What's new

Utah Jazz starting 5 is a full year younger than BYU starting 5.

The Blue Elephant

Utah Jazz Starting Lineup - March 12th vs Houston Rockets
C Rudy Gobert - 22.26
F Derrick Favors - 23.24
F Gordon Hayward - 24.36
G Rodney Hood - 22.14
G Dante Exum - 19.24
Average Age = 22.25

BYU Mens Basketball Starting Lineup - March 10th vs Gonzaga
C Corbin Kaufusi - 21.91
F Josh Sharp - 24.76
F Chase Fischer - 22.1
G Tyler Haws - 23.92
G Kyle Collinsworth - 23.44
Average Age = 23.23

Ok it is .98 years younger but w/e.

Also Dante Exum is the youngest starting pg in the entire state. Weber State starts a freshmen as well but Dante is younger.

Credit goes to https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/commen...not_have_the_oldest_starting_lineup/?sort=top

Utah Jazz Starting Lineup - March 12th vs Houston Rockets
C Rudy Gobert - 22.26
F Derrick Favors - 23.24
F Gordon Hayward - 24.36
G Rodney Hood - 22.14
G Dante Exum - 19.24
Average Age = 22.25

BYU Mens Basketball Starting Lineup - March 10th vs Gonzaga
C Corbin Kaufusi - 21.91
F Josh Sharp - 24.76
F Chase Fischer - 22.1
G Tyler Haws - 23.92
G Kyle Collinsworth - 23.44
Average Age = 23.23

Ok it is .98 years younger but w/e.

Also Dante Exum is the youngest starting pg in the entire state. Weber State starts a freshmen as well but Dante is younger.

Credit goes to https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/commen...not_have_the_oldest_starting_lineup/?sort=top

This tells me that if this team is having this kind of success at this young age. We don't need any high priced free agents. This team needs to stay together continue to build team chemistry and become a well oiled machine on both sides of the ball. This is a young team learning to play the game the right way like sloan's or Pops Teams who's cores were together for a long time

This tells me that if this team is having this kind of success at this young age. We don't need any high priced free agents. This team needs to stay together continue to build team chemistry and become a well oiled machine on both sides of the ball. This is a young team learning to play the game the right way like sloan's or Pops Teams who's cores were together for a long time

Plus, when the cap jumps, these boys are going to need to be paid. If the Jazz max out on guys who aren't a part of the future core, they could easily run into a situation where they lose one of them.

Plus, when the cap jumps, these boys are going to need to be paid. If the Jazz max out on guys who aren't a part of the future core, they could easily run into a situation where they lose one of them.

Jazz cap situation is actually pretty good don't you think?

The only guy in the core not signed for more than 2 years is Gobert. But Jazz should have enough to sign him easily.

Last edited:
He's restricted, right?

He will get extended long before then. He's not going to take his QO at probably around 3 M when there may be close to 25 Million on the table (if he gets 2 All-stars with the Derrick Rose Rule, about 22 Million if he doesn't end up qualifying). Can't leave 20 million on the table and risk injury to sign a lesser deal with some other team.

Too bad those numbers aren't right.

Hayward turns 25 in less than 2 weeks, how is he only 24.36 year old?

Not sure on the rest of your ages, but not confident you got them right.

I think this just an anomoly in the data sets. I think you should compare again next year and the year after to see the data holds.

Yes, something's messed up with B-Ref's age data. Tried to use it before, but noticed that none of the decimals really go past .4 for some reason. You'd have to do the actual calculations or find a correct site rather than use B-Ref's age data.

maybe the cougars could beat the jazz?

lol @ reddit fail. i dont think anyone even brings up the fact that the data is incorrect in the thousands of comments there, yet it was brought up here within a handful of posts. #JFC

maybe the cougars could beat the jazz?

lol @ reddit fail. i dont think anyone even brings up the fact that the data is incorrect in the thousands of comments there, yet it was brought up here within a handful of posts. #JFC

Ya I have to give credit to cy on that one. Reddit usually prides themselves on being a nerdy/smart website. Everyone there is what I call a "wikipedia scholar" because people there think they are experts at stuff but they know basic elementary knowledge that doesn't go much beyond wikipedia.

Brigham bless the missionaries. Nothing like sitting in college Freshman Spanish class with a bunch of 22 year olds at the U.

Here's the accurate math rounded to months - looks like they were pretty accurate with the BYU ones, just not the Jazz:

Rudy Gobert - 22.75
Favors -23.67
Hayward - 25
Hood - 22.42
Exum - 19.67

Average - 22.7
-----------------
Kaufusi - 21.92
Sharp - 24.75
Fischer - 22.08
Haws - 23.92
Collinsworth - 23.42

Average 23.21

So about 5 or 6 months younger.

Here's the accurate math rounded to months - looks like they were pretty accurate with the BYU ones, just not the Jazz:

Rudy Gobert - 22.75
Favors -23.67
Hayward - 25
Hood - 22.42
Exum - 19.67

Average - 22.7
-----------------
Kaufusi - 21.92
Sharp - 24.75
Fischer - 22.08
Haws - 23.92
Collinsworth - 23.42