What's new

Utah Jazz Interested in Former DUIClone DeAndre "Cocaine" Kane

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/236109/DeAndre-Kane-Drawing-Interest-From-Celtics-Kings-Jazz

deandre-kane-ncaa-basketball-ncaa-tournament-iowa-state-practice-590x900.jpg

"I will go to Utah if Otto Porter is there"

Reactions: 8
He's 6'4". Which I find interesting, because he could play next to Exum and then defend the PG.

I liked him last season. I love his tenacity.

I was hoping he'd get a training camp invite from Utah.

Jazz waive Toure Murry then are rumored to be interested in a player very similar to Toure Murry.

Nice.

Jazz waive Toure Murry then are rumored to be interested in a player very similar to Toure Murry.

Nice.

He has a contract in Europe for the remainder of the season. At best he'd be a summer league invite.

+ Played at the greatest university in the world
+ Played in the style of offense that Quin is trying to implement
+ Solid defender (Good athlete laterally, good straight-line speed, and strong, strong man)
+ Can score in the post

- Bad shooting (threes, midrange, finishing at the rack, FTs!!!)
- Suspect handle (can pressure him into losing the ball)
- Not very explosive
- Not the greatest vision on drives, not an adept finisher, RH dude, TO's

Def think Kane is better, but they are the same kind of player,

I know absolutely zero about Toure Murry.

Kane would probably be the strongest perimeter dude on the team if he were signed doe. That's gotta count for something. Even if it's to only pound on Exum and Burke in practice.

If Murry can't hold Kane's jock, then what of Wes Matthews' can't Kane hold?

Wes is a FA....

If Murry can't hold Kane's jock, then what of Wes Matthews' can't Kane hold?

Wes is a FA....

If Kane was a player of Wes's caliber he'd be on an NBA team. This is just end of the bench fodder with the potential to work hard and get minimal minutes.

Besides, the Jazz have to suck for a while to get Jaylen Brown, as foretold by the prophecy.

+ Played at the greatest university in the world
+ Played in the style of offense that Quin is trying to implement
+ Solid defender (Good athlete laterally, good straight-line speed, and strong, strong man)
+ Can score in the post

- Bad shooting (threes, midrange, finishing at the rack, FTs!!!)
- Suspect handle (can pressure him into losing the ball)
- Not very explosive
- Not the greatest vision on drives, not an adept finisher, RH dude, TO's

Dude also went to Marshall which is like 30 minutes from where I live.

He can score, unlike "Mitch n Murry".

Pretty sure he flipped the bird at BYU fans a few years back when he either fouled out or was ejected. Can't remember which...

Stay classy San Diego.

Pretty sure he flipped the bird at BYU fans a few years back when he either fouled out or was ejected. Can't remember which...

Stay classy San Diego.

did the BYU Brethren fight him with fairness and justice and fists and cheap shots? I mean, if they did... it's only natural. I've played lotsa sports so I understand. You and me, brough. :fistbump:

Stay classy San Diego.

He "flipped the bird" on the sacred religious ground that is the BYU basketball court? He's a hardened criminal! Stay away from him!