What's new

Utah Jazz Give JERRELLE BENIMON a 10 Day Contract

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
6'8 PF who is 23 years old. Averaged 20 and 11 in the D-League with 4 assist per game.

Utah Jazz: Giving hope to D-League players everywhere.

*Pending* Will happen once Cotton and Cooley's contracts expire.

I wonder what the strategy is? Are we just getting guys into to practice? spreading the wealth? does DL get a bonus for sign X number of players a year?

6'8 PF who is 23 years old. Averaged 20 and 11 in the D-League with 4 assist per game.

Utah Jazz: Giving hope to D-League players everywhere.

*Pending* Will happen once Cotton and Cooley's contracts expire.

homeytennis gettin' scooped.

This is smart... Get everyone in who you think has potential... You find a good rotation player on the cheap and it's a huge bonus to the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRJCJQE8smU

Played with Cooley in Idaho. Seems like a really good passer.

Just noticed Cotton was in this video too.

Last edited:
This is smart... Get everyone in who you think has potential... You find a good rotation player on the cheap and it's a huge bonus to the team.

I've been a fan of this tactic as well. You never know what you might find.

Ironic they mention Kyle Anderson in the above video because Benimon seems to have passing skills similar to him. And although Anderson is a SF and taller than Benimon, Benimon is of course more athletic than slow-mo.

I wonder what the strategy is? Are we just getting guys into to practice? spreading the wealth? does DL get a bonus for sign X number of players a year?

Probably to find players who can stick like e sap and ingles.

Sounds like Cooley will be sent back down. He was signed by the Stamps when Cooley hurt his thumb in the first game. He started at Georgetown and transferred to Towson State. I thought Cooley is a better player for what it's worth.

Sounds like Cooley will be sent back down. He was signed by the Stamps when Cooley hurt his thumb in the first game. He started at Georgetown and transferred to Towson State. I thought Cooley is a better player for what it's worth.

Really??? I've never warmed up to the idea of Cooley, tbh. Can't shoot, can't pass, seems like a stiff who isn't very athletic.

This guy at least seems like he knows what's going on on the floor. Passing it like Diaw lite.

Really??? I've never warmed up to the idea of Cooley, tbh. Can't shoot, can't pass, seems like a stiff who isn't very athletic.

This guy at least seems like he knows what's going on on the floor. Passing it like Diaw lite.

You just say that because Locke made Cooley sound like the fat kid they stuck out in right field and batted last.

Seems like a poor man's Diaw. I guess he provides some mass for when Evans is getting out muscled.

Trying to find the big equivalent of Elijah Millsap.

It's nice we're giving these guys a look. They make more on one 10-day contract than they do for the season in the DLeague. Jazz doing their part to aid in the economic recovery. Tattoo parlors and bling dealers rejoice!

You just say that because Locke made Cooley sound like the fat kid they stuck out in right field and batted last.

Did you watch him play in the few minutes he got a chance?
When I played baseball, the fat guy was usually a catcher. I think he batted 8th. But I played right field and batted last in Little League. I was horrible at baseball.

Extended tryouts for next year's Summer League and training camp. It's going to be a bloodbath to earn a spot inthe Jazz next year.