What's new

Utah Jazz vs. Brooklyn Nets 5:30pm MST

Should I get into a fisticuffs with an octogenarian Nets fan tonight?

• Yeah bruh

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Hells yes guy

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Only if it's Fight Club style and you have to lose (but don't talk about it)

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • wtf is fisticuffs, im a tween lol

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

UB

100% certified ****boii
Contributor
Waddup party people!
hqdefault.jpg

034_WCW2203.jpg

Since I am going to the game tonight with wifey, I figured I'd make the game thread.

I'm very torn. I don't know if I want the Jazz to tank or to fight through like they did last season. But I'm fairly sure I don't want to walk out of Barclays Center tonight with a bunch of noob Nets fans taunting me for my Jazz jersey. I don't think I've ever gone to a Jazz game here in Brooklyn when Utah didn't win. I think I've been to five of the six or seven games the Jazz have played here.

nets10.jpg

You know the famous Jazz fan, I think he's a doctor, sits on the front row behind the hoop? Dude had some great signs back in the day. I just looked him up, Dr. Anderson.
Doc_Anderson.0.PNG

Fascinating dude. Super fan. Definitely nutty as a macadamia cookie (https://www.slcdunk.com/2014/12/4/7...anderson-threatened-with-lifetime-ban-reports). I don't know if he still represents, but there is basically his equivalent here in Brooklyn. He's an old Jewish guy, can't be younger than 80.

He is ****in LIT AF FAM. Check out the devil's horns he's making with his hand. Worship satan heavy metal old bastard!!
unnamed-314.jpg

That's the kind of superfan Brookyn has to offer. Of course, a lot of turdboxes here wear Nets gear because it's the only team Brooklyn has (technically we also have the NY Islanders, but lol hockey amirite). There's a lot of good food options at Barclays. Usually the missus and I hit up Shake Shack before the game. **** is dope. And the arena is really nice, too, but they literally...literally have banners hanging in the rafters for Jay-Z and Biggie. Like, I get it, they are Brooklyn royalty, but it's mad corny to give them a banner.
nsbx0814.jpg

But anyways, we're sitting in lower bowl tonight, row 10. If any of you have the balls to watch this monstrosity, be on the lookout for a handsome devil with the rainbow Mitchell jersey and his hot wife with the red Jazz tee.

egypt.png

****in...go Jazz!

Waddup party people!
And the arena is really nice, too, but they literally...literally have banners hanging in the rafters for Jay-Z and Biggie. Like, I get it, they are Brooklyn royalty, but it's mad corny to give them a banner.
nsbx0814.jpg

How is this any different than giving Hot Rod a banner? I know he was an important part of the franchise, but I would argue that Biggie Smalls was a huge part of "Brooklyn pride", why not have a banner respecting someone that put his Brooklyn on his back? Besides, Jay-Z is part owner of the team, let them do whatever the hell he wants.

How is this any different than giving Hot Rod a banner? I know he was an important part of the franchise, but I would argue that Biggie Smalls was a huge part of "Brooklyn pride", why not have a banner respecting someone that put his Brooklyn on his back? Besides, Jay-Z is part owner of the team, let them do whatever the hell he wants.
Hot Rod was a lifer vs. Jay Z apparently selling out 8 shows, in 2012. Can he not fill the stadium now?

Hot Rod was a lifer vs. Jay Z apparently selling out 8 shows, in 2012. Can he not fill the stadium now?

I was more defending the Biggie Smalls banner than the Jay-z banner. Jay-z is part owner, so he has to stroke his own ego I suppose. That being said, Shawn Carter (Jay-Z) is arguably a better rapper, but what do I know

They’re great at denying 3 pt shots ... good news for our team of clankers

But what if we just play hot potato for 24 seconds then... can't shoot in the midrange or 3.

Locke said they foul a lot too... which means it may be a decent matchup for us.

We should be able to beat the Nets. SHOULD.

But then again, we're on the road, and tired, and Mitchell probably isn't 100%. Unlike all the other teams, who have it so easy.