What's new

Utah Jazz Ownership Restructured and Placed in Family Trust

So instead of one owner it will be owned by corporate legacy trust. ( kind of multiple owners under one name).

Salt Lake Tribune - Utah Jazz ownership to be restructured, placed in a family trust

The Utah Jazz are holding a 1:30 p.m. press conference on Monday to announce that the team is reorganzing its ownership.The Jazz, a subsidiary of the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, will be split off from the parent company and placed in what The Salt Lake Tribune has learned will be a family-administered trust.This story will be updated as details become available.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/4853754-155/utah-jazz-ownership-to-be-restructured

Gail (cont.)

This symbolizes our love for the greatest community in the world. This represents passing the ball to future generations of famliiy, friends, and community--many of whom we will never meet. Larry wanted to be remembered as a man that loved Utah, and hopefully that is how the entire family will be viewed.

The Utah Jazz and the Larry H. Miller Group announced today that the arena and the Jazz have been transferred into a family legacy trust and reiterated the team's commitment to staying in Utah! The focus is to "use the resource to attract the top talent ... and remains in, and benefits, Utah."

Will that make getting into luxury tax more or less likely?

Greg Miller

Legacy trust is as close to a guarantee of perpetual ownership that there can be. Goal is to win championships and give generations entertainment.

The bald dude is the better public speaker

edit: 2nd bald dude showed up. bald dude with the beard

This is awesome. The Miller's love for the team and what it means for the community is coming through so strongly. Steve Miller was just great.

So can we pay taxes as a state to the Jazz that will allow us to go over the luxury tax and keep all of our players?

Anyone else notices the young kid in the bottom right corner, who's bored to the point that he starts yawning? :D

This is all occurring so we can keep Ingles. Clearly.

I hear that Ingles' agent will be added to the Board of Trustees, guaranteeing that Ingles will be re-signed on a cheap contract.

They are currently on the phone with Hayward's agent.

I'm very jealous as an Edmontonian when I see how much the Millers care about SLC, and Utah with their sports team.

Our Edmonton Oilers have a greater legacy, just as devoted of a fanbase, and I cannot think of a more ****ty, entitled front office.

You guys have no idea how lucky you have it over there.

Our ****ing ownership threatened to move to Seattle until we agreed to pay a king's ransom for our arena.