What's new

Utah Jazz VS the Miami luke warms on ROOT Sports 1280 AM/ 97.5 FM at 7:00

Just a thought on Haywards clutch shot over Allen. I've never seen him size up the guy guarding him like that. He usually tries to go all the way to the hoop which usually ends up in an awkward shot that has no chance. Good to see he can size up and hit a pull up J. Now I want to see more of that going forward.

Hayward scored 10 points in the 4th. He saved the team. He did not disappear.

This is true. Forgot about the big 3 he hit when we needed it most.
All he missed were those 2 shots when the whole team was down.

You are right. He played a great game. MVP in a huge win.

Jeditiger is exactly the type of fan who will be happy just making the playoffs. Good for him, but you, I, and others want more.
It's ok to be a casual fan, and enjoy just watching the team. For others, we can't stand to watch something we love being run so poorly at times.

We demand a coach who gives us the best chance to win. Not bitching about someone like Watson playing over Burks is criminal. It's hurting the team, and the future.
I simply don't ever want to see Watson play over Burks again. Also playing Marvin Williams 32 minutes is an outright disservice to this team right now.

Bitching and moaning on here is strangely enough getting through to Corbin. He's been asked in interviews, and they've mentioned us bitching about Burks, and other things to his face.
There is no let up now, because we are stuck with Ty this year.

I don't agree with this statement at all . Being happy with wins, and making a playoff push doesn't make you a casual fan whatsoever. I want more for this team, and I'm curious how they'll do when Millsap and Al are gone, that doesn't mean I can't be excited by them taking advantage of a home heavy stretch where they can move up the standings.

I find it ridicous that there's people on this forum, who have actually admitted that they want the Jazz to lose games, just so they can see their desired lineups on the court. Being able to enjoy the now, when the teams playing good ball, whiles being optimistic about the young future of this team doesn't make you a casual fan whatsoever.

I don't agree with this statement at all . Being happy with wins, and making a playoff push doesn't make you a casual fan whatsoever. I want more for this team, and I'm curious how they'll do when Millsap and Al are gone, that doesn't mean I can't be excited by them taking advantage of a home heavy stretch where they can move up the standings.

I find it ridicous that there's people on this forum, who have actually admitted that they want the Jazz to lose games, just so they can see their desired lineups on the court. Being able to enjoy the now, when the teams playing good ball, whiles being optimistic about the young future of this team doesn't make you a casual fan whatsoever.

This. With more swears.

Watched the game again just now. What a nice breakfast treat.

A few thoughts.

- Hayward's body language in the 1st half was incredible. He was attacking, and playing like a confident all star. He disappeared like many of the Jazz in the 2nd half, but did hit the game winner.
Overall I was very impressed with his game as a whole. He's getting there, and it's fun to watch his progression.
- Tinsley was pretty awful. Lots of careless mistakes, his flat footed shot was off, and he just didn't do many positives from what I saw. People blast Burks for a mistake or two, when Tinsley had a full game
of them. The Tinsley Watson experiment needs to end.
- Marvin Williams's game wasn't better the second time around. In fact it was worse. Besides careless plays like right before the half where he grabs a board, starts the break, we have numbers, and he throws it right away. Carroll was light years ahead of him on BOTH sides. Yes, Carroll outplayed him on defense too.

The thing Tinsley does that drives me crazy- is the turnovers. I know he can barely score. But you are a veteran passing pg. You have to be able to take care of the ball.

I have to disagree on the defense. Carrol plays crazy hard on D but he gets of position and Lebron pushed him under the hoop for post ups. Marvin wasn't perfect but he has the quickness, size and strength to make Lebron work.

Carroll had a much better overall game.

Btw the Heat stole way too many telegraphed passes.

This is true. Forgot about the big 3 he hit when we needed it most.
All he missed were those 2 shots when the whole team was down.

You are right. He played a great game. MVP in a huge win.

Agreed completely. Without Hayward, we lose this game. I love it when he gets his angry Kobe game face on. Those are the times when I actually think Hayward can be our go to guy. He plays well when he's angry and loves a big challenge. The guy is young and is improving. That behind the back dribble and step back jumper over Allen was sick. Who else, other than Burks (maybe, more of slasher) can do that on this team? I like the way we play when he handles the ball as well. He's not perfect with it, but it's fun to watch. Plus he's an underrated defender. Frankly, at this point, Hayward, Favors and Kanter are the reason I'm still watching our games.

Anyone have a link for the full highlights of last night's game? I needa see Burks' behind the back crossover and drive on chalmers again

Wow! Just got around to the game tonight and I cannot believe what I saw. For 2 1/2 quarters we looked like we had a real offense. For basically 4 quarters we played great D. And the composure not to fold down the stretch brought a little tear to my eye. Jazz basketball is back (at least for a night.)

Watching in the 3rd I was thinking how unbelievable it was that not one player played bad. Marvin didn't have a game for the ages, and I was calling for Carroll to get put back in, but whatever. Al and Hayward were monsters, Sap was bad ***, Foye played within himself. And the little things -- that pass from Kanter to Favors was gorgeous. Even Favors had a nice pass to a cutting Sap. Also loved seeing Kanter drill an 18 footer like he always does it. Tinsley couldn't make a shot but his game was great.

Agreed completely. Without Hayward, we lose this game. I love it when he gets his angry Kobe game face on. Those are the times when I actually think Hayward can be our go to guy. He plays well when he's angry and loves a big challenge. The guy is young and is improving. That behind the back dribble and step back jumper over Allen was sick. Who else, other than Burks (maybe, more of slasher) can do that on this team? I like the way we play when he handles the ball as well. He's not perfect with it, but it's fun to watch. Plus he's an underrated defender. Frankly, at this point, Hayward, Favors and Kanter are the reason I'm still watching our games.

The best thing about Hayward's game to me what how aggressive he was. He had this look on his face like Kobe or Lebron.
He was playing angry, and confident.

I think Hayward has benefited from being given time from day 1. His role has changed on the team, but he's never been out of the rotation.
Do this with Burks, and I believe we'll have another star on the rise.

Hayward will make at least two all stars in his career...

The best thing about Hayward's game to me what how aggressive he was. He had this look on his face like Kobe or Lebron.
He was playing angry, and confident.

I think Hayward has benefited from being given time from day 1. His role has changed on the team, but he's never been out of the rotation.
Do this with Burks, and I believe we'll have another star on the rise.

Hayward will make at least two all stars in his career...

Good points.