What's new

Utah Jazz should look to add Dion Waiters

Lakers_Slapper

24 years old who is coming off of a bad season in OKC while posting career low 10 PPG, but also a career high from 3 point range shooting 36%. He was in a tough position in OKC and they have recently rescinded his extension offer making him a UFA. Jazz could use him to add depth to our lineup behind Burks and also give him a competitive match up. His addition would make Burks rise to the occasion and earn his starting spot every night. As long as we got him for the right $$$. After teams went buck wild for free agency, and then Adam Silver declared that the future cap for next year was going to be $4 million less than originally projected, teams are not going to make the same insane offers on UFA's remaining this year. Although there will still be some head-scratcher signings, I think that most teams will not want to limit themselves for anticipation of the 2018 free agency which could be even bigger. Dion Waiters will add experience, depth and a new beginning to his basketball career that is in desperate need of a jump start after playing behind a stat stuffed-usage lineup of Westbrook and Durant. If we want to be active in the free agency, this is the splash we have been waiting for.

Where would he get minutes? We already have Hayward, Hood, JJ, Burks and Ingles on the wings. All of them deserving of minutes. And we're likely to see Exum and Hill on the court together at times. There aren't enough minutes for another wing like Waiters.

Where would he get minutes? We already have Hayward, Hood, JJ, Burks and Ingles on the wings. All of them deserving of minutes. And we're likely to see Exum and Hill on the court together at times. There aren't enough minutes for another wing like Waiters.

Hayward, Hood at SF can rotate like they have been. JJ, 3rd string, Burks Starting as he should. Ingles, would never see minutes in the NBA, but because he's on the Jazz he does. Hill is a PG to have his minutes combines with Exum, again, not a big deal. Bring him in behind Burks and keep Ingles on the 3rd string where he should be, I don't see the problem. Your naming guys that will mainly play another position outside of SG. We need depth at the SG position, it works out great.

Except for the fact that he's not a good NBA basketball player yet plays like he's Klay Thompson.

Well that doesn't make any sense. Let me repeat your quote, "Except for the fact that he's not a good NBA basketball player yet plays like he's Klay Thompson. I would say that he isn't a bad basketball player, and if he played like he was Klay Thompson, as you stated, than yes, he would be as valuable as Klay Thompson. However, Klay Thompson is a player that very few play like, including Klay Thompson. Yes I'm saying that Klay Thompson can or cannot play like himself. It was very odd for you to respond to that because he had nothing to do with why the Jazz would sign Waiters. If he played like Klay Thompson, he never would have made it this far into free agency, would he? Someone is reading this and about to post a Lebron James not signing with the Cavs yet, remark. Dont do it, because no point would be made from that either. Your response while reading made me envision that you were typing that response while on a farm with a cheek full of copenhagen causing your words to go awry. Klay Thompson has nothing to do with my post. If he played like Klay Thompson, that would change everything wouldn't it????????????????? What a stupid thing to say.

Not a Jazz type player... (not DL/Quin/Spurs type player) ... in fact Waiters' the opposite... so this will never happen.

Listen at 1.50 - 4.20 min from the video below and you'll know what I mean (Popovich talks about what type of players he wants in his team)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZTPtENQCY

No thanks to Waiters. We already have Burks.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

This.
No to waiters.
Seems like a bad attitude headcase type too

Hayward, Hood at SF can rotate like they have been. JJ, 3rd string, Burks Starting as he should. Ingles, would never see minutes in the NBA, but because he's on the Jazz he does. Hill is a PG to have his minutes combines with Exum, again, not a big deal. Bring him in behind Burks and keep Ingles on the 3rd string where he should be, I don't see the problem. Your naming guys that will mainly play another position outside of SG. We need depth at the SG position, it works out great.

I was just naming our wings as a whole. Not many minutes, if any, are available to anyone who might join the roster at SG or SF. Hood is our starting SG. He's passed by Burks on the depth chart. And that's probably a good thing. Burks is the backup for two major reasons, 1. He can't stay healthy. And 2. His skill set is perfect in a sixth man role. Coming off the bench against other second units he is a dangerous offensive weapon. JJ is our main backup to Hayward at SF most likely. He's a multi time all star and still an effective player. He didn't come here to be 3rd string and the Jazz aren't paying him 11/12 million per year to be 3rd string.

I don't want him on the jazz. At all. But he did have some good moments in the series against the Warriors.

will play for the nets? will give him a lot of money

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

If he was as good as he thinks he is I'd give him the max...

24 years old who is coming off of a bad season in OKC while posting career low 10 PPG, but also a career high from 3 point range shooting 36%. He was in a tough position in OKC and they have recently rescinded his extension offer making him a UFA. Jazz could use him to add depth to our lineup behind Burks and also give him a competitive match up. His addition would make Burks rise to the occasion and earn his starting spot every night. As long as we got him for the right $$$. After teams went buck wild for free agency, and then Adam Silver declared that the future cap for next year was going to be $4 million less than originally projected, teams are not going to make the same insane offers on UFA's remaining this year. Although there will still be some head-scratcher signings, I think that most teams will not want to limit themselves for anticipation of the 2018 free agency which could be even bigger. Dion Waiters will add experience, depth and a new beginning to his basketball career that is in desperate need of a jump start after playing behind a stat stuffed-usage lineup of Westbrook and Durant. If we want to be active in the free agency, this is the splash we have been waiting for.

jazzfanz no longer believes in creating a competitive environment and making players earn their minutes. Good troll job though.

Dion Waiters is a talented scorer. He can score the ball for sure. But he IS NOT a 'character guy'? He was booted from Cleveland... didn't work in OKC... I suspect he will have a career path that is similar to Eric Gordon and Enes Kanter. They can put the ball in the net... but are more of a negative asset for your squad.

Dion Waiters would be 4 steps back at the SG. Ingles does more for the squad in the locker room, the bus trips, the plane trips, the practice court, and the few games where he lights up the Aussie BBQ. Waiters would score more in games, but be a negative in the locker room, the bus trips, the plane trips, and the practice court.

Not only a pass but a ripe ol' haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalynooooooooooooo!

Dion Waiters is a talented scorer. He can score the ball for sure. But he IS NOT a 'character guy'? He was booted from Cleveland... didn't work in OKC... I suspect he will have a career path that is similar to Eric Gordon and Enes Kanter. They can put the ball in the net... but are more of a negative asset for your squad.

Dion Waiters would be 4 steps back at the SG. Ingles does more for the squad in the locker room, the bus trips, the plane trips, the practice court, and the few games where he lights up the Aussie BBQ. Waiters would score more in games, but be a negative in the locker room, the bus trips, the plane trips, and the practice court.

Not only a pass but a ripe ol' haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalynooooooooooooo!

He did not start in his two college years. The Cavs drafted him before Damion Lillard and then gave up on him for a couple of role players. Now OKC is thinking he is as much of a prospect as Morris Almond. I don't think I would touch him with the business end of a geiger counter.