Wow, way to take what I saw way out of context. I never said Barnes (or Hayward) arent athletic. I simply said they arent super athletes, or part of the athletic elite (in the NBA) as far as wing players go. When I think super athletic I think Lebron, Wade, Kobe (young kobe), Carter, etc. Players who are explosive both with the first step and jumping ability.

When people compare Barnes to Kobe, they mean his offensive game is really diverse and strong. His athletic ability isnt on Kobe's level.

It was an honest question. I wasn't trying to be snarky. I didn't realize you were talking about elite, top-25, level players.