What's new

Utah Jazz is officially the best defensive team in the NBA

jjscap

Utah Jazz have surpassed the Celtics to become NBA's #1 defensive team.

NBA.com Defensive Ratings
2wD0E4q.jpg

A bit lucky in the end, the Celtics ran out of gas in the last few games but hey we had injuries early on, pretty awesome though and I think this all but guarantees DPOY for Gobert : He is the linchpin of the NBA's best defense. That puts any discussion to rest.

Ummm...both teams have 1 game to go. Boston plays Brooklyn. Utah is at Portland. Looks like a razor thin lead for Utah. Boston may very well end up at #1.

Ummm...both teams have 1 game to go. Boston plays Brooklyn. Utah is at Portland. Looks like a razor thin lead for Utah. Boston may very well end up at #1.
I like our chances. BKN is #11 offensive team last 15 games. POR vs UTA should be tighter defensively.

one game is a non game where end of benches play, could end up as a no grit 120-115. The other is a tight pre playoff game for teams going for the best possible seed, should be more of a 102-97 affair... But yes it is still not done at all. If BKN lays an egg or POR gets hot from 3. Still pretty cool to have climbed all the way back up though.

Last night's performance was championship level. GS scored 79 pts and our starters did not play in the fourth quarter. Rudy is without a doubt the DPOY. He should have been last year. I hope Rudy releases the beast tonight and shows the USA that he is DPOY.

A bit lucky in the end, the Celtics ran out of gas in the last few games but hey we had injuries early on, pretty awesome though and I think this all but guarantees DPOY for Gobert : He is the linchpin of the NBA's best defense. That puts any discussion to rest.
Lucky? Gobert played 55 games.

UTA was #14 defensive team in January when Rudy returned from injury. They've climbed up patiently and eventually have taken #1 tonight.
Well, I've been waiting for this moment for a while lol

Boston plays Brooklyn tonight. No reason for Boston to try too hard or play their main guys. Hopefully the Nets drop some points on them.

Any updates?

If NBA.com is correct right now then Boston finished 1st with a 101.5 defensive rating and the Jazz finished close behind in 2nd at 101.6. No big deal though. We were truly the best defensive team. When Rudy plays our defense has an absurd rating. If I recall correctly it's been around 94 or 95 since his returm.

Lucky? Gobert played 55 games.

I know ! Still what I meant is that even with Gobert coming back, had Boston not run out of steam at the end of the season with their injuries as well, it wouldn't had been that close. Teams and people can be unlucky or lucky at different times right ? We were unlucky to have gobert injured, we were lucky to have Boston run out of steam. It's not incompatible.