What's new

Utah Jazz vs Sacramento Kings 10 PM ET

Andy Larsen
Fun stat! Trevor Booker, coming into tonight's game, was shooting 15-39 (38 percent) on LAYUPS.

I knew he was missing a ton of layups but sheesh
That explains Harprings man-crush on Booker, anyway.

Also, that's a lot better percentage than I thought. I must've not watched the games where he's actually made layups.

Favors and Hayward the sometimes allstars. They just need to bring it every night. Somenights its Hay, sometimes its Fav. If these two are the core they need
to be like John, and Karl.

Didn't watch the game but where did last year great Jazz defense go ? Was it only Gobert and Exum ? If the team was well coached the defense wouldn't have vanished like that with two injuries.

Didn't watch the game but where did last year great Jazz defense go ? Was it only Gobert and Exum ? If the team was well coached the defense wouldn't have vanished like that with two injuries.

The big hole was Lyles. He kept doubling off his man, Casspi, who kept hitting 3's, or Casspi would take him off the dribble. He doesn't seem quick enough to guard 3's, which he was doing even though playing the 4.

It is frustrating to watch the Jazz lose these very winnable games. That is at least 5 now. Detroit, Orlando x 2, Portland and now Sactown.

Some of the other teams the Jazz needed to lose did, like Memphis and Houston, but the Jazz are simply not taking advantage. So frustrating.

It is frustrating to watch the Jazz lose these very winnable games. That is at least 5 now. Detroit, Orlando x 2, Portland and now Sactown.

Some of the other teams the Jazz needed to lose did, like Memphis and Houston, but the Jazz are simply not taking advantage. So frustrating.

This year is sweet and sour. So many emotions, and changes. One moment you are high feeling great about everything, the next sour and sad wondering what could have been.
Clearly we arent very good without every one of the key pieces healthy.

There was no defense last night. Sacto took it into the paint and finished at will. Zero blocks on all those attempts. Where was Favs? The only good spin I can put on it is that they have not mentally adjusted to not having Rudy back there to clean up. Weak excuse though.

How has the same group from a year ago, sans Gobert and Exum, not learned this ****ing lesson? Full effort against trash teams. Is it rocket science?

I'm not panicking. The two most important positions for a defense are point guard and center. We are missing both of our starters. Favors is a below average defensive center. The Kings ran a layup line all night. When we did protect the rim, we left wide open shooters on the perimeter.

How has the same group from a year ago, sans Gobert and Exum, not learned this ****ing lesson? Full effort against trash teams. Is it rocket science?

Actually, I would say that we were giving effort, it's just Hayward or Favors weren't playing well. In particular, Favors wasn't making any of his post up shots. The last step in Favors becoming an all-star is being able to play well every night, not just some nights.

I would have to go back (no I wont I'm lazy) and check the stats but as I remember it Favors has never played well against Cousins, last night's game might be one of his better games against him so far in his carrier.

I think we win tonight. Did the Jazz ML as part of a 5 team parlay, risking 125 to win 5,000. The other four parts are teh Eagles ML this weekend, the Pats ML this weekend, Oregon ML in the bowl game, and Michigan State ML in the bowl game. We'll see just how good Bama is but personally I think this team is a notch down from their other teams and D'Antoni coached under Saban and knows him well. I think their d plays stellar and Cook has a flawless game. 23-20 Spartans.